Author Topic: Chicken and Macadamia Quiche  (Read 6258 times)

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
Chicken and Macadamia Quiche
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:21:42 pm »
Ingredients:
85g SR Flour
85g Plain Flour
100g Butter
90g Cheese - Grated
1 Egg
1 TB Water
30g Macadamia nuts Blitz for 3 - 4 seconds speed 7

60g Butter
4 Shallots
43g Plain Flour
375ml Milk
2 Eggs
250g Cooked Chicken (steam in varoma setting)
2 ts Stock
30 Macadamia Nuts

Pastry Method
Place Macadamia nuts in TM speed 6 for 10 seconds. Add Flours and butter, mix for 10 seconds on speed 6 until resembles bread crumbs.
Add Cheese blitz for 3 seconds.  Add egg and cold water set dial to closed lid position,  :: for 20 seconds on interval speed until dough forms.
Turn onto floured ThermoMat and flatten into round disc slightly smaller than a flan tin.  Wrap and place in fridge to rest while you make filling.

Roll pastry to 1cm thick and line flan tin.   Blind bake at 200C for 15 min.

Filling Method

Saute Shallots and butter in TM bowl for 2 minutes at 100C on speed 1. Add Flour, Stock and Milk and cook for 7 minutes at 90C on speed 4
Let cool slightly then add Egg in shoot with TM set to speed 2 for 15 seconds.

Cover pastry with Cooked Chicken pieces and Macadamia nuts, gently pour over egg mixture.  Top with extra grated cheese and macadamia nuts. Bake 20 minutes on 180C.

members' comments

JD -what a lovely gourmet quiche this is.
A few questions berringamababe.  2 tsp stock is this stock concentrate (which I did use) and the macadamia nuts in the pastry ingredients are blitzed first in the ingredient list then the first step says to blitz them again.  I ignored the first one and just did the 10 sec/speed 6 instruction.  For those in the filling, are they left whole or chopped.  I roughly chopped them by hand as I wasn't sure what to do here.  For the topping I just blitzed a few to mix with the cheese.
Even with these queries and me doing what I thought I should do, it was a huge success, thanks for the posting.

Berringamababe - I blitz them first in the pastry then again when I add everything so they are not to lumpy but what ever suits. I do often chop nuts by hand if I want nicer presentation but on lazy days just in TM.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:38:48 pm by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken and Macadamia Quiche
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:59:09 pm »
This sounds so interesting berringamababe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »
Most unusual, will have to try this.  Thanks.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:21:20 am »
Mmm. I wonder how 'the mob' would feel about nuts in their quiche? It sounds lovely though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 01:46:26 am »
Had this for lunch today, what a lovely gourmet quiche this is.
A few questions berringamababe.  2 tsp stock is this stock concentrate (which I did use) and the macadamia nuts in the pastry ingredients are blitzed first in the ingredient list then the first step says to blitz them again.  I ignored the first one and just did the 10 sec/speed 6 instruction.  For those in the filling, are they left whole or chopped.  I roughly chopped them by hand as I wasn't sure what to do here.  For the topping I just blitzed a few to mix with the cheese.
Even with these queries and me doing what I thought I should do, it was a huge success, thanks for the posting.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:32 am »
Pleased you enjoyed it judydawn.
I blitz them first in the pastry then again when I add everything so they are not to lumpy.
But what every suits.
I do often chop nuts by hand if I want nicer presentation, but on lazy days just in TM.
I first came across this recipe when I lived on the Sunshine Coast about 14 years and have really loved it as one of those dishes to share with friends or when asked to bring something to share.
And YES stock concentrate I never use anything else the original would have been chicken stock for those who don't use concentrate
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:11:44 am by berringamababe »