Author Topic: Creamy Chocolate Pudding  (Read 39425 times)

Offline isi

• View Profile
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
« on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:56 am »
Hello :)

I do not know if you have those Creamy Chocolate Puddings with a cape of cream that are sold in the Supermarket at the Yoghurt section.
Oh I love this Puddings - creamy and strong at flavor----
After much experience I think I got a very similar and the best so much healthy then the other one from the supermarket ;)

Here goes:

Creamy Chocolate Pudding

Number of persons: 6-8

Ingredients:
560 ml  whole milk
6 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tbsp corn starch
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
125 g dark chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation:
Place in the TMX  2 cups milk (leave a litle bit from the total behind!) , sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Program -  8 minutes / 90 ° / speed 3.
Meanwhile in a bowl mix the remaining milk with egg and egg yolks.
Select 2 and ½  minutes / 80º / speed 3   and pour the egg mixture by the cup lid.
After this time add the chocolate in pieces, butter and vanilla in the cup and wait 1 minute.
Now program 1 min. / 80 º / speed 3.
Put in Glasses or Ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours at least..........
Mhhhhhhhhhhh     -  DELICIOUS

Members' comments
JulieO - Such an easy recipe to make and I used good Lindt 70% dark cooking chocolate.  I made into 4 servings, but I think it best to split into 6 as it is quite a rich dessert, but if you love chocolate you will really like it.  It wasn't sickly, just a smaller serving would have been better (IMO anyway-DH finished off mine so he obviously didn't mind the larger serves.) Another great little recipe isi.

Zan -  OMG this is so easy and so yummy! Will def be a regular in our house. (Oh and used milk chocolate rather than dark as that was what needed using up).

CC - This is a really great dessert, my family enjoyed every spoonful.Thank you Isi.

jezzamiff - These are SO good - they taste just like the posh ones from the supermarket that are about $4 per serve and so bad for you. DH ate 3 of these in a row!

joynatalie - Sadly I had no dark chocolate but did find a bar of aldi milk chocolate with hazelnuts belonging to kids who were at school!! I used that and it seems to be a hit and eventually I will be forgiven for raiding their stash!   I am so sick of paying so much for the supermarket pudding and rice puddings I am now making my own. Sadly I don't like bought ones but I do love the home made ones! Taste is great but not firming up.  No idea why it failed but very frustrating kids eating it anyway.

chocymoose - Yum, was so delicious I was a bit naughty and ate 5 of the 6 servings. I used lindt milk chocolate and it ended up tasting a bit like yogo or chocolate paddle pops. Yummy, might try dark chocolate next time. Also found it quite sweet, but I suppose you're not supposed to be eating it in such large volumes. Had the consistency of a thick custard.

Uni - Setting in the fridge now. I am not a fan of dark chocolate but DH is, I was very tempted to use nutella instead, maybe next time. Update, DH gave it 5/5.

fabulous1 - These look soooo fab... made them this morning - but oh no!!! They haven't set!!! I didn't have full cream milk, only light, do you think that would make the difference?  Kids really loving it anyway, poured over ice cream, thanks for the recipe.

berringamababe - Yum yum yum I just made this into a chocolate/vanilla slice :
I lined a lamington tray with milk coffee biscuits dipped in a mixture of 2 tsp coffee and 1 cup water, topped the biscuits with the chocolate mixture (I added extra cornflour) then a second layer of biscuits topped with custard from the EDC book a third layer  of biscuits topped with melted chocolate - setting in the fridge now.

ES - Ooh, Yumm!
I made this today with (Haighs) dark chocolate and poured it into 6 bowls. We had it for dessert this evening topped with a strawberry, and it was delicious. My DH doesn't often eat dessert, but he ate this.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:56:52 pm by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Creamy Chocolate Pudding
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:05:59 am »
Isi, they look lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:52:08 am »
Isi,  thanks for this chocolate recipe,  my family LOVE chocolate,  and I love a pud.  that can be made ahead.  Thanks also for the good description and pictures.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:56:37 am »
You are a modern marvel Isi - thanks for another yummy recipe.  :-* :-*
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:05:02 am »
Having my dtr's boyfriend staying with us for a few days, I thought I'd make this to have after dinner.  I wasn't in the mood for spending too much time on dessert so this seemed a good one to make.

Such an easy recipe to make and I used good Lindt 70% dark cooking chocolate.  I made into 4 servings, but I think it best to split into 6 as it is quite a rich dessert, but if you love chocolate you will really like it.  It wasn't sickly, just a smaller serving would have been better (IMO anyway-DH finished off mine so he obviously didn't mind the larger serves  ;D).

Another great little recipe isi, keep 'em coming.  :D

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 01:47:52 pm »
Ooooh, JulieO, the darkness of that chocolate pudding looks divine - I'm drooling!!!  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »
They look divine!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:26:08 pm »
What a beautiful photo Julie.

Isi this recipe looks delicious. It's so lovely to have you back.  :)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 02:41:10 pm »
OMG can someone come to my house and make this now!!!!
(nope will ignore this thread, I don't need it.)

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:22 pm »
Thank you my dears! :) :) :)

This pudding is really for chocolate lovers as it is very strong in flavor!

Julie yours look ........ mhhhhhhhhhhhhh Devine :o

wish you a nice weekend :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 01:27:25 am »
Thankyou Isi and girls.  ;D

Isi, your recipes are so easy I love trying them.  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:10:28 am »
DD found a block of Lindt in the pantry this morning and informed me that it was out of date. I'll make these tonight and I'm sure she will tuck in. :P :P :P
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 11:55:26 am »
I had a chocolate craving last night and searched my pantry high and low Cookie - not a thing to be found except dark cooking chocolate and I gave that a miss.  The feeling has passed thank goodness.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 06:49:53 am »
I'm feeling glad there's no dark chocolate hiding in my house. Yum. Thanks Isi!
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 11:14:57 am »
Good work Isi and Julie O - I love chocolate mousse/puddings like these.  Deeeeelicious indeed Isi  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.