Author Topic: Linguine with Prawns, Basil and Cherry Tomatoes  (Read 6947 times)

Offline CateA

• View Profile
Linguine with Prawns, Basil and Cherry Tomatoes
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:45:12 am »
Linguine with Prawns, Basil and Cherry Tomatoes
Serves 2

300gms raw king prawns
Juice of 1/2 lemon
100gms dried linguine
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
Zest 1 lemon.
1/2 bird eye chili, or to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Large handful of roughly torn basil leaves

Peel the lemon and place peel in the TM bowl. Grate for 15 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
Shell, devein and butterfly prawns, then cut each prawn into thirds. Place in a bowl, add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Cook the linguine according to manufacturers directions on the stove or in the TM. Once cooked, add 1/2 of the olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and keep warm.
Place the garlic and chilli in the TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 9. Add the lemon zest and the remaining olive oil and saute for 2 mins at 100C on speed 1. Add the wine and tomatoes and saute for a further 3 mins, leaving the MC off to allow for the wine to reduce a little. Add the prawns and cook for 2 mins at 100C on  :-: ^^.
Pour the contents of the TM bowl over the cooked linguine and stir through torn basil leaves. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary. Serve with freshly milled black pepper.

I apologise that some of my recipes only serve 2 as I only ever cook for just my partner and I for now! Please let me know how you get on if any of you double the quantity.

Members' comments
KerrynN - We had this for dinner with guests last night and it was really yummy, if a bit lemony. One of the guests was quite late though so the prawns had sat in the lemon juice for much much longer than half an hour and I wondered if that was why.
We would definitely do this again.

JD - Like Kerryn, we found this to be a bit lemony too and I only marinated the prawns for the specified time of 30 minutes so I would cut back on the lemon juice next time.  Didn't have cocktail tomatoes so just cut up 1 large tomato.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:34:51 pm by judydawn »

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Linguine with Prawns, Basil and Cherry Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:28:19 pm »
I'm sure it will be easy enough Cate, I'm happy to have some meals for just 2 people though.  Love the sound of this one.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »
lol Judy I was just going to post that it was great to see some meals for 2 people. I have quite a few that I can pass these onto. Well done CateA - I know a few people that will appreciate these
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »
Yes there are lots of us on the forum with just 2 people.  You'd have to triple these recipes wouldn't you Kathryn  ;) ;)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 12:30:15 am »
We had this for dinner with guests last night and it was really yummy, if a bit lemony. One of the guests was quite late though so the prawns had sat in the lemon juice for much much longer than half an hour and I wondered if that was why.

We would definitely do this again.

Kerryn
Kerryn

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:43 am »
Marinating the prawns in the lemon juice for too long would have cooked the prawn to a certain extent Kerryn.  It would pay not to marinate anything using just lemon or lime juice until all your guests arrive - don't you hate people being late for dinner  >:( >:(  It has always been my pet hate, you go to so much trouble for visitors and a meal can be ruined by people not arriving when asked to do so. You set your preparation/cooking timetable by that time and it just throws everything out of sync if they are late.  You were lucky the prawns were only a 'bit lemony', they could have ended up rubbery as well.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 06:58:17 am »
Like Kerryn, we found this to be a bit lemony too and I only marinated the prawns for the specified time of 30 minutes so I would cut back on the lemon juice next time.  Didn't have cocktail tomatoes so just cut up 1 large tomato.