Author Topic: What is going on on Facebook?  (Read 29749 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What is going on on Facebook?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 12:37:17 am »
Good on you Spector,
It's ridiculous really. I can't believe anyone would really worry about it. It's great to have others out there producing some great TM recipe books for all us TM owners to benefit from. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline spektor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:02 am »
Yes quite ridiculous really. Most companies encourage other companies that support their product, e.g Apple iPhones and all the covers etc from other companies, that Apple stock in their stores. They know it will enhance people's experiences.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 01:06:17 am »
I was just talking to DH about this. He strongly suggests that a couple of consultants/ people who have been spoken to directly regarding not 'liking', referring to, linking to, etc, should get together and send a lawyers letter to Aus HQ regarding the illegality of preventing free speech and using intimidation.  He suggests that a copy of the letter be sent to Vorwerk in Germany who would surely want to know about this.

I agree but the consultants could then kiss their job goodbye.

Surely having non-HO cookbooks would actually help Thermomix to sell more thermomixes, and get the word out more. At the couple of demos I went to some people weren't overly impressed on the cookbooks available, so knowing there are other options may sway them to buying a thermomix.

I downloaded Tenina's app before receiving my thermomix (I had gone to the app store looking for the Thermomix one after demonstrator recommended it ). When the demonstrator asked if I had download the TM app, I said no I didn't like the look of it but had downloaded Tenina's. I got a spell about how Tenina use to work for TM but then sold out for sponsorship and money. It didn't stop me from telling others about it at the demo I was at...

That consultant should keep her mouth shut as she has no idea. There is a perfect example  of HO spreading lies about Tenina. i applaud Tenina for striking out on her own. Nothing wrong with being talented and ambitious.  Why is it that some women cannot support other women?

Good on you spektor for supporting Tenina's app.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:06 am »
My consultant brought Tenina's 'Dinner Spinner' book to my Varoma demo, along with Alyce Alexandra's QFITT. Guess she won't be doing that anymore.....  ???. She became a consultant because she loves her TMX and loves playing with it, so she's open to anything that will help her do that, and I'm sure she's not the only one. Might put some people off becoming consultants.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 07:49:43 am »
omg im shocked!!  but i love a good bit of scandal!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 08:52:18 am »
Sold out?  Urrmm you dont leave a job for something worse so kind of normal tenina was looking for 'the next step' .. Lol
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 06:05:00 pm »
Yes quite ridiculous really. Most companies encourage other companies that support their product, e.g Apple iPhones and all the covers etc from other companies, that Apple stock in their stores. They know it will enhance people's experiences.

You are so right on.  Apple was doing very, very well but after  "releasing" the iPhone to Verizon, sales increased exponentially.   Also, although it isn't an Apple thing, the sales associates in the Verizon stores have (to me) been much more helpful and less "pushy" than the ones in the AT&T stores. 
I went to the AT&T store here in Lancaster before Verizon was carrying the iPhone and was pretty much given the brush off.  The young woman that I spoke to seemed very dismissive, in fact she suggested that the iPhone might be too complicated for someone my age to understand... 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
Oh andie How rude... I know a number of members of our older global community who have adapted extremely well to each and every new piece of tech that comes out during their lifetime.. I have found many are far more apt than others half their age.. Those that seek new tech...i find people like her very annoying ... Assuming people are a certain way and judging them..

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 09:47:33 pm »
When your hair is as grey as andi and mine you will experience it a lot. Too funny when the young ones think your are deaf and stupid. I just play really dumb  and really deaf  just to take the pi**.  Us oldies have to have some fun.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »
I'm a dedicated techie.  I've had computers since they first became available for homes.  I've had cell phones since the earliest (big clunky thing) were available, even with limited range and I got the first Motorola Flip Phone.

I'm not the only one who has had this experience at an AT&T store - one friend who went in specifically to get an iPhone became annoyed when the rep tried to push another brand of phone, telling her that the iPhone was having a lot of connection problems - which it did when it was first introduced because of the volume of people buying them, but this was two months later.
She finally left the store and only got an iPhone when Verizon began selling them.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:40 am »
Andie & Gretchen - don't these people realise who they are talking to  ???   Now if it was me in that store, that's another matter - I fit the image beautifully ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2012, 10:02:15 am »
Haha Jd your a lot more techie than you realise  :D  :-*

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 12:33:36 pm »
oh my i have missed out on some drama!! i have been away from the forum of late and can't believe what i missed. how incredibly ridiculous.. don't tm realise that people who hear about teninas recipes and haven't purchased one as yet, most likely will and they will have to buy them from tm hq!!
tenina you will continue to have my support, i am planning on getting your new cookbook and love dinner spinner.  i am glad that i am no longer a consultant i could not and would not take nicely to this kind of bullying and unfair treatment of such a talented and lovely lady.
Emma from Victoria

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »
I'm a dedicated techie.

Andie, stop right there. You are. What you don't know is not worth knowing.

When DH and I went to renew our phone contract recently, I had an iPhone. The phone consultant said anything was better than an iPhone. We both went to Motorola android upon the suggestion of the consultant. We are basically quite happy with that decision because we don't download any apps, so there is no real impact.

(but hello, I would download a TM app in a wink if I could, but I can't because they are all iRelated)

However, DH wants to upgrade his laptop cos he does FIFO and also has a business that he runs on the side. Needs to be able to type emails, and probably have the ability to watch a film/DVD whilst on a plane. JB HiFi have said an Asus tablet is the way to go as it also has a keyboard thingymejig, and not to go with the iPad. DS is a salesperson and says they are just saying that because they are paid on incentive to sell more of another brand. I only seem to hear a lot of positive things about the iPad or iThingys so would be interested to hear from other iCustomers.

(had to check what topic I was writing under after this essay, and its only relevant cos Facebook/computers is mentioned...!)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2012, 03:36:59 pm »
I have several i thingys lol but cant comment on a business perspective only a personal one.. I have found the possibilities are endless and all new apps etc are i thingy first then always others at a later date.. I hate waiting...since i have had apple products dont think i would bother going back to non apple but it depends on what your using them for..i would definately not listen to any sales people as like you said they have much better margins fir ske etc on non apple products and i know here they arent allowed to put any apples on promo etc or cut prices as they are fixed..  Part of their contract with stores apparently unless it comes from apple..

I find searching forums for comments from consumers much more beneficial information on a product than any sales person out their as its far more honest..