Author Topic: First meal  (Read 4620 times)

Offline ThermieFan

• View Profile
First meal
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:49:37 am »
I forgot to mention in my intro that I am in  Brisbane Australia.
My Thermie hasn't arrived yet , as my consultant is at the Thermofest in SA, so I am sure I will get it next week, the wait has been terrible, I have looked through the wonderful recipes here and I think I am over whelmed as to what to try first.

What was the first thing you made with your Thermomix and your first real  oops?  :)

I am sure I will have more than my fare share of mistakes  :-))

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:51:13 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: First meal
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:58:22 am »
I was terrible when I first got my TMX over 5 years ago now ThermieFan and this rabbit stew recipe from our Master Moderator was the first thing I was happy with. Of course now there are plenty of lovely recipes, nothing I could call a failure anymore. I think my first failures were because I didn't know how powerful this machine was and I perhaps overchopped, not always my fault - if you follow a recipe you expect it to be correct.  That's what I love about the review section nowadays, people soon let you know if a recipe needs tweaking (from the books) and those who try the forum recipes will do so as well.

Tell us what you like to eat and I'm sure our members will give you some nice options.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:36:16 am »
The first thing I made in  my machine about 6 years ago was the veggie stock. I think we had lots of sorbets and custards for a while too. It took me quite a while to be 100% comfortable with the machine. This forum was in its infancy then but the people on it were very helpful. You will find that it is still a very helpful forum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:20:19 am »
The first thing I made was cheese and bacon buns off this forum.... :o :o
Followed closely by vege stock, mushroom risotto (EDC), and lemon custard.
Think my TM stayed all clean and new and shiny for approx 20seconds after it was delivered and set up!!!  ;D ;D ;D

The wait for it to arrive is the hardest part of owning a TM!
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:19:50 pm »
Hi and welcome.
I think I made vege stock, and sorbets  the first day.

I really taught myself, as my consultant just dropped and went. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »
I honestly can't remember but tomato and salami fettuccine from edc and Chelsea's Bangers and mash were right at the beginning.

Offline KathD11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 12:56:41 am »
I started with something 'safe' the mushroom risotto I had already seen made at the demo 😄 my only oops moments have been when using mince bought from the supermarket (rather than mincing in TM myself) it's really so fine you have to be careful not to mush it

*suzanne*

Re: Re: First meal
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:41 am »
The first thing I made was profiteroles, my consultant made the custard when she dropped my tmx off and since my kids don't like custard I had to use it for something they were a success and now make them quite often

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 04:29:38 am »
The first thing i made was lemon butter. I feel very happy that i discovered this forum before we purchased thermie. From day one i havent been short of new recipes. Garlic prawn risotto was another early recipe and i thought it was restaurant quality. Its been almost 3 years since thermie joined us.
Denise

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 07:49:59 am »
The first thing I made was stock concentrate so I could make the fresh onion dip, soup and then risotto. My first oops was polenta and I still haven't got it right although it is much better that the first attempt ;D
Have fun!
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 10:01:02 am »
I made veg stock and the mushroom risotto. Played it safe. There's been a few oops moments and they mainly have to do with forgetting to use the reverse button. My most recent was smashed potatoes that ended up puréed rather than smashed. Ugh!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 11:18:26 pm »
My first was pumpkin soup from the EDC.  I haven't had any really bad oops's, but several near misses!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.