Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036307 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26280 on: June 20, 2022, 08:42:11 pm »
Happy belated birthday, Margaret, sounds like it was a totally memorable weekend!  Is Mack Robert your first great grandchild?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26281 on: June 21, 2022, 01:57:06 am »
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes.  Yes Marina Mack is our first great grandchild.  It will be another 2 weeks before we get to meet him.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26282 on: June 21, 2022, 06:50:45 am »
Well vet visit Tommy the mother kitten had her stitches out . Fluffy was back as had pulled stitches out .. now two staples in place . Hope this works . Five cats in the waiting area a very very large dog . How to waste another day . Bonus now Tommy can run around outside so pleased . I rearrange Fluffy’s dog run , no sharp edges flat bedding , smaller water container , all in the hope that nothing can harm her tummy. But we think it is all her , cone collar Adjusted with a large red binding tie . How can cats cause so much trouble. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26283 on: June 21, 2022, 10:55:07 am »
DD and I went out to coffee and then to Costco.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26284 on: June 23, 2022, 01:46:45 pm »
Plans never go to plan . The other night MIL had a small fall ( again ) 12.30 pm she managed to call my DH . All good other than her pride . DH and I tagged the am shift so MIL could have a shower or a person around while she was doing so . Just to be sure . DH spent yesterday morning with DNurse organising safety rail etc . It’s all fine .
Just about to head off to hit the big smoke for the new crown . Dentist rang to say it was not ready . Next week now . After spending half the week organising DH to collect DS for end of term late hockey game all Friday arvo evening. Fluffy the kittten is ok , the others are playing sleeping and dare I say catching small gray friends and bugs !

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26285 on: June 24, 2022, 07:02:20 am »
Plans never go to plan . The other night MIL had a small fall ( again ) 12.30 pm she managed to call my DH . All good other than her pride . DH and I tagged the am shift so MIL could have a shower or a person around while she was doing so . Just to be sure . DH spent yesterday morning with DNurse organising safety rail etc . It’s all fine .
Just about to head off to hit the big smoke for the new crown . Dentist rang to say it was not ready . Next week now . After spending half the week organising DH to collect DS for end of term late hockey game all Friday arvo evening. Fluffy the kittten is ok , the others are playing sleeping and dare I say catching small gray friends and bugs !

Katie, I hope your MIL is not too shaken up after her fall.  Safety rails etc are a good idea for older people.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26286 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:20 pm »
MIL ok just shaken up , but wanting my DH to be there when showering, times are changing .
Sheep out in neighbours paddock!! DH spent two days trying to get the back . I ended up doing the end of term collection , followed by 3 hour wait till hockey started , takeaway gourmet pizzas . Eaten on the way home , halfway DS drove I had mine . All home at the same time emptying full car luggage and food shop, washing in , boys did the wood collection and I feed the kittens . Thankfully no cooking dinner . Hot shower for crazy teen in shorts . So cold at hockey I started shivering.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: June 25, 2022, 12:13:34 pm »
Your poor MIL KAtie. It is so very easy to have a fall as we age.

I popped across the way this morning. The couple that live there are lovely. He has been recently diagnosed with osopheagal cancer and it has spread everywhere. He has come home for a few days but things are really bad. DH has said he will do their lawn. He will soon be doing the entire street. 😀😀😀😀😀 our next door neighbour is very unwell too.

We have a car run tomorrow.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26288 on: June 25, 2022, 02:05:56 pm »
Yes Cookie it seems to becoming a more regular thing ,but loosing her confidence each time . I’m a bit of a meany and tell her how well she is and positive actions to do .
Boys out fencing, home for food . Had some phone chats to a couple of girlfriends today , was great to catch up .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26289 on: June 28, 2022, 05:03:34 am »
I had a lovely afternoon out yesterday.  DD came and took me to meet our new great grandson.  What a cute little bundle of joy and such a good little baby, he slept in my arms for most of the afternoon.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26290 on: June 28, 2022, 08:08:04 am »
I'm sure neither of you complained about that Mab.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26291 on: June 28, 2022, 09:53:10 am »
How lovely to have had such a long hold of bubby.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26292 on: June 30, 2022, 06:25:47 am »
My brother and his wife came over this morning. I really feel for her as her Parkinson's is progressing.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26293 on: June 30, 2022, 12:48:23 pm »
Mab great to hold GC lucky you .
Days are a blur at the moment . Crown done and now have to have another one ,bonus saw DD and went out to dinner might of had a cocktail and truffle pasta very nice  . We all have comedown with a cold boys are unwell ( not Covid )  , but still out there working . Fencing contractors arrived too . DS Rist teacher came out to farm to do work with DS . Did a bit of tidy up in the garden , two wheeler barrels loads of wood done . Tomorrow fluffy vet trip to have stitches and staples out ,she will be please to terrorise the others and run around again . 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:19:30 am by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26294 on: July 01, 2022, 01:27:04 pm »
DH went with the guy he is building the racer with, to check it out on the road. They had to go bush  to do it-on a back road. It went very well they said.