Author Topic: Hummos question  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Abbybs

• View Profile
Hummos question
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:24:58 pm »
Hi.  I am having my first Thermomix day.  I've made veg stock and now am about to make hummos.  I am following the recipe in the book that came with my machine.  The recipe calls for canned chickpeas/garbanzos but doesn't indicate whether they are to be drained.  I would assume drained but want to be sure.

Thanks in advance. 

vivacity

Re: Hummos question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »
I'd drain them! Have fun :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:17 am »
In my edition of the EDC it says to reserve 1/3 of the liquid to add back in with the other ingredients.  However, I have made a note to use 1/2 MC of water as this liquid is toxic (don't know where I got that information).  I also have 20g lemon juice crossed out and 40g added so maybe these changes came about when HO gave us a list of recipe amendments a while back.  If you are a new owner Abbybs, your recipe should read correctly.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:49:50 am »
I think it's toxic only because you don't want to be around anyone who has had it - if you get the 'drift'!!  ;) :D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:09:03 am »
Yes drain them Abbybs - the liquid is not toxic JD, escept if you do as Nay-nay says and get down wind  ;) :o :o
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.