Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036281 times)

jakodai

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #855 on: July 10, 2012, 01:14:46 pm »
It's a beautiful photo Amy, and my thoughts really are with you at this very difficult time. 'They' say it's easier when you know it's coming, but I think that's rubbish - its so much harder when you know. But maybe that's just me - I focus too much on what's coming and miss out on the opportunities to spend time with them that I have.

My day today has NOT gone anything close to plan. DS woke up this morning quite lethargic, then wanted to go to back to bed and slept for an hour and a half. When he woke up he was very fussy(not like him at all) and lethargic again and had a high temperature so I took him to the hospital (he's dr was booked out) and he threw up in the taxi. He's been on antibiotics for nearly 2 weeks, and a nasty cough for nearly 3 months, so the tiredness, fussy was & high-temperature had me worried. They think he's caught a virus on top of the infection he has, so they gave him something to stop the vomiting & observed him for a couple of hours to make sure the vomiting stopped and sent us home. He's still not well, but no more vomiting, so that's a plus.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 10, 2012, 01:35:41 pm »
Amy that's a beautiful photo and one I'm sure you will treasure in the coming months and years. Having just lost my brother last week I know how you are feeling and I send you big hugs. Look after yourself.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:23 pm »
 jakodal  thats not good that your son is feeling so ill
l am glad that he has stopped vomitting  and are hoping that he will be feeling better soon

South West WA AUSTRALIA

jakodai

« Reply #858 on: July 10, 2012, 02:10:50 pm »
Thanks Nazar, so am I! It's been a long 12 months, and I'm really hoping that things turn around once he has the surgery. I know kids get sick, but he's sick all the time. Over the last 12 months he's been sick more often than he's been well. When does he get a chance to do normal kid things?

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #859 on: July 10, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »
My thoughts are with you Amy. I didn't know my grandparents as they died before I was born except for my Dad's dad and I was only about 5 when he died. My children have been lucky enough to have my DH's parents around when they were growing up. We only have their Pop now and he's a spritely young chicken at 79, fit as a Mallee Bull.

jakodai, hope you can put your little one's illness behind you soon.

My day was a busy one with a Demo in a town 60km away. It was a Delivery Demo and fun, but no sale. Never mind, I just don't think I was cut out for selling stuff (except the stuff that I make, of course!).
I have another Demo in town again on Thursday. DH is getting a bit narky about the travel, fuel costs, food costs and no sales, so not sure how long I'll last as a consultant if this keeps up!

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 10, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »
Amy, I'll keep you and your grandpa in my prayers and thoughts.

Jakodai, sorry to hear about your son.  I hope he's feeling better soon.

MJ hang in  there.  It's early days yet.

Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

mcmich

« Reply #861 on: July 10, 2012, 02:48:06 pm »
Take care Amy and Jakodai.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 10, 2012, 02:49:20 pm »
I agree with Merrilyn,hang in there MJ.You are so knowledgeable about the TM that you are a perfect demonstrator. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:18 pm »
Amy after seeing my dad deteriorate I know how hard it is to see your loved ones suffer. Big hugs. This year has not been a good one for me. In feb I lost my best mate and then in March I lost my dad. Sometimes life is just too hard.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:30 pm »
Thanks everyone :) Apparently grandpa was very miserable after we left the hospital last night :( I'd just wanted to stay with him but he was very tired.
Amanda, I hope your son gets better soon. Poor boy :(

Amy after seeing my dad deteriorate I know how hard it is to see your loved ones suffer. Big hugs. This year has not been a good one for me. In feb I lost my best mate and then in March I lost my dad. Sometimes life is just too hard.

DG, I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you :'(

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 10, 2012, 11:47:31 pm »
Jakodai, your poor ds, I am so sorry he gets sick so much.

DG, i agree life is not fair & its hard at times, but everything we go through makes us stronger & more compassionate to others.

Amy,  hugs to all of you.

Xx
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 10, 2012, 11:48:51 pm »
Thanks Amy. Last week was a bad week. Dads ashes and plaque are now at the cemetery. DS and I went to visit and I had a major breakdown.
Sunday I cleaned out my buffet and saw some lovely tea light candle holders my best mate bought me about 12 years ago. Also saw a lovely little clock dad bought me for my 25th birthday. Both are behind glass and treasured dearly.
Dad made a memory box for DS and when he is upset he can have a look at it and remember all the good times he had with his dearly loved pop.

My thoughts and prayers are with you x
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:31 am »
What a beautiful photo Amy, one you will treasure for ever. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:14 am »
Dad made a memory box for DS and when he is upset he can have a look at it and remember all the good times he had with his dearly loved pop.

My thoughts and prayers are with you x

Grandpa's must be good at making things. I have a little jarrah cupboard by my bedside that my grandpa made for me, and he also made us a bookcase and a couple of coffee tables.
I'm glad DS has his memory box :)

:-* :-* :-*

Thanks Robyn, I have just put the photo as my computer desktop background so I will see grandpa everyday ;)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 11, 2012, 01:57:51 am »
Amy, here is something to cheer you up!
I am making some pull apart loaves for lunch today. I picked some rainbow chard from the garden, washed it well (?) and sautéed it in the pan. I took the lid of and guess what I found?

A lovely steamed caterpillar! LOL
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous