Author Topic: vindaloo help  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Sig

• View Profile
vindaloo help
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:17:16 am »
I made the lamb vindaloo from indian cookbook. It taste great the sauce and all that but the lamb was quite chewy.
It suggest to cook in oven with water for 2 hours if this happens!!!!???? what if I dont have 2 hours I have a hungry brood waiting for their tea NOW! LOL

Do you cook it in the pan or in the thermo....any tricks. Love this recipe but need to find out why the meat is tough?
Thanks

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
Re: vindaloo help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:37 am »
Hi Sig, I don't have the book you are referring to, but it could be due to the cut of lamb they are suggesting you use, some cuts of meat require long slow cooking, which I guess this cut of meat requires, maybe try using chicken instead. Good luck,

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:40:46 am »
probably the  reason. If you don't know which cut to buy ask your butcher, even supermarket butchers are happy to show you the best cut for what you are planning to cook. Cheapest cuts are always the best for long slow cooking so don't be afraid to ask.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 08:29:40 am »
Sig I must admit I've always been sceptical of cooking meat in the TMX, its not like a slow cooker where it has hours to become tender. I start off in the TMX then finish in the oven or on the stove (I give myself plenty of time though).

Good luck