Author Topic: Lost Members?  (Read 35972 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Lost Members?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 01:16:12 am »
welcome to the forum Shinyknight i am sure you will be posting in no time.
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 02:48:33 am »
thats a great resolution, and we look forward to hearing more from you shinyknight
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 06:06:10 am »
Glad you have joined us Shinyknight  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 06:40:41 am »
Lovely to have you with us shinyknight. I look forward to reading lots of posts from you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:14 am »
Shinyknight, I have been a member for about 1 1/2 years now and only contributed perhaps 2 - 3 recipes, all my other postings have been comments, thoughts or ideas - I'm not a great cook, but I do like to be involved if I feel I have something to say that isn't too inane.

Welcome to the forum, you're obviously familiar with both it and your TMX so I think you will probably find that you'll start contributing more and more now that you have taken the step to join us.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:21 am »
Welcome Shinyknight to participating in the forum :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 10:21:26 am »
The girls are right Shinyknight, now you've made the first step the next ones will be so much easier.  Just a comment here or there on any of the recipes you find on the forum or from the books and before you know it you will be wanting to post photos of your meals etc like the rest of us.  It's a great little community here and such a joy to be part of it - a big welcome to you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 05:41:32 am »
Amanda, a very warm welcome to you.
If we all contribute a bit, the forum keeps on growing.

Welcome aboard.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 04:23:17 pm »
Welcome Shinyknight! Great that you have made a resolution to be active on the forum. I love hearing about other people, where they come from, what they do, what they cook and eat. I live in the country, so don't get to talk to many different people in person.

I love this forum for the way it gives me that opportunity to communicate with people from all over the world.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 12:31:44 am »
Hello and welcome Amanda. Great to see you here. I haven't posted many recipes but love to contribute. The members on here are a lively group of people and I have made so many new friends who share my enthusiasm for thermomix.

Take care and Happy Cooking
DG xxxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:54 am »
When I got my Thermie Meagan had written in the back of my EDC a few websites ect that I might find helpful. I asked to join this one straight away and I don't post much. I find it an invaluable source of information but it is very daunting! Everyone knows everyone and I kind of feel like I am intruding. I am an oddball and very strange to a lot of people so I find it hard to always comment and don't know how my comments might be taken on the interwebs! Getting a new Thermie can be overwhelming and people might join and then forget. Also like I think it was CP mentioned you can't see the pics unless you are logged in. I am all about the pics!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2012, 03:35:21 am »
You can only get to know others if you join in and made a few comments Nighteyes_fitz which you are doing.  On any forum you will get a group of people who have been on there since day 1 and seem to be very good friends - our forum is no different but we welcome newcomers with open arms and take people as we find them.  It's nice to be different but you can't be too different from the rest of us because you have a Thermomix  ;D  Just enjoy, join in and let us decide if you are 'strange' or not. We have had 'strange' people before if it makes you feel any better ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 03:49:12 am »
Big welcome, and as JD said 👍for coming out and introducing yourself. We'll get to know you once you start posting. A lot of people think I'm weird too 👉🙍👈 ha ha. If you don't log in and just remain a guest, you'll miss out on a lot of photos that people post cos that can't be viewed. So that's one of the perks of being a member 😃
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2012, 03:57:47 am »
Night eyes. This place is full of odd bods believe me. Join the crowd.  Because we have Thermothingy in common we get on pretty well.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2012, 04:19:45 am »
Welcome Night Eyes - as Judy said, this would have to be one of the friendliest forums around.  All you need to do is to kick in and join a conversation!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com