Author Topic: Hooray! I am now a TM owner!  (Read 4976 times)

Offline tarosuma

• View Profile
Hooray! I am now a TM owner!
« on: July 24, 2010, 05:08:18 am »
Hello everybody!  Well at last I am about to join in with the TM fun!  Mine arrives in a few days!  I am SO excited yet a little bit nervous too.  I have deliberated and researched and read this forum over and over again.  And then deliberated some more! And then read some more!  I was getting a bit tired of it all after 6 months of dreaming about TMs so I thought I'd just do it!
I am passionate about healthy eating and whole foods.  I just LOVE Jude Blereaus books on whole food cooking so I was even more keen to get a TM when I found out she loves them too!  I am a little bit nervous that I won't be able to find enough fun recipes to try out as we don't eat any sugar (though we do used limited amounts of unrefined sweeteners) and not much grains.  (no refined grains at all)  But I am looking forward to using the TM to try and make my childrens diet more varied and interesting while still using wholesome ingredients.
Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Hooray! I am now a TM owner!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 05:26:02 am »
Hi Tarosuma
Sounds like you're very excited, and so you should be.  You're about to start a big adventure.

What unrefined sweeteners and unrefined grains do you (and the children) enjoy?  There are lot's of families eliminating/reducing their use of processed food through the Thermomix, so you're in good company.

Hope you can find recipes you like, and can perhaps share some soon.
Cathy
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 09:57:03 am »
Welcome Tarosuma. It will be a hard wait for you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:24:40 pm »
Hi Tarosuma. Welcome.  I am sure that in no time you will be cooking up a healthy storm and be wondering what you did without your TM and berating yourself for waiting so long  ;D ;D ;D.  I did the exact same thing  - 6mths+ it took me  - and I am totally hooked.  Plenty of yummy gluten, naturally sweetened recipes to find.  Check out quirkycooking.blogspot.com/ as she has lots of interesting gluten/dairy free recipes.  She mostly uses rapadura, honey and maple syrup as sweeteners. Try the 'chocolate' truffles (in the kids section) for a yummy, fun,  grain/sugar free recipe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:32:23 pm »
Hi Tarosuma, welcome to the forum. Glad you finally took the plunge and purchased.  Have fun and I hope you find recipes suitable for your family from likewise members on this forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 01:06:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum Tarosuma.There are wonderful members here on the forum who will help you with recipes if you are nervous when your TM arrives.Have fun cooking.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 03:28:25 pm »
Welcome tarosuma. Hope you enjoy your TMX
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 09:19:12 am »
Welcome to the forum. And im sure you will have plenty of fun using the TM  :)

I dont think you have to worry about recipes without sugar and in general healthy recipes there are tons of recipes for the TM and when you have used it for some you will know the posibilities and lots of recipes can be adapted to the TM easily.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 02:59:56 am »
Welcome.  Sounds like you are sure to have loads of fun.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »
Welcome! You'll love how easy it is to prepare healthy foods in your new Thermomix!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 02:42:11 pm »
Welcome from me too - I am a big Jude Blereau fan, have done lots of courses with her, she is wonderful! I love the ease of making whole foods in the TM. Don't know what I would do without it. We try not to eat much grain here either but to be honest, once you have tried the hot cross(less) bun recipe.....its tough. Same with the buttermilk scones. Sigh. I am just getting rounder and rounder.

cheers
cottchick

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 11:37:34 pm »
Welcome to the TMX 'revolution' - you are presently enduring the worst  - the waiting, but this forum certainly helps fill the void and your head with so much informayion.

Cheers

Robyn  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 02:32:16 am »
welcome and i look forward to your healthy eatting recipe posts.