Author Topic: Steamed Salmon with Champignon Sauce (with photo)  (Read 8756 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Steamed Salmon with Champignon Sauce (with photo)
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:59:53 am »
Steamed Salmon with Champignon Sauce

People: 4

Ingredients:
600g salmon (skin&bones removed)
Salt
Black pepper
Fresh juice of 1 lemon
450g champignon mushrooms
500g water
50g onion
30g extra virgin olive oil
80g white wine
120g ricotta
Grated peel of 1 lemon (without the white)
Nutmeg
120g cream

Preparation:
    Cut salmon into 8 equal pieces
    Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice
    Wash some baking paper under tap water and squeeze it carefully not to tear
    Wrap salmon slices with baking paper and place in Varoma Tray
    Slice mushrooms and put them in Varoma Bowl
    Put water in TM Bowl. Bring it to boil for 6 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 1
    Place Varoma Bowl and Tray. Steam for 15 minutes at Varoma Temperature on Speed 1. (After 7-8 minutes passed, turn salmon package and continue to cook). Cook 2-3minutes more if needed
    Set Varoma Bowl and Tray aside, keep warm
    Empty the water in TM Bowl. Put onion and oil. Cook for 3 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 4
    Insert Butterfly. Add wine, ricotta and half of the mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 4
    Add grated lemon peel, nutmeg, cream and the remaining mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 1
    Transfer salmon slices into serving plates, dress with champignon sauce

Adapted with a few changes from the recipe titled as Salmone al Vapore con Salsa di Champignon in the book named as Idee per il tuo Varoma

I served this with salad just because we are on diet but I strongly believe that rice pilaf would be great to serve with this saucy dish

Photo: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2011/07/steamed-salmon-with-champignon-sauce.html

Members' comments
Judy - Had this for lunch today farfallina and because I wanted to cook vegies to go with it I made a few changes so hoping you don't mind that I am posting what I did here for others who may like to do the same thing. It was really lovely, thanks for the recipe.

I used 2 x 170g salmon steaks - not very big but plenty for us with a plate of vegies and this sauce. Obviously because they were small, they didn't need to be cooked very long. Of course they continue cooking once in the thermosaver so don't be tempted to cook them any longer.
I placed 500g boiling water into the TM bowl, 3cm cubed potatoes into the steaming basket, mixed fresh vegies cut into small pieces into the varoma bowl and the sliced mushrooms onto the varoma tray. I used 225g mushrooms.
Cooked for 13 mins/varoma temp/speed 3 then added the wrapped parcel of the skinned salmon (which I left whole) on top of the mushrooms and continued cooking for 5 mins/varoma temp/speed 3.
I then placed all the vegies, except the mushrooms, and the wrapped fish into the thermosaver to keep warm whilst I made the sauce.
I made the full quantity of sauce even though I only used half the quantity of mushrooms and lemon zest. Leftover sauce will be used over some parmesan crumbed chicken tenderloins tomorrow.
Chopped the onion, sauteed 4 mins/100o/speed 1.
Added ricotta, wine and all of the mushrooms - did not insert the butterfly. Cooked 3 mins/100o/speed 2.
Added lemon zest, a few grindings of nutmeg, the cream, S & P and a scant tablespoon of cornflour.
Cooked 1 minute/100o/speed 2.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Steamed Salmon with Champignon Sauce (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:10:52 am »
This sounds delicious.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:14:56 am »
Is that the pink Atlantic salmon farfallina - sounds really nice.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:15:58 pm »

I don't exactly know judy
All I can say is that it is pink that's for sure! :)

I bought from Ikea's food market ;)
It is this one: LAX FILÉ

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:18:02 am »
Thanks farfallina, I have 4 pieces of that in my freezer so will earmark them for this recipe.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 02:12:52 pm »
Yummy,Salmon is my favorite ,we had it for lunch today with mushroom risotto ,added some powdered dried forest mushrooms intensified the flavor , will try this one next time
Denise

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

After getting used to eating salmon, no other fish satisfies me now
I might be wrong, I know
Nevertheless, it is the one I enjoy the most!

I hope you enjoy also this one Bedlam ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:09 am »
Had this for lunch today farfallina and because I wanted to cook vegies to go with it I made a few changes so hoping you don't mind that I am posting what I did here for others who may like to do the same thing. It was really lovely, thanks for the recipe.

I used 2 x 170g salmon steaks - not very big but plenty for us with a plate of vegies and this sauce. Obviously because they were small, they didn't need to be cooked very long. Of course they continue cooking once in the thermosaver so don't be tempted to cook them any longer.
I placed 500g boiling water into the TM bowl, 3cm cubed potatoes into the steaming basket, mixed fresh vegies cut into small pieces into the varoma bowl and the sliced mushrooms onto the varoma tray. I used 225g mushrooms.
Cooked for 13 mins/varoma temp/speed 3 then added the wrapped parcel of the skinned salmon (which I left whole) on top of the mushrooms and continued cooking for 5 mins/varoma temp/speed 3.
I then placed all the vegies, except the mushrooms, and the wrapped fish into the thermosaver to keep warm whilst I made the sauce.
I made the full quantity of sauce even though I only used half the quantity of mushrooms and lemon zest. Leftover sauce will be used over some parmesan crumbed chicken tenderloins tomorrow.
Chopped the onion, sauteed 4 mins/100o/speed 1.
Added ricotta, wine and all of the mushrooms - did not insert the butterfly. Cooked 3 mins/100o/speed 2.
Added lemon zest, a few grindings of nutmeg, the cream, S & P and a scant tablespoon of cornflour.
Cooked 1 minute/100o/speed 2.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00:12 am »

It looks great judy!! and also complete!
I mean you should have something as side dish while having this
I thought pilaf would be great but steamed veggies are even better
Thank you for sharing with us  :-*