Author Topic: Thermo lid jammed on  (Read 14115 times)

Offline storktoyourfork

• View Profile
Thermo lid jammed on
« on: May 17, 2013, 11:42:26 pm »
I took my Thermomix into my daughters school canteen on friday and while I was serving another lady, whilst trying to be helpful, cleaned the bench around my therm, wiped it down, unplugged in and put the lid on. I have just realised this morning that the left side is in the correct groove, but the right side is sitting about the grove and it is stuck. I have tried as much force as I feel is safe to get it unstuck but I cant get it to budge. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the lid off.
When I plugged it in and turned it on, it just beeps with 'O.pen' message flashing on the screen.
Please help

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thermo lid jammed on
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:56:23 pm »
Heavens, how did she manage to do that STYF :o  I just tried to do it with mine and I had no success, mind you I was a bit worried if I did though after reading your problem.  I'd ring my consultant to see if she could pop over and give you a hand to fix the problem.  Being a weekend, no answers will be available now until Monday from H.O. - are you in Australia?

Good luck with your problem and welcome to the forum.  Maybe someone else has experienced this problem and can give some advice.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 03:27:16 am »
I have never seen this problem on any other thread on this forum so the only suggestion I can think of is to perhaps take a risk of putting a bit of cooking oil in the area of the jamb and see if that helps to slide the lid open.  good luck with that. 
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 03:56:04 am »
 Scary stuff, goodness knows how she managed that, I think you will just have to use brute force to get it off.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:22:13 am »
Oh no!!! I hope you can get it off! 
I wonder how on earth she managed to get it so jammed on. ???
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 06:13:56 am »
I would put a very tiny bit of machine oil on the left hand side. Remember that anything on the right hand side may go down into the machine.   Like Judy I tried to do it with mine and couldn't do it.  Is the lid facing the right way?  I wouldn't use cooking oil as it can go like glue when heated.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Thermo lid jammed on
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 06:24:28 am »
Is it possible for you to post a photo to see if it helps people provide some tips in between chatting to your consultant? There might be sunrise who sees the problem and can help?
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »
I have never completely jammed mine on but have often mis- threaded it. Good luck in getting it off.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »
without stating the obvious ... ensure that you speed dial is in the unlock / open position when you try to take the lid off. Sometimes we can get so worked up thinking we have broken our machines we miss the obvious. Speaking from experience years ago? NEVER!!  :D :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 03:33:14 am »
did you fix it yet, hope so
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:47 am »
I was wondering if you fixed it too :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 07:18:05 am »
If the dial's definitely in the unlocked position as Faffa suggests, then instead of just pushing on the tab on the front of the lid, I would use both hands, one on either side of the lid, to rotate it. The rotational force will therefore be more evenly distributed and less likely to do any major damage.

Thermomixes are tough little bu88ers and can take quite a bit of abuse - you should see the amount of battering they get in professional kitchens without complaining.

Good luck.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.