Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8927536 times)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #945 on: June 28, 2009, 01:13:31 pm »
We made 4 lots of playdough, bread rolls for lunch, creamy mushroom pasta for dinner (own recipe), apple crumble (own recipe) and custard.

Yummm

The recipes I created need a little tweaking, but not much.  When I get them sorted, will post them  :)

Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #946 on: June 28, 2009, 01:43:36 pm »
We had some "can't get past the price" friends over for dinner and I just had to show my baby off.  I made some hommus to go with my thermie rice crackers for starters, baf's varoma chicken and veg for mains and some mixed berri ice-cream for dessert (using frozen milk cubes).  I served coffee with the chocolate macadamia nut shortbread from Tenina's blog (made with hazelnuts and peanuts - yummy).  The kids had pumpkin, feta and baby spinach pizzas for their treat.  All very lovely and very easy (although a big day cooking - need a rest tomorrow).

Chelsea  :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #947 on: June 28, 2009, 01:49:33 pm »
and what did the friends say?
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56:33 pm »
There wasn't nearly enough gushing for my liking . . . . . . . but then jealousy is a curse.   :D

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 28, 2009, 10:21:38 pm »
LOL! ;D
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 29, 2009, 12:58:49 pm »
I cooked a chicken-cacciatore style risotto tonight.  Just threw a few things in and voila!  This is so much fun, creating our own yummy meals  :)

Again, needs a little tweaking, but once I have it - I will post it in this forum. 

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 29, 2009, 01:01:40 pm »
dh did risotto tonight but i don't know what he changed, it was soo bland and bleh  :'( :-\
My Cooking Blog

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 29, 2009, 11:38:14 pm »
Am feeling really guilty...as have been too busy to even get near internet recently! Missing you all! Hope find I some time soon, but am struggling in-between work, 3 kids off school, beach, pool and painting the apartment!
Have made lentil stew, alioli (no eggs, just garlic and oil and lemon juice OMG it works....a thick garlic spread!) and a really nice Empanada, not too sure how to explain what it is in English (ideal party food, snack etc) its a pastry pie that covers the entire tray of oven and this one is filled with dates, bacon, cheese and ham (lovely combination) to be eaten cold. Am making one again on Friday to take to a party so will try and take a photo of finished product, DH loved it! ;D ;D ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #953 on: June 30, 2009, 03:33:49 am »
Hi Guys.... I'll be a little scarce for a bit.  Took on a new project :)  Gonna build a wood fired oven on my patio !!!  Really excited about it.  I'm busy sourcing supplies and getting started.  Build the block base today...

Anyway, this weekend I did have time to reproduce a desert I had in a Montreal Restaurant, Brunoise, which has since closed it's doors.  It's a pana cotta served with basil syrup and passion fruit seeds.  It is outstanding in hot weather !!!!  You can find the recipe HERE

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 30, 2009, 05:39:24 am »
I just made Brazen's banana, blueberry and yoghurt cake - OMG. Despite the fact that I used frozen blueberries, cooked it in a ring tin and forgot to hit the reverse button when adding the bananas it is just wonderful.  What a delicious (and very forgiving) cake!
Chelsea  :D

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 30, 2009, 06:40:43 am »
yes it is delish! i think ih ad it in my mind for comparison for the GF book berry cake, that's why it failed lol
My Cooking Blog

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 30, 2009, 12:03:19 pm »
Tweaked the pumpkin soup recipe considerably and made a thick pumpkin, corn and bacon soup tonight (needed to do a double batch) with parmesan bread rolls.   Yummmmmmmm.

Tomorrow, I am going to make a banana cake recipe I grabbed from this forum as I have my SIL coming around for arvo tea  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 30, 2009, 12:17:54 pm »
Tomorrow, I am going to make a banana cake recipe I grabbed from this forum as I have my SIL coming around for arvo tea  :)

Hi Marmee.

I recently made the yummy forum banana cake and followed Thermomixers suggestion of topping it with cream cheese frosting.  It was divine!  There is a tmx recipe for the icing on the forum or in our basic cookbook (with the carrot cake) if you are interested.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 30, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »
Having had a visitor for 5 days & DH's 60th birthday party, like Bron, I also have been too preoccupied to spend much time on the forum so now it is catch-up time as our life returns to 'normal'.  I am sick of the sight of food though so will ease myself back into cooking.  In the meantime, think we will use some of the meal vouchers he was given for his birthday over the next couple of weeks as I need a break from the kitchen.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 30, 2009, 01:23:51 pm »
Having had a visitor for 5 days & DH's 60th birthday party, like Bron, I also have been too preoccupied to spend much time on the forum so now it is catch-up time as our life returns to 'normal'.  I am sick of the sight of food though so will ease myself back into cooking.  In the meantime, think we will use some of the meal vouchers he was given for his birthday over the next couple of weeks as I need a break from the kitchen.

It's nice to have you back JD.  I was actually thinking about you tonight.  I was reading the newest Better Homes & Garden mag. and spotted a recipe that would be great in the tmx.  I wondered if I waited long enough it might come on the show and you may convert it for me . . . . .  Cheeky I know  ;)