Author Topic: Evernote vs. Living Cookbook  (Read 20538 times)

Bonsai

Re: Evernote vs. Living Cookbook
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 02:27:51 am »
You could print recipes as PDFs and then use storage such as dropbox to import them into your iPad (or via iTunes)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 02:29:34 am »
Sounds difficult bonsai, I am not good at these things
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 06:37:17 am »
DG I've been using Evernote because dumbos like me can do it. I put any recipes onto Evernote on the PC and it synchs with the ipad so then I have it there for cooking.
I understand your feelings for the ipad. We found it amazing in Singapore.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2012, 12:38:36 am »
Cookie, you are more clever than I. I have no idea how to sync the Ipad to the Pc  :-[
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:34 am »
We're both clever DG. It does it all by itself. Or at least I think it does. Mine just comes up on the PC 'synchronisation complete' and then later when I look at the ipad it has the recipes on there too. You just need evernote on both ipad and PC.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:35 pm »
Well, after my period of time with the trial version of Living Cookbook I think I will just stay with the system I have got - cut and paste everything into Word, it seems to work best for me.

I quite liked LC and it was pretty easy to work with, but I think what really irritated me is editing recipes.  I found it really annoying that I couldn't easily get to the first character on the ingredient line.  I was able to edit the quantities and volume or weights easily, but when I moved into the ingredient field my insertion point always went to the end of the ingredient line and it was such a hassle to get back to the beginning of that field.  A small problem, I know, but irritating enough to put me off the program.

I was never able to satisfy myself that the nutrirional information was correct either, and that was one area that I was particularly keen to try.

Having said that, so many people like LC and I wouldn't want to put any others off checking it out, it just wasn't the one for me.

I haven't looked at Evernote at this stage, I guess I am so discouraged with LC and basically happy with the way I record recipes just now anyway that I'll stick with the status quo for the time being and perhaps look into this again at some point in the future.

Thanks to you all for your comments over this thread, it's good to get all your views.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2012, 03:39:50 am »
I love dropbox. I have it on my 4 computers.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »
Hmm I wonder what was happening there Marina, it's not a problem that I have had with LCB. Such a shame for you but a blessing you were working with the trial version  :)

I love dropbox too Robyn, I have it on what ever I can put it on lol  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 08:20:50 am »
I have Evernote now on my Laptop and Android Tablet.
I find it a lot easier to find, clip and edit on the laptop with the keyboard, and then just Synch with 'Handy Andy' who is my little recipe helper in the kitchen.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.