Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6079084 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23415 on: December 29, 2019, 07:26:31 am »
Isn’t it lovely that DD is interested in her Dad’s old cars and what the clubs put on.  He must love having both a wife and daughter fully supportive of his hobby.  Lucky man.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23416 on: December 29, 2019, 10:57:39 am »
cookie I remember dead heading the agapanthus many years ago and I had the Ute parked right next to me . A snake came out of the agapanthus I jumped up on to the bull bar of the Ute.
No sign of snake that we know of . Tomorrow DS has nipper helping job and it’s going to be 41 !
Keep cool everyone.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23417 on: December 29, 2019, 08:13:52 pm »
Forecast for 43 here today and heavy winds this arvo before the change.  Looks like the prediction last week of today being really bad is happening.  Cooler tomorrow though so that will be nice.  Hopefully can turn aircon off and take grandson out for a bit  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23418 on: December 30, 2019, 06:45:24 am »
Isn’t it lovely that DD is interested in her Dad’s old cars and what the clubs put on.  He must love having both a wife and daughter fully supportive of his hobby.  Lucky man.

It is Judy. They are interested in different eras of cars but are still able to chat about them. I learned to like cars as when I met him in 1968 we spent many afternoons/evenings/days while he fixed cars. His brother and mate used to race them at the speedway and DH was the mechanic. It was a matter of joining in or leaving. I think growing up on a farm helped a lot.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23419 on: December 30, 2019, 11:44:57 am »
43 today hot northerly persisted all day . DS helped with nippers , DD and I waited in the sun for ages looking to purchase merchandise with the club , all good . We went to leave but would have got stuck getting out , cars parked both sides of the narrow road in , so waited till most had left . Now dS and I saw the weather change we had to get all the outdoor furniture in , YES another snake ! Poor DS nearly made a record to the veranda. It was a small one . We had to keep the dogs in again , brave DB came and dealt with it . He is very mad with me for trying to deal with a 6 foot tiger snake yesterday!! Ok now I think I have had enough of nature for awhile . Hope all that are effected by the fires are safe .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23420 on: December 30, 2019, 12:46:45 pm »
Life is never dull in your neck of the woods K Atie.

I went back to gym after the break today, nice and cool in there.  Did some food shopping then after lunch sat in the cool of the nursing home until Mum went to tea.  I headed for Glenelg to join the family in GD’s 15th birthday dinner at a local hotel.  Salmon and salad for me then back to her Aunty’s place for Keto ice-creams and brownies all round. Really hot when we went into the hotel and a freezing breeze when we came out - some of our cool changes happen so suddenly but this one was badly needed. No more family birthdays for me now until May.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23421 on: December 30, 2019, 09:02:53 pm »
Sounds like a nice day Judy.  Wasn't the cool change welcome!  It was so good to open up the house, though the garden looks a bit of a mess from the wind.  Lovely and cool this morning, will enjoy it while it lasts.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23422 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:27 pm »
K Atie, keep away from those snakes.  In all the years at Cherokee we never saw a snake.  There are some around our place at Invermay.  We haven’t seen them but one went with a load of Agapanthus that we gave away and another seen by the plumber near the dam.
While it was so hot yesterday, I packed away all the winter Woolies.  Did discard a few things. I find this very difficult. I pack each Woolie into a Jumbo zip lock bag and write a description on it. 
As it is cool today I might do some baking.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23423 on: December 31, 2019, 05:54:02 am »
The best part of summer to me is when a cool change comes through.  I can only put up with the heat if there is a cool change on the horizon, I’m such a whimp in summer.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23424 on: December 31, 2019, 08:29:45 am »
DD had the day off today. She and DH went to see a 1966 Mustang that she has her eye on. It is left hand drive. She seemed pretty keen when I met her after. We did a bit of shopping then we had lunch at a lovely Sushi place.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23425 on: December 31, 2019, 10:22:58 pm »
That sounds like a nice day too Cookie  :D

Sometimes more than others I really miss my 'kids' not living here any more but at the same time when they come to stay we have a nice time and catchup.  Love that we get to have our grandson for a week or so at a time in the school hols too.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23426 on: January 01, 2020, 07:43:54 am »
That makes up for the separation of the family Julie and I bet he loves to come and stay.  Are you a Grandma or a Nana?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23427 on: January 01, 2020, 07:45:52 am »
I'm Nan Nan  ;D  Love hearing him call me that.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23428 on: January 01, 2020, 07:47:16 am »
My favourite word is Grandma - even the dogs respond to that word and get all excited when they’re told they’re going to Grandma’s. 

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23429 on: January 01, 2020, 07:52:52 am »
Love it!  ;D