Author Topic: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)  (Read 83444 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:15 am »
Found this comparison for anyone who is interested in reading more.
Interesting reading.
 Although I cant say i like the name of the Hotmixpro gastro :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix vs Hotmixpro (gastro)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:11 pm »

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »
LOL Dede I think the name turns me off too  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:33:36 pm »
Am I the only one looking at jumping ship?   :o :D

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:37:33 pm »
I'd prefer if the review was based on the easy vs tm31, and another one gastro v tm31, to get a clear case of what each one does for the price point.

Loving the new one on the horizon, capable of -24 - +190 degree's! at 4k, I may be dreaming.

May. lol!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
I think the motor of the TM outwins them all. Being that it's a reluctance motor and has no moving parts, using less wattage makes it the winner.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 03:22:35 pm »
I have absolutely no allegiance to the TM. If there is a better machine out there, I'll get it. I love this way of cooking and there is no way I am going back to the old way if I can possibly help it. I saw the Hotmix a while ago on the web, the only thing that turned me off a the time was the inbuilt recipes and the fact that what I was watching was in another language, but I can see that inbuilt recipes would be a positive. If you were to go away and take your machine with you, there are inbuilt recipes if you need them and also everyday cooking you don't have to refer to a book rather go by a chefs recipe. I can see the next couple of years there is going to be some stiff competition for the TM, and they may have to lift their game --- bring it on! Yes, there has been some good sales figures but the competition has caught on, and like all good ideas such as the telephone and light globe, you come to accept that you can shop around for a better deal.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline mumof2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »
An interesting read, wonder what part 3 will encourage???? 

Have no problem with other machines, and other people preferring other machines.  Just not too sure about this lady's comparison.  A little biased towards the HMPG, especially with her mention of the Varoma.  Why, when you are spending sooo much money on a machine, would you still want to use the microwave or stove top to steam? 

I must admit, I was dumbfounded by her description of there being "a lot to take off to get the blades out to clean the bowl" in reference to the TMX, and going on to say that you just have to unscrew the bolt from the bottom of the blades to get them off the HMPG - mmmmmm, twist a base or unscrew a bolt?????

Just my opinions, take with a grain of salt! 

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »
I thought the same with taking out the blades. I didn't think it could get any easier than the TM. Also where she mentioned about the dials and buttons on the TM being confusing, I think the TM is so easy to set, only takes 2 seconds. (but I have had mine for quiet awhile now and it's second nature)
But saying that I am happy there is some competition out there, might bring the price down (eventually) for the TM or some changes to keep up with the competition.
I do love my TM though :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:18 pm »
I have not heard of this new machine.

I am all for competition too, anything to bring the price down of the TM or to get some added benefits.

At this stage I woudnt look at another machine at these prices, love my TM & have a load of TM recipe books.

Its going to take me a long time to get through all the recipes I want to try in the TM.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:54:25 pm »
Same here Hally, 2 life times would not get me through all these recipes ;D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »
I too will watch this with interest. I feel the same as CP and though I LOVE my TM  I will use the best method to cook whatever it is I'm cooking that day.

I've always had a problem with how the TM sautees onions, I can never get them cooked enough to get rid of the 'uncooked' taste in some recipes. Doesn't happen in all but anyone familiar with me will know that I tend to do the onions in a frypan and will then add to the bowl and carry on with the recipe. If another machine can have a higher heat and not burn (like the Bellini) then that would be a big plus for me. Saying that though I can't see me shelling out $4000 right now for another machine and yes I would get the more expensive one as I'd hate to get the cheaper one and then regret it.

If the time came where I would need to replace my machine it's good to know that there are starting to be more options out there and by that time the true worth of these new machines will be evident.

Must say I too was a little surprised about the comparison with the bases and how the HMP was easier, it certainly didn't sound so to me  ???

Offline HotmixPRO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:49:16 am »
An interesting read, wonder what part 3 will encourage???? 

Have no problem with other machines, and other people preferring other machines.  Just not too sure about this lady's comparison.  A little biased towards the HMPG, especially with her mention of the Varoma.  Why, when you are spending sooo much money on a machine, would you still want to use the microwave or stove top to steam? 

I must admit, I was dumbfounded by her description of there being "a lot to take off to get the blades out to clean the bowl" in reference to the TMX, and going on to say that you just have to unscrew the bolt from the bottom of the blades to get them off the HMPG - mmmmmm, twist a base or unscrew a bolt?????

Just my opinions, take with a grain of salt! 

Hello Again, In regards to you comments regarding the Varoms, as the HMP is a commercial machine most kitchens have a Combi Steamer check out this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combi_steamer )  to do the steaming making the Varoma useless as it is too small for most commercial applications, but perfect for the domestic market.

In relation to the blade removal, it is a matter of preference, both systems atre simple but I feel that removing the nut is a simpler system with less chance of breaking the base that the blades clip into with the TMX

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:28 am »
 ??? Do you mean the old style of blade?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 02:35:29 am »
The blade in HotMix is easy to remove, has a sort of screw bolt which comes off completely. The blade slots into the base of the bowl much the same as in Thermomix apart from the bolt thingy! (To use a technical term!)
 ;D