Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 493599 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1410 on: September 24, 2013, 01:15:28 pm »
Going well Rob!

I don't have a hankering for Coke, fortunately. To me, it's poison. My DH loves it, so it's in the fridge. I've substituted much of the white sugar in my diet with rapidura, coconut sugar, maple syrup or dates. Much slower release carbs and so much better for you. You can find some great recipes and info for Thermie lovers on Quirky Jo's blog.

I'm on maintenance with Herbalife now as I've lost my 10kg over the last 4 months. I have a Herbalife smoothie once a day about 4 times a week. Still keep up with the supplements, especially the Tang Kuei, that's fantastic for stress! (I'm studying at the moment)

The weather has been foul lately, so I haven't been able to go outside to exercise. Dan would appreciate that. We've had high winds and drizzle for days on end, so unusual for this time of year.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1411 on: September 25, 2013, 08:39:00 pm »
Total Lost so far: 4.7kg (started 87.6)

2013/09/25 -- 82.9kg -- -0.1kg
2013/09/18 -- 83.0kg -- -0.2kg
2013/09/11 -- 83.2kg -- -0.7kg

Again a week of flitting between 82.8 and 83.1, and to quote myself "I'd probably have been a little lower today had I not gone to bed at 1:30am and only got 5 hours sleep. Still, annoying considering the 1k calorie deficit." (I again only went to bed at 1am last night and to sleep after 1:30am). I'm willing to bet my body has a lower metabolism than Fitbit is projecting as I'm hitting my 1k deficit virtually every day (2 days at -300 to -500)

TrendWeight.com says I'm at 83.3kg (down .4kg from last week) and only eating at a 500 calorie deficit.

I don't have a hankering for Coke, fortunately. To me, it's poison. My DH loves it, so it's in the fridge. I've substituted much of the white sugar in my diet with rapidura, coconut sugar, maple syrup or dates. Much slower release carbs and so much better for you. You can find some great recipes and info for Thermie lovers on Quirky Jo's blog.

I'm on maintenance with Herbalife now as I've lost my 10kg over the last 4 months. I have a Herbalife smoothie once a day about 4 times a week. Still keep up with the supplements, especially the Tang Kuei, that's fantastic for stress! (I'm studying at the moment)

The weather has been foul lately, so I haven't been able to go outside to exercise. Dan would appreciate that. We've had high winds and drizzle for days on end, so unusual for this time of year.

Hi Megan, I think of it now as poison too given how it makes me feel after drinking it the first time in a day, doesn't affect me the second time. I hate where I am left feeling like I must go out and get a coke, something I am currently struggling with this as I type this. I'll have a look at Quirky Jo's site in a mo.

Congrats on losing the 10kg in 4 months! Not heard of Herbalife or Tang Kuei, my wife was/is using Juice Plus for supplements and their shakes for weightloss though thats kind of on hold now. [Apparently the missus has heard of Herbalife and says its similar to Juice Plus]

Our weather is also turning foul, lots of drizzle which gets you really quite wet when out walking and its cooling down quickly :/
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net