Author Topic: Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta  (Read 34351 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:24:13 am »
Name of Recipe: Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli pasta)

Number of People: not sure 2-3? Serves at least 4 or 8 as a side. JD

Ingredients:
50-100g parmesan
1200g water
500g spaghetti
80g olive oil
3 cloves garlic
2 red chillies (or to taste)
20g parsley
150g dry white wine
2 stock cubes or 2tbs vegie stock concentrate

Preparation:

Grate cheese for 10 secs on speed 9 - set aside
Insert butterfly, put in the water and heat for 11 mins on varoma speed 2 (or less if you use boiled water)
break spaghetti in half and put in the bowl cook for 10 mins at 100C,  :-: ^^
place 40g of oil into water to help spaghetti cook freely

strain spag after cooking and put to one side

Place garlic, chili, parsley into TM bowl chop for 5 secs on speed 7
Add 40g of oil, saute for 2mins, 100C speed 1
Add wine and stock and saute for 2mins at 100c on speed 1

Pour over spaghetti along with parmesan.

Note - I have some double smoked speck which I usually cube up and throw in as well, makes it quite tasty.

DONE!!

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

Taken from 2009 Thermomix Calendar, recipe provided to calendar by Josie Pinto

members' comments

Alina0210 - OMG I made this last night.. it was so quick and tasty. Really handy as I really couldn't be bothered cooking dinner.
DH really liked it... I added 3 chillies too. DH suggested some crispy bacon and pine nuts would be a nice addition to it too.

Karonjulie - This is the most yummiest meal around.  We have it once a week and its a no-fail recipe.   Sometimes on the way home I stop and get some Italian sausage and fry that up for about 3 mins on 100 degrees soft speed reverse and then commence the recipe as normal just to add something extra every now again.  Add the cooked sausage when doing the sauce mixture, after chopping the garlic etc.  Yuuummmm!!!

JD - I have to agree with the other posts, this is one hell of a pasta dish!  I couldn't believe it and would never have tried it in a pink fit if it were not for the comments on this site.  Something you can whip up in such a short time for unexpected visitors - I used  sambal oelek instead of the chillies.

I used some of the leftovers of this pasta today for lunch.  I mixed 2 cups pasta with 4 beaten eggs and made a lovely omelette for 2.  No need to add anything else as the flavours in the pasta are sufficient but guess you could add any leftover vegies or bits of ham but definitely no seasoning. Have enough pasta for another omelette but will freeze it for later.

Made this again for family and although the recipe says it serves 2-3?, as a side it would actually serve at least 8 people.  I had 5 of the 8 at the table who ate it and I have oodles of left overs.

Babymaker - Mmmm was delicious.

Snoozie - This is really yummy!  Can definitely see how the bacon and pine nuts will add to it.... will add that to the leftovers tomorrow!!!

rainbow - agree it is fantastic. I used the recipe from A taste of Vegetarian book.  Only DH and myself for tea so I halved all the ingredients but kept the water basically the same and kept the cooking times the same.  Used a nice white wine from Lindemans to put in the sauce and also to have with the pasta.  Beautiful.

Suzie G - Yum yum, substituted sweet chilli sauce for the chilli because I didn't have any.  Just a couple small glugs because I was feeding my little people. I halved the recipe, still made heaps. Also sautéed some diced bacon in a fry pan and added to the pasta.

Bedidassi - in Italy, with tmx, we actually cook the spaghetti already in the oil and garlic because in any other way you decide do process the pasta while the salsa cooks, the spaghetti, even for 3 minutes would became irreparably overcooked but, as you probably know,  we Italians are very fussy about overcooked pasta.
That's the way we do spaghetti aglio e olio: (for 4)
We put 3 garlic cloves into the bowl with dried chilly and (but not for the purists) some parsley: 5 sec. speed 6/7.
Then we pour 50 gr. of good olive oil and we cook for 5 min. 100' speed 1. We then add 750 gr. of water and we heat for 8/9 minutes 100' speed 1. At that point we  take away the lid and insert the spaghetti (whole) through the hole and then cook them for the time on the package at 100',  reverse, speed soft (I'm sorry I don't know how you call this speed in English, is the speed before 1)
Serve in a bowl with other 30 gr. of oil and a some grated (at the moment) Parmesan cheese  Kiss
Again, not to want to teach anything to anybody but just to let you know how we do it.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:43:46 am by judydawn »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 02:30:59 am »
Thanks, baf65

When making pasta dishes I like to make the sauce first and leave in Varoma while cooking the pasta - then the pasta is less likely to become overcooked.

That's my opinion only - I don't like placing in the Thermoserver etc as it seems to become too soft or clings together.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:29:21 am »
to be honest the sauce takes so little time to make that the pasta doesnt really have a chance to cool down!! I did put mine in the Thermoserver and it was fine, but yes a good idea about the varoma...do you just put it in a container in the varoma dish?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:43:13 am »
Yes, just a ceramic or plastic dish.  Anything that fits in the varoma.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 05:31:07 am »
OMG i made this last night.. it was so quick and tasty. Really handy as i really couldnt be bothered cooking dinner.

DH really liked it... i added 3 chillis too.

DH suggested some crispy bacon and pinenuts would be a nice addition to it too.

Offline Karonjulie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 12:05:29 pm »
This is the most yummiest meal around.  We have it once a week and its a no-fail recipe.   Sometimes on the way home I stop and get some Italian sausage and fry that up for about 3 mins on 100 degrees soft speed reverse and then commence the recipe as normal just to add something extra every now again.  Add the cooked sausage when doing the sauce mixture, after chopping the garlic etc.  Yuuummmm!!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 03:11:12 am »
I like your thinking - a simple yet VERY tasty modification - thanks
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 09:05:10 am »
We had a cooked lunch today so thought there was nothing to lose in offering DH his most unfavourite food for dinner! I have to agree with the other posts, this is one hell of a pasta dish!  I couldn't believe it and would never have tried it in a pink fit if it were not for the comments on this site.  Something you can whip up in such a short time for unexpected visitors - as usual used the sambal oelek instead of the chillies but that is because I have thrown so many chillies away that have just sat in my fridge and gone unused over the years that it is easier and more economical for me to use the paste.  Grow my own parsley so as I said, can whip this up in no time.  A big thank you to Josie Pino and then baf65 for posting this one.  My file of good recipes is growing by the day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 10:06:19 am »
We are having this again for dinner tonight....i have got some double smoked speck which i usually cube up and throw in as well, makes it quite tasty

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:45:09 pm »

- as usual used the sambal oelek instead of the chillies but that is because I have thrown so many chillies away that have just sat in my fridge and gone unused over the years that it is easier and more economical for me to use the paste. 

I make my own sabmal oelek for that reason - we have chillies given to us on occasions and sometimes I dry them and once made some sambal.  It was the HOTTEST that I had ever tasted.  Needless to say it lasted for ages.

Drying is a good alternative if you have lots.  You could use some dried, chopped chilli in this recipe.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:40 am »
I used some of the leftovers of this pasta today for lunch.  I mixed 2 cups pasta with 4 beaten eggs and made a lovely omelette for 2.  No need to add anything else as the flavours in the pasta are sufficient but guess you could add any leftover vegies or bits of ham but definitely no seasoning. Have enough pasta for another omelette but will freeze it for later.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 08:07:44 am »
Made this today for family and although the recipe says it serves 2-3?, as a side it would actually serve at least 8 people.  I had 5 of the 8 at the table who ate it and I have oodles of left overs.

Offline Babymaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:27 am »
Mmmm was delicious :-*
Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~Harriet van Horne

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:38 am »
I must be daft... where does it say how much water to put in?  LOL I put 800gr so fingers crossed that's enough!!! 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 11:09:44 am »
It doesn't say Snoozie - I put 1200mls in.  I went by what the instructions were for cooking dry pasta in the EDC.