Author Topic: Counting the days until my Thermomix arrives!!  (Read 10009 times)

Offline Kristie

• View Profile
Counting the days until my Thermomix arrives!!
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:51:45 pm »
Hi all - as the title says, it wont be long!!

And I'm very excited but a bit nervous - such alot of money for a product I have never seen in the flesh.

I live in Broome WA and according to the thermo people, there is no one up her who has one!!! I'm going in blind so to speak!!

We are a family of four, including a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I've read that it's great for making kids meals too.

Anyway, hi to you all

Kristie
Kristie

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Counting the days until my Thermomix arrives!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:57:38 pm »
Hi Kristie! At least you have found us...you will get an amazing amount of information and help here so don't be afraid to ask if you need it. I know you will love your TMX when it arrives.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:35:52 pm »
I bought mine sight unseen in november last year - they had only just arrived in South Africa and I very quickly became a consultant and am still totally hooked. ;D ;D
Enjoy your new life with TM

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:07:09 pm by Shayla »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:05 pm »
Hi, i ordered mine last Thursday, hope to have it next week.
Sight unseen too.
I can have the demo when it gets delivered to me.

I have been on her looking at the recipes for ideas too.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:05:29 pm »
Hi Kirsty.

You live in a very special place. So beautiful.

You may find it diffcult to get some ingredients  you see here in Broome but we are only a click away if you need us.

There is always the snail mail if you need something sent to you. I am more than glad to help. Cairns is not as isolated as you are but I know what it is like.

Cheers,
Gretchen

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 11:36:20 pm »
Hi Kristie, welcome to the world of the Thermomix owners.  Hope you are getting a delivery demo to help you on your way but being so isolated, maybe it's coming in the post.  In which case you will need to do a lot of reading and you have found the right place here for lots of hints and lovely recipes.  Hope you've already earmarked those you would like to try and we all look forward to hearing how you get on with your machine.  My DD loves it for cooking food for the little ones.  Visited Broome on the Sun Princess early last year for the first time, lovely place but oh, so hot. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:14:48 am »
Hi Kristie,

A very warm welcome.  You will love your new toy and the people on this forum will give you all the help you need.

Cheers

Trudy

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:37 am »
Welcome Kristie - hope you have lots of fun with your new machine.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 07:55:09 am »
I think you'll be very happy.  I purchased about a month ago and can't remember the before days.

An interesting pre-purchase test I did was search E-Bay world wide.  The only Thermomix available was the previous model - and I assume this person upgraded.  Try doing that for any other product!  I think it shows nobody regrets it.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 08:12:58 am »
Welcome Kristie,
You won't regret your purchase one bit.
You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Dublin Girl in Oz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:34 am »
Welcome - I got my Thermomix only about 12 days ago - I LOVE IT!  It is alot of money, but WORTH IT!

Regards,

Sylvia - MElbourne
Sylvia - Melbourne

Offline Kristie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 04:54:45 am »
Thank you so much everyone - going to really enjoy my new toy and it looks like there is so much support for us newbies here!!

Hahaha, I do pinch myself regularly. It's a lovely lifestyle here in Broome. Like you say though Gretchen, some things may be hard to come by. That's a lovely offer - thanks so much.

I loved the ebay test you did cathybenson79 - that was a great idea!!

I have been looking through the recipes and drooling lol, so many delicious things to make!!

I'm not sure what to buy in preparation for this wonderful machine to arrive. I had a look at some scanpan tart, pie and loaf tins today. Are these the kinds of things required? I have previously done most of my cooking in the slowcooker (which I looove) and really not much baking so am a bit clueless to what is needed. I'd like to make pies, quiches, custart tarts etc.

thanks again everyone!!  :D

Kristie

Offline SR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 05:37:27 am »
Hi Kristie and welcome to the forum.  I must confess, I do love Broome and the outside cinema is so much fun.

I make two kinds of bread and one is just on a tray on baking paper in a cob shape (this is the rye bread) and the other is in a 20cm square tin (this is the 5 seed loaf).  I bake the biscuits on baking paper and the rest is in the TMX.  I am going to start planting lots of herbs as I seem to use more of those items.  Next year (fingers crossed) I may have a vegetable garden as well.

I have only had mine for 3 weeks (as of tonight in fact) - so I am still learning but really love it.  Hope you enjoy it as well and good luck with it all.
Sue from Adelaide

Offline mel81q

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 12:32:40 pm »
Hi Kristie,

I had a demo on Monday night and loved it so much i ordered one on the spot! Which mind you, i knew i would after seeing the short sorbet demo on their website. Even my husband was convinced and so impressed he didnt even care about the cost.

You will be thrilled when it arrives - im on the countdown with you!!!!

Mel

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 12:37:22 pm »
Glad to hear you had a demo - did they come to you or did you have to go to them?  Husbands are the best people to take to a demo - give a man food and he will give you the world ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.