Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036017 times)

Online K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23730 on: March 31, 2020, 01:01:07 pm »
Nice to hear from you Sue , love my 31 but have the 5 too it is great and both used all the time , sure there would be a second hand ones , even 6 is for sale on some places .
Going nuts trying to keep my MIL safe , she means well . We are all adjusting to close confinement . Sunset walk with teens was a bonus , always ends in instagram photo shots , left them to it walked home in the dark , but we are blessed . Made two meals tonight, one for lunch after DR visit for DH to have back slab plaster removed ,stitches and full plaster put on . I will have to wait in the car .
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:12:18 pm by K Atie »

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #23731 on: April 01, 2020, 08:32:43 am »
Thanks everyone! I think I’ve narrowed it down to a choice between a tm31 and the Magimix cook expert.  I’m a bit reluctant to purchase second hand at the moment, so I’ll think on it a little longer.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23732 on: April 01, 2020, 10:36:56 am »
Let us know what you select ES. I think Amanda liked the Magimix. Does it have a lot of extra bits and pieces?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23733 on: April 01, 2020, 12:14:43 pm »
I feel sad when leaving Melbourne today , our quick trip to have DH new royal blue plaster on . I was not able to see DM as it would be too much of a risk , but we did talk . Had to go to the chemist ( which I’ve been going to for 18 years ) so sad this lovely gentleman told the chemist lady that he could no longer see his wife , he went everyday . How sad is that . Bonus I got masks gloves and hand sanitizer win ,win and some medication. Long day and returned to two teens that had a great day flying solo . Also Zoom meeting for book club tonight . Think I need a lesson as not sure anyone new I was there , maybe it is not good on iPad , lots to learn as everyone wants to do it .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23734 on: April 01, 2020, 12:34:34 pm »
Made some freezer biscuits that I have been looking at for some time. The mix of flavours did not quite come off.  Coffee grounds, hazelnuts, aniseed.  The texture was perfect so will make again with other flavours.
Made a large loaf of bread.  Mixed grains and seeds. 

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23735 on: April 04, 2020, 01:15:40 pm »
We  watched a movie on SBS today rather sad but compelling, DD did school work . Cooked lunch . DH and I did a farm tour , checked the fertiliser bin lid was closed , checked the weathers! This involved me driving in paddock, never quite happy as always think I’m going to get bogged, not wet enough yet .
Yesterday teens went for a walk , Pepper with them chased the rams and one got out .DS got in the Ace and calmly put it back, DH none the wiser .
Very cold avoiding lightning the fire as have to carry the wood and my shoulder is no way up to it. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:58:29 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23736 on: April 05, 2020, 02:18:03 am »
KAtie, enjoyed reading about your day on the farm.
It has turned very cold so good day for cooking.  DD rang as she was doing grocery shopping.  Asked did I want anything.  Out of cream.  She collected olive loaf and excess soup. We do this distancing thing.  Place goodies in outside step.  Talk at a distance.
I try a new recipe everyday. Having fun.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23737 on: April 05, 2020, 09:04:02 am »
I'm at a bit of a loss here today, no special reason. All the housework is done, the ironing and washing are up to date and we have enough bread, biscuits etc. I sat down to have a read and fell asleep.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23738 on: April 05, 2020, 09:57:07 am »
Ha ha cookie. It will get to the stage where there’s virtually nothing else to do then we will become bored.  I’ve taken to only doing a major job every second day but that down day still goes so quickly.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23739 on: April 05, 2020, 01:05:29 pm »
I just seem to chase my tail , ironing  piling up very high , cook food ,gone , hungry man teen !
It rained a lot of the day , adjusting to all being home together. DD settled into her school work , even fitted a long walk in . Funny how they disappeared when i decided to light the fire . All ok they helped later on . DH happy , although I think the novelty is wearing thin , watching a lot of tv and doing quite a bit on his laptop , and eating.
Saw a friend on social media had harvested 19 large gray pumpkins and had flat wine boxes full of apples , think they must have a very cool room to put them in , that would be great !
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:21:19 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23740 on: April 05, 2020, 09:33:21 pm »
We seem to go through a lot of pumpkin. Seems to shrink when baked. Don’t grow well in this cold climate.
Yesterday put out the moisture absorbers . Need them in the bedroom and living area.  A lot of hot air there.  :)
We are enjoying not having to collect wood , light and clean up with the wood fire. The reverse cycle is expensive but very convenient. 

Online K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23741 on: April 05, 2020, 09:49:57 pm »
Chookie ,normally we share the wood duties , but no way DH can , it is a big job as we use trailer loads . A wood boiler outside boiler room heats the hydronic heating panels  a closed fire place too . We use the split air to take the edge off the chilly day nights . Boiler not going yet . No sure how to start it as it has a mind of its own .
Very chilly morning.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23742 on: April 06, 2020, 08:25:38 am »
KAtie, when we lived at Cherokee all wood had to be in the shed by Easter.  Very big jab as the wood heater warmed most of the house. We had a double garage full. You sound like you are well set up.
Completed the cleaning out of chook shed. Took  longer than anticipated. When I put the fresh straw in, it was covered with ants. So was I. As the little blighters stung I did a quick strip in the yard. Quite a sight. Much yelling and jumping up and down. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23743 on: April 06, 2020, 08:36:18 am »
Ha ha, Ral should have been filming you Chookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23744 on: April 06, 2020, 02:31:05 pm »
Oh Chookie that would have kept any onlookers amused.
I’m beginning to look for jobs Judy. Did the bathrooms today, ironed and washed.
We have cream tiles most of the way through the house and with 3 of us in here it gets very yucky. DH even brings in the grease on his clothes and shoes. Keeps me out of mischief.