Author Topic: Recipe review: Bolognaise vegetable bake–Quick Fix In The Thermomix, page 114  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Comfort food, but packed with vegetables so quite healthy too.
It makes heaps; the recipe says it serves 6 and I’m sure you could feed 6 very hungry people with this (even those teenager boys with hollow legs!).

I found I had quite a lot of liquid in my dish once I’d taken it out of the oven, it was very sloppy.  I was very careful to drain the zucchini as stated in the recipe, so I think perhaps the liquid came out of the eggplant.  The liquid was a bit off-putting, but easily drained away.

I think if I make it again I’d add some chillies or something else to spice it up a bit. My OH loved it and went back for a huge second helping.  For me though there is still something about the texture of mince cooked in Thermie that I find quite strange.  Nothing to do with the recipe though, I’m just not a fan of that texture.

An easy recipe to follow that would suit a large family.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
I didn't have a problem with too much liquid, more a problem of too much zucchini. The eggplant sort of dried in the oven. I was using an average sized lasagne dish as the photo of the dish used in the book didn't look that big, and it specified a shallow baking dish. I ended up only using half the zucchini, and had more than enough to make a zucchini slice with the leftover. Next time I will use my whopper size dish. I will definitely make it again, as it was very very tasty. DS was going back for seconds!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Connars nan

• View Profile
This served 6 adults and 2 toddlers it's a winning recipe I served it with salad  to bulk out the meal  will be making it again

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Recipe review: Bolognaise vegetable bake–Quick Fix In The Thermomix, p 114
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:29:49 am »
I just used the bolognaise component of this recipe for lasagne. IMO it is by far the best bolognaise recipe I've tried in the TMX -but in saying that everyone has their own bolognaise and this one happens to be very similar to my pre-TMX bolognaise.
-I used half beef and half pork mince
-I doubled the red wine to 100g
-I added the chopped zucchini to the mix too

Thanks Alyce, this is a delicious bolognaise :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
I wish I had read the reviews before making this!
It was very nice, but made much more than expected. I only used 500g mince and two zucchinis instead of four (although the weight wasn't stated), and couldn't quite get it all in my baking dish. (As CP said, the dish in the photo looks quite small.)
 Next time I will use a lasagne dish. I will also add chilli or herbs to increase the flavour, and mix in grated Parmesan with the mozzarella. DD and I liked the eggplant but DH wasn't keen - I might try it with thinly sliced pumpkin.
I cooked it all in the TM as per the recipe, and didn't mind the texture, but the mince could easily be cooked on the stove instead.
Beauty is only fur deep.....