Author Topic: Recipe Review - Homemade lemonade EDC pge 24  (Read 20865 times)

Offline Vix

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review - Homemade lemonade EDC pge 24
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 10:02:58 am »
I've just come inside after sharing a jug of this with the hubby - it was gorgeous!!! I only added half of the water as I like it strong and it was lush :) hubby would have liked it sweeter (I reduced the sugar too)  but I thought it was perfect.

I've only had my Thermie since Monday but have already experimented a heap with the cordial recipe from the EDC too. Made a grapefruit and a pear version using the berry cordial recipie from the EDC. They are yum, but again, too much sugar for me! I'm looking forward to playing around until I get it right for my taste :)

Had a trip to a pal's house earlier and come home with bags full of fruit from her garden, looks like more cooking to come! I'm sooooooo loving this!! :)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:43 am »
Lucky you Vix, I wish I had a friend with fruit trees in their back yard.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:11 pm »
Thanks Cookie. DH said that it tasted like one of his fave drinks, Solo :)

Offline Vix

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 04:26:40 am »
I do feel super lucky Judy! My counter is currently full of loquats, graprfruits and lemons. We have a tonne of fruit ourselves so we do swops, it's fabulous! :)

Now, better be making some  jam to use all this up! :)

Offline LauraTO

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 10:16:21 pm »
Made this today with half the sugar and it was still great, and really fun to make too.  The basket is so nifty!  Can you tell I'm a newbie haha?

I had a small glass and then moved on to Sangria and added the rest to that.  I will definitely try with other citrus fruits added, I always keep a huge bowl of lemons limes oranges and grapefruits on my kitchen counter!