Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036973 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1455 on: July 31, 2012, 01:41:39 am »
Oh man, I would never try and get on a treadmill while it was going, unless it was going extremely slowly.

Check this out
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 31, 2012, 01:45:21 am »
Dash my sister did the marine corps marathon in DC last year - that was really what got her interested in travelling around the world for them, she met some great people and had a wonderful run. This year she has done the great wall in china, perth, gold coast (i think this is already past), will try Brisbane this weekend and then off to Peru and Antarctica at the end of the year and she is thinking of booking for the New York with a guaranteed entry through the company she books with. I've been doing the intervals and tempo runs to get my speed up and I've increased the speed quite a bit  and now know I could push myself to get a bit higher but I'm really only interested in doing the running to keep fit and find it quite boring, so definitely won't be joining her in a marathon or even a half. I'm happy to stick with a combination of different types of training in the limited time I have each week so will just stick with either 5km or 10km distances.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 31, 2012, 01:53:21 am »
Amy, I hope your knees are OK. Treadmills can be very dangerous if you loose your concentration. I couldn't imagine getting off and leaving it running or hoping on while it's still running - very silly.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 31, 2012, 02:23:36 am »
Treadmills are very dangerous in home gyms too with toddlers around  >:(
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 31, 2012, 05:06:43 am »
Feeling a bit sorry for myself because I went to the dentist for a clean & polish (which I HATE) and was told I need to come back for 3 fillings! That'll teach me for not flossing 😞. Also did shopping, washing, a bit of cleaning & now I'm going to attempt to sort out the freezer before school pickup.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 31, 2012, 05:09:45 am »
Dentists are so over priced.  I am just playing around till I get my back fixed at 3.  :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 31, 2012, 05:20:13 am »
Had my hair cut, a trip to the kitchen shop and then home. It is pouring here at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 31, 2012, 05:24:56 am »
Reading all about the dinosaurs to grandson and wondered why he had stopped asking questions - I managed to untangle myself from his cuddling stance and am now enjoying a cup of coffee whilst he sleeps.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:18:10 am by judydawn »

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 31, 2012, 05:51:14 am »
Awwww that's so cute Judy!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 31, 2012, 06:02:45 am »
Amy, I hope your knees are OK. Treadmills can be very dangerous if you loose your concentration.

Thanks Wonder, I will definitely be paying more attention to where my feet are going from now on! My knees are very stiff and sore today, I didn't sleep well because they were so painful, and the kneecap on my right knee feels like its not quite it its proper place :-X

I hope nobody minds, but I took a couple of photos and was wondering if any of the wonderful medical people on here could advise me on how I should be treating my knees? At the moment I just have savlon and some bandages on them.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 31, 2012, 06:12:32 am »
Awwww that's so cute Judy!

Certainly is deedub, this is the first sleep he's had whilst here since he became a 'big boy' when he was about 3  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 31, 2012, 06:14:21 am »
Doesn't look good Amy, someone will give you good advice.  The only advice I have would be to stay off the treadmill  ;)

*suzanne*

« Reply #1467 on: July 31, 2012, 06:15:23 am »
Ouch Amy you poor thing, I have  no real advice but I hope they heal quickly for you xx

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 31, 2012, 06:19:12 am »
Thanks Judy and Suzanne, I'm hoping mcmich or Gert will be on soon. My knees are hurting a lot and I think I'm probably past my limit of panadol :-[

The only advice I have would be to stay off the treadmill  ;)

That is good advice Judy, I think I might just run on the footpath for a while :) When my knees get better obviously :-))

*suzanne*

« Reply #1469 on: July 31, 2012, 06:23:52 am »
When my eldest  daughter burnt her forearm  it looked a lot like your knees and the doctor put some sort of dressing on it, it's not a band aid but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called it's white with holes in it and comes in a roll and it's breathable, hopefully those more experienced will help more
That was probably a useless post wasn't it  :)