Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5205729 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #8070 on: January 20, 2013, 10:35:29 pm »
Looks like Miele wins :)

Will my frittata machine ever make pizzas ???

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »
If you have 4 mouths to feed Hally, unless you do them all at once, you will have to share the first one then be up and down from the table making the rest throughout the whole meal.  So much easier to put them all on the table at once so that you can enjoy your meal too and not feel like a pizza maker/waitress  ;)  Perhaps you can make yourself & CP a pizza one day for lunch when DH is away or at work.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: January 20, 2013, 10:45:57 pm »
Yes as I have to be seated at the table as we have a lovey foster boy with adhd here today for 3 days. He needs to be watched especially around pizza, lol. last time he was here. i told dh to check his bag, he foud 1/2 a pizza in there with each slice a bite taken  out. we cracked up laughing later & I dont mind him taking food but I need to know for health reasons. there was chicken on the pizza & if he ate it later  in our heat he could have got very sick.

Dh & I still laugh about it :)

Children in care often hoard food, its very common for them to have a stash somewhere.

we tell all the kids theres plenty of food  here, they can  take what thy like when they leave, , but let me organise it.

If it was the 3 of us I would  use the machine :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:47:36 pm by Halex »

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: January 20, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »
Hally, how sad that they have to hide food.
Perhaps you could buy him a special container with a clear lid that he can put food in. Put his name on it and put it in the fridge. Tell him that it is his only and he can add to it at anytime and also eat from it when hungry. That way you know the food will not perish as quickly. The clear lid will also allow you to see what's in it without opening.
We did that for a child we looked after for a weekend. It helped and they got to take the container home full of goodies.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: January 20, 2013, 11:33:54 pm »
Good idea DG, will put o e  in the alfresco are for him & cp.

Stop cp asking me for food all the time :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:37:20 pm by Halex »

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »
Had a lovely lunch out at beachside restaurant but now having a small serve of the best beef rendang I have ever cooked.
Using recipe from my Balinese 'family' that I have had for 20 years but first time I have cooked in pressure cooker....  They don't eat beef as Hindu but love the Javanese rendang so they substitute chicken and theirs is amazing,. I have used their recipe for years but the pressure cooker delivered the best ever... Love it  ;D

Are you allowed to share the recipe with us Mama, or is it a family secret?  :D

Mcmich, your dinner looks lovely.  :D

PLEASE PLEASE

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #8076 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:17 am »
Yes as I have to be seated at the table as we have a lovey foster boy with adhd here today for 3 days. He needs to be watched especially around pizza, lol. last time he was here. i told dh to check his bag, he foud 1/2 a pizza in there with each slice a bite taken  out. we cracked up laughing later & I dont mind him taking food but I need to know for health reasons. there was chicken on the pizza & if he ate it later  in our heat he could have got very sick.

Dh & I still laugh about it :)

Children in care often hoard food, its very common for them to have a stash somewhere.

we tell all the kids theres plenty of food  here, they can  take what thy like when they leave, , but let me organise it.

Oh Hally that did make me sad for these children :( you are a very special person doing a great job.  Xxx
If it was the 3 of us I would  use the machine :)
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: January 21, 2013, 05:27:15 am »
Thank you Jude :)

Well he ate a good lunch :)

Offline natmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:32 am »
 :D Funny about the food thing Halley my friend who fosters has one doing the same..will mention the container thing too!
Dinner here tonight is quiche with the cream cheese pastry and salad.
Nat

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: January 21, 2013, 06:32:42 am »
Apricot chicken. Got heaps of farm fresh apricots from a lively customer. Will blitz them in thermie to add to the apricot nectar.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: January 21, 2013, 07:20:54 am »
Yummy DG.
Great story Hally.
Made three pizzas in new frittata machine tonight. Everyone happy. The others were boring but mine had JD's garlic sauce, mushrooms and CC's spiced beef. Delicious. Our oven had a keep warm function so kept pizzas warm until third one done. Seemed to work ok.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52:32 am »
Converted a Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook recipe  - Scallop Prawn & Vegetable Combination. 

Verdict - with a book over 30 years old, this was a little disappointing as what we liked 30 years ago leaves our taste buds looking for something a little extra today.  It was OK but I don't think I would do it again.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: January 21, 2013, 08:37:52 am »
A Jamie Oliver pasta tonight - being made by my youngest who is a brand new vegetarian (a decision taken the other day after helping her dad to load the steers for their last (and only, actually) ride.
my 6 year old DD wants to become a vegetarian (only cause she doesn't really like meat) but I told her she will need to learn to like mushrooms and dark leafy greens. She said she would stay eating meat, lol.

How old is your DD?

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: January 21, 2013, 08:41:17 am »
Converted a Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook recipe  - Scallop Prawn & Vegetable Combination. 

Verdict - with a book over 30 years old, this was a little disappointing as what we liked 30 years ago leaves our taste buds looking for something a little extra today.  It was OK but I don't think I would do it again.

With some tweaking it might be nice :)

We had the high protein almond salad, green salad and steak with a boiled egg. DH really liked the almond salad. It makes a lot though, considering you can't eat a lot of it. Next time I would halve the amount of almonds and sunflower seeds.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45:44 am »
BBQ sausages for DH and I.  The GD's had egg & bacon pies and we had mixed vegs with them.  Ice cream for dessert.  Wasn't having the girls until next weekend but something came up and so they came today for 3 nights.  Will need to shop tomorrow as the cupboard is pretty bare.  :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.