Author Topic: Rainbow Recipes (vegan) - links to reviews  (Read 14596 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:39:28 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Recipes (vegan) - reviews & links
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:40:32 pm »
I must order this book - I keep forgetting  :(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:01:18 pm »
My vegan customers rave about this book.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 02:08:27 am »
The creamy cashew mayonnaise is amazing. You'd swear you were eating dairy and it is a great way to use lemons which are plentiful on my tree at the moment.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

mcmich

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:47:48 am »
Wonderful reveiw and link - thankyou

Offline Katcme

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »
I have a little one who is dairy and egg allergic so Vegan is great for him but he is also nut & soy allergic and most vegan recipes over compensate with these - is the book similar? Don't want to order them all and find I can't use them!!! Thanks

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:46 pm »
Your best bet would be to email Aileen at
aileen4health@bigpond.com and explain your requirements to her.  She will probably send you a sample of her recipes but will definitely be only too pleased to answer your queries Katcme. You are right, she does use walnuts and cashews quite a bit.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:54:30 am by judydawn »

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:43 am »
I have treated myself to a copy of Rainbow Menus which is a companion book to Rainbow Recipes.  Like Rainbow recipes, I find this book really interesting and really helpful as I'm trying to incorporate some vegan dishes into the family diet. There are menu plans and more fascinating recipes to try (Dairy free cheese is first up  :)). Thank you Aileen. Love your work.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 11:03:51 am »
I have a little one who is dairy and egg allergic so Vegan is great for him but he is also nut & soy allergic and most vegan recipes over compensate with these - is the book similar? Don't want to order them all and find I can't use them!!! Thanks

I haven't come across any soy in the book.

There are a few nut recipes, can he have any nuts at all? ie cashew?

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 04:07:44 pm »
I have treated myself to a copy of Rainbow Menus which is a companion book to Rainbow Recipes.  Like Rainbow recipes, I find this book really interesting and really helpful as I'm trying to incorporate some vegan dishes into the family diet. There are menu plans and more fascinating recipes to try (Dairy free cheese is first up  :)). Thank you Aileen. Love your work.

What is in Rainbow Menus please Djinni?  Is it recipes or ideas based on the Rainbow Recipes book?  I tried to see if there's a website anywhere which gives an overview of the 2 books, but I can only find information on Rainbow Recipes.  Actually, the only reason I know that the other book exists is because of your post here  ;D

Now that you've (hopefully) had a chance to try out both of the books, would you recommend them both even if it involves horrendous international postage charges?  ;D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Recipes (vegan) - links to reviews
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 06:20:40 pm »
Caroline there are 58 additional recipes in Rainbow Menus.  The book consists of 3 sections.
1st section is  7-day menu plans (it does not give you day by day recipes but a choice of items you you should be eating)
Section 2 is recipes.
Section 3 is a 30-day menu plan and lifestyle journal which you fill in yourself.
Aileen usually gives a good deal if both books are purchased at the same time.
Whether you would use this book to it's full potential would depend on whether you are a total vegan - for me, I must admit I have hardly looked at it apart from browsing the recipes when I first received it. I bought for myself and another person so she gave me a deal too good not to miss. There are some interesting recipes in both her books and I think would be a great buy for vegans.  For me, they are just another couple of TMX recipe books in my collection which have interesting alternatives if I have vegetarian/vegan visitors which is rarely these days.
This perspective may be totally differerent from any vegans on the forum who have both these books and they may care to add their thoughts.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 09:26:16 pm »
Thanks Judy. I think maybe I'll hold off for now and get them later. We aren't vegan, but we do have one daughter who can't eat dairy or eggs and another who wants to be vegetarian but found it hard to give up meat. However, at some point I suspect she will, meantime we're just decreasing the amount of meat we eat.  When and if that day comes, it will make sense for us to eat mainly vegan rather than vegetarian to deal with dd2's intolerances.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 06:18:30 pm »
I received some feedback about this book from a customer tonight, which is well worth sharing.

We love the Rainbow Recipes Cookbook. Our favourite recipes are: the sweet potato frittata , the baked falafel balls with hommous, and the spicy tomato and lentil dahl . Then again, we just love our thermomix! It has been amazing for making the delicious cashew cream, yum yum.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution