Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7969164 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #37800 on: September 27, 2019, 12:49:20 am »
Good morning everyone.  A lovely morning here 19 deg, sunshine and  little breeze.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37801 on: September 27, 2019, 04:58:42 pm »
It’s raining. 🙄
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #37802 on: September 27, 2019, 10:43:29 pm »
24 to 4 is a little chilli at home .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37803 on: September 28, 2019, 01:22:42 am »
A beautiful day here and my DD in Melbourne tells me it is a perfect day for the AFL Grand Final.  It’s so easy to get caught up in this event even if your team is not playing.  I’m going to have lunch with Mum and watch the start of the match then I’m going down to DD2’s place to finish watching the match before heading out for dinner with the family. Enjoy your day everyone.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37804 on: September 28, 2019, 10:32:13 am »
It sounds a lovely day Judy. I’m sure you all had fun. Another lovely spring day here. DD and I went to the Royal Show.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37805 on: September 29, 2019, 12:49:57 am »
Has been cool with patches of sun. 
One of the chooks is eating the eggs.  I have ordered a roll away nest.  After they lay their egg it rolls away into a concealed spot at the front of the nest. 
Our Council has told us not to put glass into the recycling bin.  We can put it into landfill bin or take it to a special depot.  I buy food in jars rather than tins as I don’t like the plastic lining in the tins.  Most of the jars I recycle for jam and sauces.  People who don’t make jam etc are very cross about the Councils inability to handle the community waste. I’m going to do a demo for the Creswick Market/ swap  group on bottling using the Microwave using jars.
One of my friends is part of a group who sew cloth shopping bags from remnants of cloth from curtain shops.
I am very keen on not wasting and reusing whenever possible.  The TMX is wonderful for this.  I turned the leftover roasted root veggies into a lovely thick soup. Leftover lamb into a Cottage pie. 
Please excuse the ramble but I feel passionate about waste.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #37806 on: September 29, 2019, 12:54:39 am »
The weather is much the same here Chookie.

I also save my jars for jams and chutneys.  Also have made lots of those reusable shopping bags.  We call them boomerang bags here :) :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37807 on: September 29, 2019, 01:20:41 am »
Someone has to care for the environment Chookie so I’m all for doing what you do and now whomever I give jams and chutneys to now save all their jars for me.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #37808 on: September 29, 2019, 03:59:19 am »
I have so many jars now that I have had to clear another shelf in my larder to fit them all in ... I must give some away, there is no way I can use them all, but it is hard to part with them, just in case I need one of just "that" size for something and it isn't on my shelves anymore!

I, too, try in my own way to be thoughtful of the environment in as many ways as I can.  I picked up a tip a month or two ago that I didn't know ... when you have finished using your baking paper, you can wipe it down (in fact, I have even rinsed it under running water) then you can reuse it, several times, before it becomes unusable.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37809 on: September 29, 2019, 04:05:24 am »
I’m sure every little bit helps.
I’ve been a bit lazy and Instead of re typing the Macaroon recipe I have copied it via Tapatalk and posted it in Cake section.
It really is worth a try.   I have made it 4 times in the last 2 weeks.  They keep very well if not eaten immediately.
I freeze the egg white leftover from the Portuguese Custard Tarts.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37810 on: September 29, 2019, 06:49:52 am »
I don’t use baking paper very often Marina but I do recycle my freezer go between.  I wash it in hot soapy water and lay it flat on the top section of a tea towel then I bring the bottom half up to dry it.  I also use those blue sheets between sheets of frozen pastry, they’re a good size to put between bread slices, crumpets etc

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37811 on: September 29, 2019, 10:36:21 am »
I’m with everyone on doing what you can for recycling etc. I use my Glad Bake several times, basically until it disintegrated. I also keep all my jars for sharing goodies. DH makes his own beer so there is no recycling of cans or bottles there. DD even has me taking soft plastic (stuff that is scrunchable) back to Woolworths to be recycled. I think it is important that we all try to do our best.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37812 on: September 30, 2019, 07:08:34 pm »
It’s been fairly dry day today but the rain has returned this evening.
DS brought us a batch of chicken and rice soup and bread rolls for dinner tomorrow night. 😋
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:12:09 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #37813 on: September 30, 2019, 09:32:51 pm »
My jaw dropped when we saw the Ballarat. Councils add re the glass recycling. What are they thinking, DD was shocked too . I keep all the glass jars and some bottles , every now and then I have a clean out . The local op shop is closing , which I though they would benefit . Times change not for the better , now we have to think of other ways . Always remember cleaning my grandmothers draws , an Aladdin's cave of everything to brown paper pencils everything was reused and kept, the war years really stuck with her , but how sensible they were .
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:42:52 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37814 on: September 30, 2019, 10:21:09 pm »
It is going to be a nice day.  2 degrees as the moment. The bees could do with some warm weather.  They don’t leave the hive until it reaches 14 degrees.