Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469677 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1140 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:52 am »
I know, it is tanned cane toad skin for each of us. :D

They are so sweet.

Now we have a toad wacker.

Gert

Is that the technical name for a large shovel? ;D

Could be.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:52 pm »
Is anyone out there feeling sad they didn't put their name forth for the wonderful retreat?
Life is just too busy for me and instead of looking forward to a weekend away it has become a burden.
If anyone would like to go please pm me and I will advise the cost etc.
It saddens me to lose an opportunity to get to know everyone, perhaps my circumstances will be different next year. Have fun everyone.
Denise
Denise

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:55 pm »
thats a shame Bedlam ,i would love to go but i will have no teeth :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 18, 2012, 01:12:06 pm »
Oh Denise thats such a shame :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 18, 2012, 01:14:26 pm »
Great opportunity for someone, come on girls help Denise out here and take her place.  Sorry to hear you have had to back out Denise, life gets too difficult at times to do all the things we want. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #1145 on: July 18, 2012, 01:21:22 pm »
Such a shame bedlam

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »
thats a shame Bedlam ,i would love to go but i will have no teeth :-))

Uni, I'm getting a skeleton on Friday so I'm sure I could lend you the teeth from that if you wanted to come ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 18, 2012, 04:16:49 pm »
Had a meeting down south today so I called into the winery that I'd planned for lunch. I will speak to the functions co-ordinator cos they were talking about a de-gustation menu for that many people which comes to $65 per head. I think that this will be out of a lot of peoples pockets (mine included, and I said we probably won't be eating THAT much). I don't think that anyone will want to spend more than 25 - 30 buckaroonies so if this mob don't come to the party, there is Bootleg Brewery just down the road and many other choices. (I decided to be a know all and take a few chances with shortcuts as I was trying to rush back to Perth - think I added about another 45 mins getting lost and had to eventually pull out my Tom Tom (nothing rude - just a navigator) to get me back on the right road. I got to see a lot of the country side, and funnily enough for years I had always wondered what laid beyond a certain road, and today I got the chance to find out  ;D)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 18, 2012, 04:21:08 pm »
Yes $65 is too much for lunch for me. Happy with cheap and cheerful  ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 18, 2012, 04:28:41 pm »
It saddens me to lose an opportunity to get to know everyone, perhaps my circumstances will be different next year. Have fun everyone.
Denise

Glad someone else agrees with me Meagan. Sorry Denise, not thinking clearly when you sent an email to me personally today. Just got back into the office and was trying to catch up on emails...duh now the penny has dropped! I aidentify more with forum names rather than real names. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to come away with the little ones you have taken under your wing  ??? Hopefully someone can come forward and fill your spot. Anyone who has a friend who has a TM maybe could put the vacancy out there - they don't have to be a member of the forum necessarily, cos I'm sure after the weekend they will want to be  :-* (subject to conditions  ;))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 18, 2012, 10:57:22 pm »
Sorry  Denise you can't make it this time. We did plan a fair way ahead so it is difficult to know what may come up in the meantime. Things happen and there may be another who can't make it as well .  I am sure someone will take your place.  I have to tell you that when I see the temperature there I am tempted to stay home where it is warm. Instead I bought a pair  of socks and  some real shoes .  My first par of either in 10 years.

Maybe next time. Sorry to have missed meeting you.

Gretchen

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1151 on: July 18, 2012, 11:07:02 pm »
Yes $65 is too much for lunch for me. Happy with cheap and cheerful  ;)

Good call CP.  This weekend,  it is the people than are number 1 not the food.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 18, 2012, 11:20:21 pm »
Had a meeting down south today so I called into the winery that I'd planned for lunch. I will speak to the functions co-ordinator cos they were talking about a de-gustation menu for that many people which comes to $65 per head. I think that this will be out of a lot of peoples pockets (mine included, and I said we probably won't be eating THAT much). I don't think that anyone will want to spend more than 25 - 30 buckaroonies so if this mob don't come to the party, there is Bootleg Brewery just down the road and many other choices. (I decided to be a know all and take a few chances with shortcuts as I was trying to rush back to Perth - think I added about another 45 mins getting lost and had to eventually pull out my Tom Tom (nothing rude - just a navigator) to get me back on the right road. I got to see a lot of the country side, and funnily enough for years I had always wondered what laid beyond a certain road, and today I got the chance to find out  ;D)

Fancy you getting lost down there with all your experience. At least you know now something you didn't before.

There may be a few reasons why a degustation my not be the best option  as we may not all arrive at or near the same time for one. Also it takes a fair time to serve a meal like that without being rushed.  A degustation   with a  glass or three might put us all to sleep except for the drivers who may get cranky not being able to enjoy  that extra yummy glass of wine.  And then  the cost. More like a special occasion  lunch, not that ours will not be special but an unnecessary  added extra.  Perhaps they could come up with a short menu of a few choices . I doubt they would hear any complaints from us.

And again we have to thank you for all the organisation it is  taking. 

Gert

Gert

So yes we probably all agree with you.  We  know that is is off season and understand the staff problems some may  have  but there has to be one place that would welcome a group of 30 happy tolerant people for a nice lunch .   

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:57 am »
I don't even know what a de-gustation menu is, but since it sounds expesive I'm happy not to find out ;D
I would happy if we all bought a salad roll and sat in a park somewhere. As long as we're all together, I don't mind :D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 19, 2012, 12:09:08 am »
I don't even know what a de-gustation menu is, but since it sounds expesive I'm happy not to find out ;D
I would happy if we all bought a salad roll and sat in a park somewhere. As long as we're all together, I don't mind :D

I am sure we can do better than that Amy ;D. I am not flying all the way from Cairns not to experience all that the Margaret River  area has to offer. I think a salad sanger  packed  up on Thurs at 0430  might be a tad wilted by lunchtime on Fri.  :-))

Gert