Author Topic: hcg diet  (Read 16804 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
hcg diet
« on: July 28, 2012, 05:16:05 pm »
i just came across this recently and im thinking about trying it but find the drops etc or kit is expensive and wanted to hear if anyone has tried this and how they are going..im a bit sceptical...its cindy omearas 4 phase fat elimination hcg diet...

so has anyone tried this or is currently on it as id be interested on any feedback...i usually stay away from these kind of things but maybe this is the boost i need to finally lose weight ive had since my pregnancies..ahhhh

;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: hcg diet
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:56 pm »
Frozzie I had never heard of HCG diet before until now and googled some info and found this.
It sounds like a extremely low calorie diet that you would definitely loose weight on, but what happens when you go back to regular calorie diet?

Question

HCG diet: Is it safe and effective?
Does the HCG diet work — and is it safe?

Answer
from Jennifer K. Nelson, R.D., L.D.

No on both counts. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has advised consumers to steer clear of over-the-counter weight-loss products that contain HCG.

HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced during pregnancy. As a prescription medication, HCG is used mainly to treat fertility issues. HCG is not approved for over-the-counter use, nor has it been proved to work for weight loss. Companies that sell over-the-counter HCG weight-loss products are breaking the law.

So why has there been so much talk about the HCG diet? Perhaps it's because the diet recommends severe calorie restriction — typically just 500 to 800 calories a day. People who follow such a very low calorie diet are likely to lose weight, at least in the short term. However, that level of calorie restriction has risks, such as gallstone formation, irregular heartbeat, and an imbalance of the electrolytes that keep the body's muscles and nerves functioning properly.

If weight loss is your goal, there are safer ways to lose weight. Talk with your doctor or other health care provider about how to make healthy changes that lead to permanent weight loss, such as eating a balanced diet and getting regular exercise.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »
My sister and her partner did it.  They were happy apparently. I am fat but I'm not doing it. They seemed to have extremely loose skin/flesh afterwards that I personally find way less attractive than alternatives. I was also put off by their (IMHO) 'hyper-focus' on their weight and the numbers etc. having said that I'm far, she's not, and maybe I should have a greater focus on my weight and my 'numbers' (no of kilos).
IMHO if it sounds too good to be true... Etc etc
HTH
Gillian

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
if i ever went on a diet it would be  Scarsdale Medical Diet
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 10:22:26 pm »
Never heard of this diet.

But when I was on fertility treatment I  was on a lot of medication & it made me gain weight, plus the medication gave me huge mood swings.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »
Cindys program doesnt seem to be nearly as severe as other versions of this diet..the thing that attracted me was the drops...says they help eliminate stubborn fat...the price tag put me off..I buy alot of homeopathic drops and mixtures and not one has cost me anywhere that much.. Cindy has done it herself and unlike other diets your only on a strict eating plan fir 3 weeks apparently then they reintroduce natural sugars and carbs etc?? Plus all her stuff is supposedly organic... As ive mentioned previously i hate diets but was curious about this one..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:14 pm »
All diets are hard, some work for you, and not the next person.

I was never meant to be tiny, have a bigger build, and will always be vertically challenged.
The best diet I ever did for 3 months was Bodytrim..

Its doable, and I lost 12 kilos in 12 weeks. :)

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15:03 am »
hey fozzie i have done this diet ... and my natropath said no more the 30 days on the drops ... then you have the same in equal time off ... so if you do the drops for 20 days ... then you rest for 20 days ... i did 28 days  and lost 10 kgs and you are not hungry at all i actually had to remind myself to eat ..... i also took a liver cleansing tablet too.
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:31 am »
Froizzle, I did Cyndi O'Meara's HCG diet. I have to say I lose weight a lot slower then the minimum 300g per day, prob due to meds I am on. With the drops you are not hungry, but have to be motivated to keep going. I did two rounds (first one for 45 days) and second one for three weeks.

I am sitting on 69 to 70 kgs and am very happy with that - around an 8 kgs loss.Haven't been this weight for about 20years  ;D I am thinking of doing a third round - have to leave it for a few months to lose the last 5 kilos.

Cyndi has a large focus on when you reintroduce foods to take it slowly and check if you have any inflammatory responses to foods. The diet is strict, but the whole principle is regaining health. Alot of people doing this protocol become evangilical about this diet, as they discover which foods cause unpleasant ill  health and what is safe to eat. And they also lose heaps of weight.

Well worth a look into.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:47:04 am »
IMHO (and also backed up by research)...

Diets don't work. They are not effective for long term weight loss. They do more harm to the body than good.

Froz, if you really want to lose weight, I would suggest you talk to a doctor or a dietician and get some proper advice that will be right for you.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 12:59:32 am »
Yes Amy, I agree. :)

Its a lifestyle change, not a diet.

For me, when you come off the "diet", and go back top normal, I put the weight back on.

So i don't do any diets now, everything in moderation is good. Last diet I did was BT 5 years ago.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 01:03:45 am »
I am with you guys, look at Oprah shes always loosing heaps, then bless her puts it back on plus more.

The key is lifestyle changes, eating & exercise.

One thing I find is good, eat small meals but eat regularly, your body can handle & burn smaller amounts than huge meals.

Find 30 as the ads say, dont diet, enjy life & cutback where you can.

:)

Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 07:51:07 am »
Well it has my interest now. I am going to look into it further.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 08:23:32 am »
Does this diet encourage exercise? From what I can see it doesn't but I haven't looked into it much. If you aren't prepared to move more any  lost weight will come back once you are eating normally again.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 08:26:26 am »
I didn't see any mention of exercise when I looked into it Wonder :-))