Author Topic: Morning Tea and then Lunch at Fortnum and Mason.  (Read 12674 times)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Morning Tea and then Lunch at Fortnum and Mason.
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:41 am »
Chookie, I'm so sorry to hear about your bad luck.  I will keep my fingers crossed that you are able to sort it out today - ease your mind and then get back to the kitchen!!!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 04:12:47 am »
Chased the VAT refund on the computer.  The money has not been paid into the account yet.  Wonder if it will ever be paid in.  This was 10 weeks ago.   Sometimes things are a bit slow in South Africa.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 04:14:50 am »
Good luck, Chookie.  We had a flight cancelled when we were away recently because of the second Icelandic ash cloud and that air fare hasn't been refunded yet, either.  Hopefully we will both get our refunds "in the fullness of time".
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 06:06:41 am »
I do hope you both get your refunds. We were to receive one when Ansett went down and eventually got it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:47 am »
ooooo yes i do hope you botn get your refunds and quickly... and cuilidh if you want to see bureaucracy in action at its finest come to france...they are the kings of paperwork and red tape...at times it can take up to 1 year for your renewed licence to be done..which takes 10 mins on average in oz ie take photo wait 10 mins and you have your licence..and the list goes on...when that happened to me DH rang and went off at them and miraculously we had the licence within a week and also they never communicate between different offices even our local town hall..one department asked for a whole lot of paperwork and then another rang a few days later askig for the same paperwork so we said cant you just go down the hall and copy the other papers..they said no...and the list goes on and on..true kings of tying everythig up and making things difficult!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/