Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6090789 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23400 on: December 26, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Your Christmas dinner looks delicious Judy. Great news that you were able to join your Mum at the care home.

The roads were quiet driving into London Christmas morning. Chance is baring up being in an unfamiliar house and in a urban area,We are traveling back home this afternoon. SIL is on call today. He cooked a superb Christmas lunch yesterday. DS vegetables were delicious. SIL and DS did a taste test and DS veggies came out on top. Apparently GS woke up 3.20 Christmas morning 😂
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23401 on: December 26, 2019, 11:45:34 am »
Gosh that is very early Denise. Did he go back to sleep?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23402 on: December 26, 2019, 08:08:53 pm »
We have had visitors in and out most of yesterday. Don’t know how I would have managed without DIL and DS helping.  DIL is the best one could wish for.  Family have returned home but more visitors today. Friend is bringing her new puppy for us to look after while she shops in Ballarat. Still lots of ham and turkey left.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23403 on: December 27, 2019, 03:42:37 am »
Not a lot. DH went over to his Mum's house to check it and trim a couple of trees that are near the electric wires. We like to go over once a week.
I did some washing and a tiny bit of housework.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23404 on: December 27, 2019, 11:38:14 am »
That was something different for you Denise, I don’t remember you ever saying you went into London for Christmas before. Not much you could have done in your caravan and it was nice that you were all together and that Chance was included.

It sounds as if you’re having a very busy Christmas Chookie, life is great isn’t it?  I hope you don’t get this heat we’re having. Roll on winter I say!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23405 on: December 27, 2019, 06:48:21 pm »
Have been pottering along quietly these holidays so far.  I have started my 'annual' clean of the house from top to bottom. My DS is due in two days so have been washing sheets and airing the bedding the past couple of days.  DH has been outside the house looking after the garden ... especially with his new toy, a battery hedge trimmer (to go with his battery chainsaw and leaf blower), it is great and everything is now starting to get a good "haircut"!  Actually, all these things have made a huge difference in keeping the place looking presentable and makes life so much easier, especially for him because he can only get up here about once every 6 - 8 weeks during the year and he needs all the help he can get when he is here.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23406 on: December 28, 2019, 12:41:01 am »
I have put away all the extra cutlery and crockery that we had out for Christmas and put the house back to normal.  Washed all the extra linen just need to do the ironing now.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23407 on: December 28, 2019, 02:27:06 am »
DD is working today and DH has gone to see his Mum, so I am catching up on the ironing and whatever else needs doing. In between coming on here and having coffee. ;D

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23408 on: December 28, 2019, 04:53:13 am »
Been busy at the beach with DM and kids ! DS has been helping with the nippers and DD has been on patrol . DB had many people for drinks yesterday, both DS and DD helped all day . But today I tried to get rid of a tiger snake making itself at home on the lawn , DD saw it and ran quitely inside , I tried but failed now we are on snake watch ! Yet again my heart is pumping hard ,but annoyed as all the dogs have to be watched all the time now .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23409 on: December 28, 2019, 07:49:42 am »
After reading what all you busy people have been doing, I feel like a lazy slob.  Yesterday we looked after a friends puppy while she was busy in Ballarat.  Today, slept in, leftovers for lunch and have been reading most of the day.
GD is down at Lorne at the Falls Festival.  She is playing the Bagpipes , accompanying John Farnham while he sings You’re the Voice.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23410 on: December 28, 2019, 11:35:15 am »
What a wounderful experience for GD .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23411 on: December 28, 2019, 12:38:00 pm »
I’ve been a slot too Chookie LOL.  It’s too hot to do anything so why look for jobs, I spent most of the afternoon in the cool of the nursing home with Mum.  Popped in to see Katie and her DH on the way there as he was kind enough to order then fit new keyboards to both my iPads.  I came out with more of Katie’s TM books to have a look at whilst I’m doing nothing in the hot weather.
Nice to hear others are working at something, not nice about the snake’s presence though K Atie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23412 on: December 28, 2019, 04:45:42 pm »
Gosh that is very early Denise. Did he go back to sleep?
Yes he did Cookie.

Any news on the whereabouts of the Tiger Snake KAtie?

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23413 on: December 28, 2019, 07:10:33 pm »
Good to see that you and Chookie are taking it easy for once, Judy.  It's not exactly the type of weather where you want to be running around all the time so enjoy yourselves and relax.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23414 on: December 29, 2019, 01:51:48 am »
Judy and Chookie I love having lazy days in the heat. You certainly don't feel like doing anything.
KAtie you were very brave, even though you didn't get rid of the snake. I would have been standing on the tallest table available and screaming. I cannot cope with snakes at all. I think the fear of them was instilled into me as a kid as there were lots around. I remember when we were teaching in Carnamah DH was mowing the old man next doors lawn.(it was about a metre high) and snakes kept coming out of it into our place, DH said 'keep an eye on where they go.' I did, from the top of the kitchen table.  ;D ;D

DD and DH have gone to Cars and Coffee this morning over the river at the WA uni. They took the old ute. I made them text me to say they had got there safely.