Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7859985 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38595 on: March 24, 2020, 06:22:48 am »
Not sure how staff would get the e-card from their computer to her cookie and Mum really wouldn’t grasp what it was all about.  When they were in lockdown for a week with the Norovirus a while back I emailed a couple of times and the nurse printed it out for Mum.  She was so intent on what was at the top of the print out that she had to be told to ignore that and just read the message from your daughter.  She is very hard to get through to these days.

Oh how we all remember the Dick and Dora books LOL.  Can someone tell me if they still do these 2 or have they changed the reading matter?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38596 on: March 24, 2020, 08:52:09 pm »
Morning all. 
Judy , nice point about us all being in the same boat.  Glad it’s not a Cruise. ! Really feel for the poor old people in care and in lock down.

Not sure about doing my usual Hot X Bun making and giving them to people.  Worried about the virus being on food.  Is it safe? Would reheating in the oven kill the virus? What do you think?

Chooks helped again in the veggie garden yesterday.  Laying better again.  4 eggs yesterday.
Thanks about the petrol tip, Marina.  DD has offered to fill some cans for us. 
DD is still working but the other Dentist said he was stopping.  Their books are full and she is working 8 to 6.  People are worried about what will happed in the future.  She thinks everything will be shut down.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38597 on: March 24, 2020, 09:50:18 pm »
Obbie, good to see you on here again, I was wondering what you were up to

We were out last night, went for a drive to the next suburb - the roads and streets we drove down are usually jam-packed with people and cars ... if we saw 12 cars that would be an exaggeration.  It was very weird and sad.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38598 on: March 25, 2020, 01:11:06 am »
Good morning everyone.

All good here.  Family arrived home safely from Qld.  They had to change plans as their airline cancelled all flights and they had to find another airline at extra cost.

So sorry to hear of your Mother's fall Judy.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Obbie, nice to see on the forum again,  happy cooking.

We have just heard that there are two cases of the virus here in our town. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:19:56 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #38599 on: March 25, 2020, 02:20:41 am »
Hi Judy, Mab, Marina. I am here, very quiet at work. kids are using thermies alot now by themselves. All good here, if we go into lock down.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38600 on: March 25, 2020, 05:39:02 am »
Gosh mab that isn’t good.
Very hot here today. It looks like a storm may be brewing.
Judy we received an email from the nursing home and they are hoping to do a FaceTime thing with each resident and their family. I’m not sure MIL will understand at all, but if we can say hi and see her, and her see us, it will be really good. They are locked down for at least a month.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:29:11 pm by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38601 on: March 25, 2020, 10:47:11 pm »
Morning all.
Important to keep communication flowing.  Thank God for the Forum and all you lovely people.

Yesterday was interesting.  Still in isolation and survival mode. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks , with many more to come.  We needed potatoes.  I refuse to pay $3 a kilo when we are in the middle of potato growing country. So yesterday, RAL made coffee and put it into 2 take away Thermo cups and we drove to a roadside stall and picked up 6 bags of 5 k of potatoes, $5 a bag. We stopped by a lovely lake, drank our coffee and ate Fruit bread and watched the swans.  Drove home, dropping of 2 bags of potatoes at DD. Saw not another person.
This morning a friend is getting her friend to drive past our house on her way to Ballarat, to pick up a parcel of bread flour, cake flour, potatoes, 1/2 loaf of fruit bread and a bottle of plum jam.
She is sending me jars and plum sauce.
Everything that comes into the house I wash with soap and hot water or spray with Glen 20.  Don’t know if this any good.
Why I have been so long winded is that although we are in isolation from interacting with others, we are still doing lots of things.  Soon we may not be able to leave the house at all, but we will cope.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38602 on: March 25, 2020, 11:01:47 pm »
If you are eating all that cake, bread, jam and potatoes you won't be able to fit through the door so you will be well and truly self isolating. 😂

Take care my friend.

😍
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38603 on: March 26, 2020, 06:54:06 am »
LOL Gert, nearly peed myself laughing.

You are all doing very well, it’s a challenge but we will get through it. 
Thanks Margaret, I believe Mum is happy enough since the fall. Those diagnosed cases are too close to home aren’t they? Glad your family have managed to get home.
Cookie I’m expecting ours to close down for longer than the 2 original planned weeks too, I know they’re doing face-time as well but if they do it with Mum and me, her reaction will probably be hilarious.  Re-read your first line in response to Mab’s post - LOL.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38604 on: March 26, 2020, 10:02:07 am »
Everything is expensive at the shops Chookie , you did well with your potato shop . Must have been a relief to go for a drive . Cold nights but warming up .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38605 on: March 26, 2020, 12:34:12 pm »
Thanks for telling me to re read my post Judy. Jolly auto correct.

Chookie it sounds as though you thoroughly enjoyed your little outing.
DD ticked us both off today. She informed us that we needed to take Covid 19 more seriously as her friends were working their butts off to help people like us, and we weren’t spring chickens anymore, although we liked to think so. DH and I both hung our heads and looked suitably chastised.  We then had a big chuckle and felt good that she had the guts to growl at us. She is more worried for us than we are.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38606 on: March 26, 2020, 10:54:44 pm »
That proves she loves you both cookie.  I had a laugh at that line, it sounded really cool!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38607 on: March 26, 2020, 11:04:28 pm »
Not really anything to report from here except it was so cold on my morning walk yesterday, felt colder than what the temp said.  Today I'm feeling a bit snivelly so I didn't go this morning and will stay home until feeling back to normal.  Can't take chances.  :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38608 on: March 26, 2020, 11:10:33 pm »
Can you walk around your property Julie?  If I have my grand-dogs I walk around the marina but on my own I prefer walking around my back yard or even inside the house which I’m able to do in my sleepwear. To make the time go faster I walk around inside with my iPad so that I can read my emails etc - not able to answer them whilst walking though!  This morning I did 30 minutes inside then 20 minutes in the back yard.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38609 on: March 26, 2020, 11:45:09 pm »
Gert, you are just what we need.  Your sense of humour is priceless.  Most of what I cook I give away or swap. The neighbour across the road sent me some of her homemade biscuits.  They were awful. The chooks enjoyed them.  Nothing wasted here.  ;D
I don’t think I am stressed but must be.  I cook when stressed.  Yesterday I made 16 SD crumpets, 3 bread sticks, a seed pipe loaf and 8 tomato and cheese rolls.  All gone except the pipe loaf.   And Gert we didn’t have any potatoes with our Dinner.
It is warm with a slight breeze today.  We are going for a picnic lunch down at the dam.  Might throw in a tabby net.