Author Topic: Favourites Folder  (Read 11683 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Favourites Folder
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:09:42 am »
I'm making a display folder of all my favourite recipes, TMX and other. Since I'm back and forth from here to our house in Albany, it will be easy to just take my folder with me when I go. I have masses of recipe display folders, but not all recipes are tried and true. Many are ones I just want to make one day.

I've found that I don't have a lot of my recipes in my recipe folder on my computer! Many of them have been posted here, fortunately and I can copy and paste. I'm thinking I may need two folders as I've only one page left! I hate the way the plastic sheets in these folders are getting thinner and thinner.

It's been fun and will hopefully help when thinking about what to cook each night.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Favourites Folder
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:42:49 am »
it's a great idea I have one each for dinners, breads, desserts, cakes and cookies and one for others ie dips,  snacks etc

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Favourites Folder
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:19 am »
I did 3 folders finally last weekend. ( finally found time) :)

Biscuits, cakes, slices

Mains,

snack foods, entrees.

It makes it so much easier.
Now I just have to convert heaps more to TMX.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 06:03:01 am »
Ive given up on paper folders.  I now store everything on my iPad.  It goes with me everywhere.  When i wish to follow a recipe it sits on the kitchen bench.  Recipes I have written are on my Blog,  and I have 2 other Blogs,  1 each for the Farmers Markets that I write recipes for.  Other recipes are in categories :  mains , desserts etc.   Others under Author.... Tenina.  Jamie Oliver etc.  i have found this necessary as I have just too many recipes,  either tried or ready to convert.  Also since I joined Eat Your Books,  i am using my library of cook books more.  The same catalogue is also on my iPhone and MacBook.  
Just a different method to suit a different life style..

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 06:52:24 am »
I use my iPad too. I'm in big trouble if it dies or someone has it. ( although we now have 3 in the house). I love the app I got the other day. I take photos from here, or magazines etc and store them in that.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 07:28:13 am »
I use my iPad too it makes life so easy when I want to cook wherever we are  :)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 08:17:34 am »
I've not found a good app for recipes. Most of my recipes are already in folders and I have a heap on my Windows computer.
I also hate typing on the ipad. I'm a touch typist and find that I just can't type as quickly on the ipad keyboard. I've thought of getting a little separate wireless one that the ipad hooks into. Has anyone got one of those?

What apps do you use to copy and paste recipes?

i'm on to my second folder, having already add masses of refill pages to my first!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:32 am »
MJ,  I don't use an app.  I book mark them and then shift them to a folder.  It has to be simple for me.  Not very good with this technology.   About once a week I review all the Book marks and if I still want them ,  shift them to a folder.   If I have taken a photo,  I leave it in the photo section of I pad.  I also review these and remove what I don't want. 
If i like a converted recipe that is someone else's from the forum,  and are likely to make it many times,  I ask for permission to publish it in my Blog.  I link and acknowledge where/ who it has come from.   I am very particular about this as I have had several recipes " borrowed " by others and published as there own.  The latest was the Portuguese Tarts.   

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 08:53:30 am »
I've not found a good app for recipes. Most of my recipes are already in folders and I have a heap on my Windows computer.
I also hate typing on the ipad. I'm a touch typist and find that I just can't type as quickly on the ipad keyboard. I've thought of getting a little separate wireless one that the ipad hooks into. Has anyone got one of those?

What apps do you use to copy and paste recipes?

i'm on to my second folder, having already add masses of refill pages to my first!

I have a Zaggfolio blue tooth keyboard. It is great for typists.

I just take screen shots and put the in a album . Totally lazy.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 09:15:50 am »
My recipes are a complete jumble again.  I have a couple of folders with recipes in, with notes on them of adaptations, etc. ... then I forget to update them on my computer - so if I lose the hard copies, I also lose the changes I have made and I have to start all over again printing out a hard copy from the computer and trying to remember how I had changed the originals ... I just wish I was organised enough to keep both hard and electronic versions identical.  How does everyone else manage this?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:58 am »
I've just got snaprecipes. You take a photo of the recipe and then file it however you like. Each recipe can have 4 or 5 photos. One I did today had 4 photos for the instructions which then enabled me to take a photo of it when I made it. It has space for comments of your own etc. I prefer it to any of I have paid for.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:02 am »
Thanks, Cookie - I've just had a look at this and keen to try it!!  Just have to download it . . . :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 11:57:48 am »
cookie , you are a wonder.  Just downloaded it and added a recipe. best $2 I have spent in years. XXXX

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 12:05:28 pm »
It is so easy. No more asking for recipes to be photocopied at the doctors anymore.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »
It's a great app. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago when cookie first mentioned it and I've been putting all the recipes in that I collect here and there that I want to try

I also use paprika, and have spiral bound my favourites. Trying to buy only ebooks, and just use recipes from iPad whether its magazine subscriptions or screen shots.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:22:09 pm by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand