Author Topic: Chicken Fillets in Varoma  (Read 23910 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chicken Fillets in Varoma
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 06:10:46 am »
They freeze well - just be careful of what types of filling you use - but most of the ones I froze heated up well.  Some even eaten cold - the red pepper one was OK cold.

BTW - congratulations - finally arrived.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline mel81q

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 03:09:01 am »
Great thanks - might give it a try and see what it turns out like. i think i am going to use the capsicum and sundried tomato dip recipe with some breadcrumbs and wrap that inside the chicken? Have you tried that at all?

BTW - good on you for making such a fabulous contribution to this forum. I think its going to fast become my number one website LOL

Mel

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 03:20:15 am »
Thanks - I enjoy being helpful - think that i am  :-))
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:17 am »
Great thanks - might give it a try and see what it turns out like. i think i am going to use the capsicum and sundried tomato dip recipe with some breadcrumbs and wrap that inside the chicken? Have you tried that at all?

BTW - good on you for making such a fabulous contribution to this forum. I think its going to fast become my number one website LOL

Mel
Mel, I've used the dip topped with grated cheese on top of chicken thigh fillets (not rolled though) in the varoma with potatoes cooking in the basket and vegies in the varoma tray.  It is sort of like a parmiagana but without the chicken being crumbed and fried. Cooked for 20 minutes on varoma temperature, speed 1. A nice, easy all-in-one-meal.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 03:56:43 am »
Great suggestion JD  :-*

Thermomixer - the forum just wouldn't be the same without you  :-*
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 05:11:51 am »
Agree.  You are an absolute wealth of knowledge TMXer. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 09:13:51 am »
Made this yesterday, chicken rolled with serrano ham, cheese and york ham. The children turned their noses up when they saw it, :'( :'( :'( :'( (think it looks too exquisite) but DH made them try it, and they loved it!!! Hurray!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
The sauce is lovely too! Very rich, and not at all like gravy, but lightly teaspooned over makes this a very special ocassion dinner! They loved that too! Thankgod!

Pedro Ximenez  (this wine is a very very sweet sherry, almost like kosher wine, if anyone has ever tried that. Guess Port would probably do too!

Pedro Ximenez sauce

Ingredients

350g Pedro Ximenez wine, or very sweet sherry, or Port
120g fresh cream
orange juice (half an orange, freshly squeezed)
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon cornflour (mixed into the orange juice)

Measure wine into THX, and program 20 min, Temp Varoma, Speed 2. (Place chicken rolls in Varoma above)
After 20 mins, should have reduced to at least half. Add remaining ingredients to THX and program 8 mins, Temp Varoma, Speed 2. (Chicken will be ready!) ;) ;) ;)

As I mentioned above the sauce is very rich, but its lovely and special. The children really loved it and want me to repeat it again today! However have bought all the ingredients to try out the pork mignon!

I made roast pork today with roast vegies and made this sauce to drizzle over which was posted by Bron.  It's absolutely delicious!  I did use creamed port as the liquor and even though she didn't say to, I left off the MC to help to reduce down.  It resulted in a lovely sauce enough for about 4 and my DH especially couldn't stop raving about it saying I will have to make it again.

I think it would be a good idea to give it a thread of it's own. 5/5.   ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:28 am »
This is what we had for lunch today, great little dish for dinner parties or guests.  It was delicious served over flattened chicken breasts, one lot filled with spinach and feta and the other with some basil dip I had in the freezer. I just used some ordinary sweet sherry.
Check out the whole process here
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1164.0

Made this yesterday, chicken rolled with serrano ham, cheese and york ham. The children turned their noses up when they saw it, :'( :'( :'( :'( (think it looks too exquisite) but DH made them try it, and they loved it!!! Hurray!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
The sauce is lovely too! Very rich, and not at all like gravy, but lightly teaspooned over makes this a very special ocassion dinner! They loved that too! Thankgod!

Pedro Ximenez  (this wine is a very very sweet sherry, almost like kosher wine, if anyone has ever tried that. Guess Port would probably do too!

Pedro Ximenez sauce

Ingredients

350g Pedro Ximenez wine, or very sweet sherry, or Port
120g fresh cream
orange juice (half an orange, freshly squeezed)
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon cornflour (mixed into the orange juice)

Measure wine into THX, and program 20 min, Temp Varoma, Speed 2. (Place chicken rolls in Varoma above)
After 20 mins, should have reduced to at least half. Add remaining ingredients to THX and program 8 mins, Temp Varoma, Speed 2. (Chicken will be ready!) ;) ;) ;)

As I mentioned above the sauce is very rich, but its lovely and special. The children really loved it and want me to repeat it again today! However have bought all the ingredients to try out the pork mignon!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 02:45:08 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.