Author Topic: Thermomix International and Translation  (Read 96981 times)

Offline MelissaS

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix International and Translation
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 02:39:15 am »
One more from brazen20au's request list:

Sloppy Joes
It’s so good, they won’t know it’s good for them! Because it contains both meat and vegetables, it is nutritious as well as delicious - much better than traditional canned Sloppy Joes. Served with bread or potatoes, it makes an easy and complete meal. It’s also good as a potato or hot dog topping.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 7 min.

Ingredients:
•   1 small onion, peeled
•   1/2 green bell pepper, seeds removed
•   240g ground beef
•   60g ketchup
•   60g steak sauce
•   1 tsp. salt
•   dash of pepper
•   dash of Worcestershire sauce

Instructions:
With the Blades running on speed 3, drop onion and green pepper into the Bowl through the
opening in the Lid. Mix for 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients. Cook for 7 minutes at 100°C on speed 1, turning down to 90°C, when steaming rapidly. Serve hot on toasted buns or hard rolls.

Offline MelissaS

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:30 am »
Another from brazen20au's request list:

Spicy Asian Chicken in Garlic Sauce
This dish is usually served in Chinese restaurants as an appetizer, however, it also makes a nice
light supper or luncheon dish. The mild flavor of the poached chicken breast is a perfect companion for the gingery garlic sauce. To complete the meal, serve steamed rice and some stir-fried vegetables.

Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.

Ingredients:
Chicken
•   400g water
•   4 slices fresh ginger, 0.6 cm thick
•   30g Scotch whiskey
•   350g skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
Sauce
•   1 clove garlic
•   2 scallions
•   1 piece ginger root (size of garlic clove)
•   2 tbsp. soy sauce
•   1 tbsp. unseasoned rice wine vinegar
•   2tsp. sugar
•   1 tsp. Asian chili oil
•   1/4 tsp. Asian sesame oil
Garnish
•   fresh chopped cilantro, as garnish

Instructions:
Place water, ginger, and Scotch into the Bowl. Place chicken in the Basket. Place the Basket into
the Bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at 100°C on speed 4. Place chicken in a serving dish, and cover.
Clean the Bowl. With the Blades running for 10 seconds on speed 7, drop garlic clove, scallions,
and ginger into the Bowl through the opening in the Lid. Scrape down sides of the Bowl using the
Spatula. Add remaining Sauce ingredients to the Bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 2.
Shred chicken with a fork, or slice it. Pour sauce over chicken, and toss. Serve at room temperature garnished with chopped, fresh cilantro.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 04:24:35 am »
thanks you so much melissa! can't wait to try the sloppy joes - that's one recipe i tried to convert for the aussie meat cookbook, but it wasn't at all successful :(
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 04:44:16 am »
Thanks again Melissa - great work - very much appreciated  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline MelissaS

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 04:38:00 pm »

Chinese Cashew Turkey and Broccoli
For great Chinese food at home, this is a very low fat recipe that packs a nutritional punch. Served with rice, it is a complete meal that’s sure to please even picky eaters. It’s also a great recipe if you have vegetarians on your guest list, because you can substitute bean curd (tofu) for the turkey, and still retain the great taste and nutritional value.

Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 27 min.

Ingredients:
Entree
•   ― 350g broccoli florets
•   ― 350g canned bamboo shoots, drained
•   ― 6 green onions, cut diagonally
•   ― 480g turkey cut into thin strips
•   ― 1 tbsp. sesame oil
•   ― 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
•   ― 60g unsalted, raw cashews
•   ― 600g water
Sauce
•   ― 3 tbsp. cornstarch
•   ― 90g Sherry
•   ― 60g soy sauce

Instructions:
Layer vegetables in the lower Varoma tray. Combine prepared turkey with sesame oil, sesame seeds, and cashews and place in the upper Varoma tray. Pour water into the Bowl. Properly install the Varoma trays. Cook for 25 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1. After cooking, remove the Varoma trays and make sauce. Retain 250g of cooking liquid in the Bowl. Attach the Butterfly to the Blades. Dissolve cornstarch in sherry and soy sauce. Pour into the Bowl. Cook for 2 minutes at 100°C on
speed 2, or until thickened. Mix turkey, vegetables, and sauce in a serving dish. Serve with rice.

Offline MelissaS

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 04:40:16 pm »

Dirty Rice with Meatballs and Peppers
This complete dinner can be cooked in your Thermomix. Even meatballs can be mixed in your Thermomix, so no more messy hands!

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 29 min.

Ingredients:
Meatballs
•   1 small onion
•   1 glove garlic
•   480g ground beef
•   30g dry bread crumbs
•   1 tbsp. steak sauce
•   1 egg
•   salt & pepper, to taste
Vegetables
•   1 red bell pepper, cut into rings
•   1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
•   1 yellow bell pepper, cut into rings
Rice
•   1 small onion
•   1 glove garlic
•   60g butter
•   salt & pepper, to taste
•   600g beef bouillon
•   300g water
•   200g converted white rice
•   150g fresh, sliced mushrooms
•   2 tbsp. parsley
Sauce
•   3 tbsp. cornstarch
Topping
•   90g Parmesan cheese

Instructions:
Place onion and garlic into the Bowl. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Add ground beef, bread crumbs, steak sauce, egg, salt and pepper to the Bowl. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the Bowl, using the Spatula, if needed, and mix a little longer. Shape into 2.5cm balls. Place meatballs in lightly oiled lower Varoma tray. Place peppers on top of meatballs. Set aside while preparing rice. Place onion, garlic, and butter into the Bowl. Cook for 3 minutes at 100°C on speed 4. Add .salt and pepper, bouillon, and water to the Bowl. Place the Basket into the Bowl. Add rice, mushrooms, and parsley to the Basket. Properly install the Varoma tray. Cook for 25 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 4. Remove the Varoma tray and the Basket, leaving liquid in the Bowl. Gradually add cornstarch to the Bowl. Cook for I minute at 100°C on speed 4. Place rice, meatballs, and peppers in middle of serving platter. Pour sauce on top, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 11:15:17 pm »
thank you again!!! you are a legend :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:22 am »
Melissa, you've done a great job with this thread while this lazy bum was drinking margaritas by the pool all summer long. I promise I'll give it a go to translate a few of your requests, now that the evenings are getting shorter and colder!

I also have a request of my own: would it be possible to have the Zucchini Bread recipe?

Thanks again for your hard work. I know it takes some effort to write up those recipes, but it's great to have everyone's feedback on them.
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 12:04:29 pm »
As promised, below is the index of recipes for the Canadian/US recipe book, which is called "Recipes for Easy Cooking With Thermomix" . Please let me know if anyone would like some of these recipes and I will be happy to pass along.

For all those Aussies out there, I understand there is a Lunch Box and After School Ideas cookbook - does anyone have that?

The ones which I would love, please Melissa, would be:

Banana sour cream coffee cake
5 minute fudge
swedish meatballs
chicken pot pie
BBQ dinner
stuffed zuchini

I haven't finished checking through the thread to see if anyone's already given you the After School Ideas index.  If not, I'll post it for you later.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 12:26:11 pm »
I've looked through the thread now - how did I miss it before  ???  I think that I've posted the UK contents list somewhere on the forum, but not sure where to be able to link to it here.  Does anyone remember?  Or am I just dreaming it?

Australian Lunchbox & After School Ideas

Thermo Fruit rolls http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=666.0
Popcorn Brunch Bars
LTMs (Little Thermomix Munchies) http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=528.0
Snickerdoodles
Sunshine Balls
Caramel slice
Dirt puddings
Basic muffin mix
Muffin variations - banana choc chip, spiced pumpkin, cheese
Pineapple and coconut cake
ice cream cup cakes http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=527.0
instant banana ice crea
pash n mango icy poles
crunchy rice crackers
corn chips (baked not fried)
melted cheese dip
ham and cheese muffins
tomato instant real noodle soup
piroshki baguette
herby chicken nuggets
hedgehog meatballs
pizza pockets

Some of these are already posted on the forum, so I've linked to  them.  Have I missed any, folks?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 12:27:28 pm »
Mr Spock, when you have the time I'd love:

Mustard leek
cheese fondue
Lentil Gammon
Dried Fruit Cake
Chocolate fudge

Please.

Offline dramktg

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 10:48:35 pm »
Bonjour, the French version "ΰ table avec Thermomix"  came with the unit that we acquired a few months ago. If we can be of help with the translations, please let us know. Best regards, Michel

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:23 am »
Merci beaucoup
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 11:04:34 am »
Bonjour, the French version "ΰ table avec Thermomix"  came with the unit that we acquired a few months ago. If we can be of help with the translations, please let us know. Best regards, Michel

What a lovely offer, thanks  :)

I wonder if you'd mind giving us the translation for the chocolate fudge recipe which is in the French book?

Offline dramktg

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 10:54:44 pm »
Bonjour Caroline, This would be the FONDANT AU CHOCOLAT on page 112
Thermomix : 7 minutes + Oven: 30 minutes
Ingredients: 250 g of chocolate / 150 g of sugar / 125 g of butter / 50 g of flour / 6 eggs / salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 C
2) Insert the butterfly in the bowl. Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt and set to 4 min at 37 C, speed 3.5. Put aside the aerated (en neige) egg whites in a salad dish and remove the butterfly.
3) Put the chocolate in pieces in the bowl and mix 10 sec at speed 9. Scrape the sides of the bowl with the spatula to make the cacao fall to the bottom.
4) Add the butter in pieces and mix 2 mn at 50 C, speed 2
5) Add the sugar and egg yolks and set to 30 sec at speed 4
Scape the sides of the bowl with the spatula and add the flour and set to 20 sec. at speed 4
6) Pour the mix in the salad bowl with the egg whites and mix delicately
7) Pour into an buttered oven baking dish,  22 cm in diameter and cook approx 30 mn at 180 C. The blade of a knife should come out moist but without any of the mix sticking to it.

You'll have to bear with me for some of the English cooking terminology.
Best regards,
Michel