Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4477942 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15975 on: January 09, 2020, 08:30:25 pm »
I have recently (yesterday!) started using Bento boxes to freeze meals in (that’s the shopping part of this post!).  As DH eats the same meals as me but does not calorie count, his meals go into a larger sized box.  I have got a couple of different makes that I am experimenting with but I suspect the ones with two compartments and a lid seal will be best, the Indian style tiffin boxes may be cheaper, though – I haven’t got my hands on any yet.  I like the fact that you can pack the ‘main’ portion of the meal separately to the rest, whether it be rice, pasta, sauce, salad, etc. then when you are ready to eat the meal everything is there, ready to go. 
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: January 10, 2020, 11:53:09 am »
They sound a great idea Marina. There are a lot of different sorts around.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: January 10, 2020, 09:21:02 pm »
Cuilidh, you may not be interested in these as they are plastic, but they are cheap and I've had a pack for quite a while and use them a lot. Not overly large so may not suit a bigger sized portion but they work great for me when portioning meals, especially if I've made 4 serves and 2 maybe going in the freezer. Great for keeping things separate.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/687520/michelle-bridges-meal-prep-containers

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: January 11, 2020, 03:47:00 am »
Thanks, JulieO, they look great - unfortunately unavailable at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes open for them in a month or so and, with luck, they will be back in stock again.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: January 11, 2020, 05:10:04 am »
Looks like they are on sale at Big W if you have one near you.  Slightly different design but would still serve the purpose.  Only $7.50 for 5 at the mo.

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/mb-active-by-michelle-bridges-meal-prep-container-5-pack/p/580522/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: January 11, 2020, 06:27:21 pm »
Those ones are virtually identical and available!  I think I might give these a go and see what they are like - at that price you can't go wrong.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: January 13, 2020, 04:03:34 am »
I received a brochure listing this year’s mystery tours, day tours and longer trips away this morning from a bus tour company I joined in December.  Some mystery tours I’ll be going with a friend but we’ve both booked other tours that suit one and not the other. 

I booked 3 mystery day tours with my friend, a BBQ mystery tour on my own on Anzac Day and I’m on a wait list for a mystery BBQ trip on Australia Day (that one filled very quickly). Then there’s a Mannum cruise tour booked in April on my own. My gf has booked a 4 day trip, I can’t do that many nights away just yet. One maybe but they didn’t have any that short.  The trip on Anzac Day gets back to the city at 4pm and I have a 7.20 football match that night so I’ll stay in the city and go straight to the football.  There were lots of Mystery tour and longer tour dates but I had to work in with my gym outing group trips I’d already booked for the first 3 months of this year and I steered away from most gym days except 1.  Now I just have to stay well, so does Mum I guess!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: January 13, 2020, 06:23:22 am »
Good on you Judy. The Mannum cruise especially sounds brilliant. We bottomed out our caravan going on the ferry at Mannum.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: January 13, 2020, 07:10:25 am »
You are certainly planning well ahead, Judy, the trips all sound wonderful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: January 13, 2020, 09:45:23 am »
Hopefully I will stay well and the weather will be kind to us.  4 of us went on a day outing with this company before Christmas so this prompted 2 of us to join and therefore get a small discount on trips. It’s nice to sit back and be taken places where we wouldn’t drive ourselves.

It’s been decades since I’ve been to Mannum Chookie and I do enjoy boat cruises, they are so relaxing on the river.  You probably weren’t the only ones to bottom out going onto the ferry, I like  ferries too - they’re so quaint.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: January 13, 2020, 08:18:48 pm »
Your trips sound exciting Judy. 😁
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15986 on: January 13, 2020, 09:03:33 pm »
Go for it Judy.  You will enjoy all of them.  We did the week cruise with friends up the Murray from Mannum.   With the same friends, we are doing a 7 night Cruise on the Queen Elizabeth in a week or so.  We are not sure that Cruising is for us so this is to find out. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: January 14, 2020, 02:34:49 am »
That will be fantastic Chookie. My Dad went  on the QE1sometime during the war years. The Queen Mary too.
I have friends who go on cruises, and my brother does a lot of them. I'm not too sure. I think DH wouldn't like them, unless he could fix something for them.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: January 14, 2020, 02:53:44 am »
Cruises are just not for everyone cookie, but for those who love them they are the best holidays. I hope you and Ral enjoy yours Chookie and can’t wait to find out how it went.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15989 on: January 14, 2020, 03:02:50 am »
Cookie, we had a laugh at that.  RAL suggests that the Cruise companies should set up a men’s shed on board.