Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6093460 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23760 on: April 10, 2020, 11:40:44 pm »
Meal planning is working well.  Yesterday I wrote a list for next week.  I don’t always stick to it but it functions as a general guide. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23761 on: April 11, 2020, 06:43:45 am »
Mad dash to check the seeder as it had a flat tire ! No able to be fixed till Sunday / Monday . Planting stopped .
With great joy DH won the local Easter raffle ! Easter eggs . Kids said will they go into isolation!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23762 on: April 11, 2020, 07:57:14 am »
Lovely news about the Easter raffle KAtie.
I had to go out and get milk this morning as we can only buy 2 containers of milk at each visit. I usually get a 3 litre of hi Lo and a 2 litre of skim.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23763 on: April 11, 2020, 09:41:28 am »
What a lovely surprise K Atie, bet the kids will make short work of that win.   Slow down a bit, relax and enjoy some chocolate yourself tomorrow.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23764 on: April 11, 2020, 11:29:38 am »
K Atie, bet that brought a smile to DH face. First year I haven’t  bought the GC Easter Eggs.  Glad they aren’t little as it would be hard to explain.
I’m changing over the Summer clothes for Winter ones.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23765 on: April 12, 2020, 03:58:00 am »
Well think there may be too many eggs in that win but we will give some to MIL and maybe a friend drop off .
DD and DS decided there had to be a hunt ! So that involved a long early morning walk . Lucky I had made a quick thinking moment to grab some .
A quick sort of a shelf in kitchen to make room for my collection of food . Cleaned out a lot but have heaps more to do . Just need to pack it away very soon .
DD has been doing an English essay . Now making a platter for our lunch .
We are all slow today , but that is good .
Happy Easter .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23766 on: April 12, 2020, 07:38:29 am »
I've been making slow starts the last week or so. After the breakfast dishes are done I've been sitting down with the paper and taking my time reading it with a cup of coffee. There is plenty of time during the rest of the day to do the jobs.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23767 on: April 12, 2020, 08:32:03 am »
Life has certainly changed cookie, I’ve gotten into the routine of walking 3 times a day - after breakfast, after lunch and just before I go to bed.  The rest of the day is pretty laid back, a couple of jobs done each day but much more time in front of the TV.  I finish the day by watching DVDs of Netflix series before doing my final walk for the day.  ‘Talking’ to my daughters a lot more than normal, there are some good points of being in isolation.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23768 on: April 12, 2020, 11:39:55 pm »
Judy sounds like you will be super fit going for those walks . DM has been going twice a day to walk her dog . Sounds like I had better do some walking too. We did a Easter egg , yes some of the prize ones too , drop off to MIL and she had made a chocolate sponge cake for us . Horrified when I said three days till she could touch them ( I had wiped them down ) .
A drive to part of the farm to check for sheep and weeds for spraying !! DD took her laptop and worked on her Art . Late home .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23769 on: April 12, 2020, 11:53:13 pm »
I write a list each morning and work through it during the day.  Before the lock down I hardly ever completed the list.  Now I seem to have more time, or maybe I don’t add as much to the list.
Kitchen draws could do with a clean out.  A little cooking .  A very little cleaning.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23770 on: April 13, 2020, 12:02:15 am »
I always think I’ve done a big clean up and then look around after , mm that has not had a great affect as I thought .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23771 on: April 13, 2020, 06:47:44 am »
I’ve been in isolation for 3 weeks, only going out for food and medical appointments.  I’ve done plenty of jobs, lots of cooking (and eating), lots of walking and lots of watching TV but I have not done much in the garden apart from the infrequent watering.  Speaking to friends yesterday both told me they have ‘dressing gown days’ but I’ve tried to scrub up as nicely as I can because that’s something I’ve done ever since my nursing home visiting days began over 6 years ago. I dress in a way that I could visit anyone, put a bit of eye makeup and jewellery on so by then of course I can’t really work in the garden dressed like that!  Bearing in mind my friends’ dressing gown days I realised that I could do my gardening jobs straight after breakfast and my first walk in my dressing gown (which became nightie and apron once it started to warm up).  I did the back only but was out there for 3 hours working on the border around the property, cutting back, pulling out the odd weed (they’re not bad at the moment), splitting pot plants and making new pot plants to give away then watering the whole back garden.  I really enjoyed myself out there, the back held up right until the last moment.  I then had a shower, washed my hair and started the rest of my day like I’ve been doing.  I had a working dressing gown morning and it felt good.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23772 on: April 13, 2020, 06:57:28 am »
I make a list too Chookie. More of it is being crossed off. We have been in lock down about 3 weeks too Judy. Only out to do the shopping and for my 6 monthly diabetic check. I am spending more time on my ipad than I should, but the jobs still get done.
I have house clothes Judy. They are mainly t shirts that are no longer ok to wear out and 3/4 light weight trousers. Later it will be jeans and t shirts. I always put lipstick on as it stops my lips from getting dry.
I usually sit down and have a read sometime during the afternoon. Lots of cooking too.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23773 on: April 13, 2020, 12:44:21 pm »
Judy you cracked me up , that is so good . We do what we have to and let’s all enjoy a sense of humour too. I dress in a pair of jeans and any old top I can find , throw a jumper on so no one sees the holes .
Tried to clear another shelf in the kitchen today , nearly done . Kept going to other cupboards and removing throwing out junk . Even found a bag with plastic lids ! Had a stack of Quarantine
goods at the front door ( cleaned but 3 days all good . Has been well over 3 days  )   Now put away . I moved around the house all day . Managed to get dinner cooked early too.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23774 on: April 13, 2020, 02:02:46 pm »
I cracked up that you cracked up K Atie LOL. It’s interesting hearing what you’re all doing to stay sane at the moment and it seems that throughout the world the one thing we all have in common is our clean cupboards.