Author Topic: Heavenly Coconut Snacks & Cinnamon Bars - Rawlicious Cookbook  (Read 3525 times)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Heavenly Coconut Snacks & Cinnamon Bars - Rawlicious Cookbook
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:22 pm »
Hi,

I have made these two treats from the Rawlicious Cookbook to have for Christmas time at my DS's farm.

My trial run on the Cinnamon Bars got taken to work by my DH and consumed in one trip - with the thumbs up. He very much liked the taste of the craisins that comes through nicely. I have made a double batch & am going to make another double batch. One lot will be dipped in melted chocolate - so the kids are more likely to eat them -DH's suggestion. They certainly don't need the chocolate but it will hide what is in them.

I ended up rolling my Cinnamon Bars into a log shape in the cling wrap and putting in the fridge that way. Once they harden you can then slice them into rounds to serve. The recipe said to use a vanilla bean which I didn't have so used a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste. The first time it came out a bit too oily so learnt from that and used less coconut oil. Can't remember how much less. Will check when I make another double batch today.

The Heavenly Coconut Balls are just three ingredients and really simple to make. Honey, coconut and cashews. I roll mine into balls and it is like having hand cream - the honey and nut oil feels really good on the hands and I reckon the recipe could somehow be adapted to make a hand cream or facial scrub - if anyone is so inclined. As a treat they are yummy and got the thumbs up from my fussy 6 yr old DD.

Highly recommend both recipes - healthy treats for this time of year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:42:51 pm by RoxyS »