Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925958 times)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 03:08:19 pm »
I made Sorbet, bread, hummous, mushroom risotto, beetroot salad, custard!! Yes doing a demo!!
I am already sick of risotto!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 12:03:23 am »
Made a pasta sauce last night - didn't look inspiring enough to take a pic (and SWMBO was desperate for food).

Still I will post later - the sauce was mushrooms and walnuts with cream sauce.  Great combination of flavours.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 01:32:27 am »
did you guys go to the Festive cooking class?? Hope you liked the booklet..and calendar, now available to good homes for 5 and 12 respectively...from your local TM consultant...Today I am cooking some CHristmas goodies, which will probably show up on the blog (my one) so look out!

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 01:34:21 am »
tenina...i will finally get to meet you in person on monday night!!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 12:42:04 pm »
i ended up giving mine a good workout today, more than i expected!

i made my butter chicken again though, exactly the same way as before, and the chicken (which was actually cut into BIGGER bits than last time) totally disintegrated! bit embarrassing in front of guests but luckily they loved the taste :D

anyone got any ideas on why you can write down you method one time and it's perfect then the next is totally different???  ???

tenina, i made your naan but i left the dough to rise about 2 hours on the bench then put it in the fridge as i had another hour or more to go before i could start cooking them, and when i got it out of the fridge it had exploded out the top LOL!!!! was soooo funny!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 01:29:12 pm »
tenina...i will finally get to meet you in person on monday night!!
Make sure you come and tell me who you are...you have the advantage...no pic up on here yet!! hahahaha

tenina, i made your naan but i left the dough to rise about 2 hours on the bench then put it in the fridge as i had another hour or more to go before i could start cooking them, and when i got it out of the fridge it had exploded out the top LOL!!!! was soooo funny!
How did they taste is the important question??? Isn't it the most amazing soft dough, I LOVE it!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 09:26:14 pm »
i didn't get to have any (i hadn't counted and wasn't sure there were enough to go around - there were 15 of us plus my kids!) but asked dh and he said they were yummy :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 03:01:00 am »
ohhh i was looking for a Naan recipe.. :) i'll have a look at yours Tenina.

I just make Piklets for brekky... yum

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2008, 04:01:41 am »
Todays Thermo adventures are/were potato cakes for lunch. They were so nice-we've never had such nice ones before.  And of course the inevitable Lemon Butter.  This time for daughter to take for an ill friend at work. Then pizza bases for dinner tonight.
We've had stir fried vegies from it the last 2 nights.  The first night we used oyster sauce as the flavouring and last night I varied the vegetables a bit and used curry paste.  They are really nice.  We could easily make a meal out of just the vegetables.
Love my Thermomix.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2008, 09:50:42 pm »
We had welsh rarebit for breakfast (quite nice actually - I've only ever had it for lunch before).  I made quick puff pastry for a batch of eccles cakes (my favourites!).  Ran off a batch of yogurt last night, and saw this morning that it had worked (hurray!).  That was with the UK recipe.  Haven't tried the Ozzie one yet.

Made butter chicken and Tenina's Naan bread for dinner.  Delicious.  My daughter loved everything just as it was, we added a bit of Cyndi's sweet chilli sauce to spice it up a bit.

Oh yes, and made another loaf of bread.

I'm just sitting here trying to inspire myself to go and make some fruit cake.  Anyone got a good recipe?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 01:26:54 pm »
Porridge for breakfast.  Washed TM and made another batch of yogurt (yesterday's already used up!).  I'm now printing out recipes thanks to this forum for a dinner party tonight with an old friend.  He loves Italian, so I'm (planning) to make Rick's parmesan Grissini, the spiced nuts that I found somewhere and need to re-find now, a risotto, and Tenina's Panforte.  We once had a holiday in Sienna together, and LOVED panforte.  So thanks for the recipe, Tenina, couldn't be more perfect for tonight!  Oh, if I've got time and energy, I'm planning to make the after dinner mints from the UK Demonstrators Favourites book.  Just smash up some hard mints, scatter over a baking tray, then melt chocolate in TM, and pour over mint chips.  Leave to set.  Turn out and cut  or break into pieces.

I'm finding everyone's input on this forum really inspiring - so thanks, everyone!
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 11:47:37 pm »
Thanks CarolineW - I have had my machine for just on a year now and it's great to have input from people with more experience and access to sources like the UK TMX Demonstrators Favourites book.

Did you order it from UK Thermomix?  Does it have lots of different recipes?

I agree about the input - the whole thing is starting to blossom.  Especially appreciate the way cookie1 and other Newbies have launched themselves headlong into the adventure.  ;D

It would be great to get more input - but it will  slowly increase with time.  Thanks also to brazen, Amanda, baf65, Alina, Tenina, huilink, faffa and others who regularly keep the site ticking along.

BTW I made mini xmas puds in the Varoma last night as part of a test for xmas - still need some tweeking.  Maybe Tenina can pass on the recipe that didn't make it to class, nor to the Festive Season cookbook, nor the Calendar?

Trying chicken rolled arounf mango and steamed tonight - an 80's style dish  :-\

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 03:56:39 am »
Thanks for the nice comment Thermomixer.  I need it at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 06:38:30 am »
Ive just made some rough puff pastry and once the chicken defrosts im going to make some chicken sausage rolls with it....my little boy loves the ones from leonards, so these will hopefully be similar but using free range chicken and no flavourings!!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 11:28:05 am »
I did get the demonstrators book from the UK thermomix, yes.  If you contact them, they're very helpful.  It's a booklet rather similar to the seafood booklet from Oz, if you have that.  Same sort of size.  For the size, it has a lot of recipes (82 of them).  I also find it helpful to have both the Oz and the UK recipe books that come with the TM (I ordered my Oz one from Oz, and am sure you can do the same with UK to get UK one.  It's called Fast and Easy Cooking).  Although some of the basic recipes are the same, some are very different, and in the rest of the recipe book the recipes are for completely different things.  Incidentally, the Varoma book is for sale in the UK if anyone is wanting to buy it rather than have a Demo to get it.  But hey - why not have a Demo and get it for free?  :D

Incidentally, I'd remembered the after dinner mints wrongly - you mix the mint into the chocolate THEN pour into the tray, not the way round that I said in my earlier post (that was from memory).

Rick's grissini were excellent last night, by the way.  I'm going to check that it's posted under snacks, and put it there if it isn't.  I served them with the cream cheese & herb dip from the Oz TM book.  Tenina's Panforte was also very nice, but in future I'd chop the nuts to get a more authentic panforte.  With many of the nuts being whole, it was delicious but didn't have a panforte texture.

Had my husband's scrambled eggs for breakfast - yum yum.  First time that I'd tried them.  Very nice indeed - well done, Oli!  Of course, I have to wash the TM now as he was in too much of a hurry to do it - oh well.

Writing about the seafood recipe book above has made me think about the yummy Thai fish cakes, so I think I'll make them tonight.

Speaking of Christmas puds, there's a TM recipe for them on the UK site here (Janie's Christmas pudding), along with a bunch of other recipes http://www.ukthermomix.com/recindex.php

How long did you steam them for, Thermomixer?