Author Topic: tomato chilli jam  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
tomato chilli jam
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:51:24 am »
Hi All,

I'm after a tomato chilli jam thermomix recipe.  I have a recipe that I did convert once (with great difficulty), but I've lost the notes I made at the time (most likely my toddler ate them  :)).  I know that there is one with small quantities included with the lemon pancake recipe (from the lemon comp.), but I'm unsure if it is suitable for bottling (it just states to set aside to cool).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chelsea  :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: tomato chilli jam
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:48:25 am »
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:34:09 am »
Fine to bottle...sterilize jars before pouring in hot jam. Leave at room temperature and keep on turning the lids a little tighter each time you pass by. Eventually the lids will 'pop' and the vacuum will be complete. Try opening the jar (not too hard) once completely cold and you will find that if it has sealed properly, you won't be able to open it without effort! Store in pantry until use, then store remainder in fridge. ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 12:14:45 pm »
Thanks so much Tenina.  I am new to the world of jam making, so these tips are greatly appreciated. Will give it a go over the weekend.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:57:33 pm »
i have a great book that explains everything (i just convert to tmx) - a year in a bottle by sally wise. i got it for about $8 from one of thoes discount book sellers :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:09:08 pm »
Funny you should mention that - I heard Sally Wise speak on ABC radio a while ago (she is a fellow Tasweigan) and have been meaning to buy her book.  I will have to hunt around.
Thanks heaps for the reminder.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:42:32 am »
i have a great book that explains everything (i just convert to tmx) - a year in a bottle by sally wise. i got it for about $8 from one of thoes discount book sellers :)

lol we used to be one of those "discount book sellers" for many years....only time I miss books now is when I want a cookbook cheap  :P
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!