Author Topic: Frozen Cakes and Cookies  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Frozen Cakes and Cookies
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:21:11 am »
As you know, our renovation / extension project is in its final stages.  Our builders have asked if they could have an open day a couple of days before handover for prospective clients, sub contractors, staff, etc. and dropped a very HEAVY hint about my home cooked cakes and cookies.  I do all my baking at the weekends and the open day is scheduled for a Friday so, the question is, can anyone suggest cakes / cookies that can be baked then frozen for a week or two then thawed out successfully on the open day?  Perhaps all cakes and cookies can be frozen, I don't know because the ones I bake never seem to last long enough to see the inside of my freezer!

At this stage, I am not sure that I will do much baking, etc., we may just go with buying dips and Turkish bread, pizza, sushi, etc., but just in case the whim takes me to go on a baking spree in the week or two prior to the 'event' I would welcome your ideas and thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Frozen Cakes and Cookies
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:08:24 pm »
Marina, there are some good suggestions here.  Slices and biscuits that keep well.  Lamingtons also keep well in the freezer. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »
The ILB cake is quite large and would freeze too. https://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1097.0
I’m pretty sure shortbread biscuits of any sort would freeze too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:03:16 am »
I don’t bake a lot Marina but if I do then everything gets frozen. Good luck with everything, you’re very generous to allow the builders to use your reno to their advantage.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 06:32:00 am »
muffins freeze well, So does ILB cake on here ( my favorite) I make this into a ice cream cake for desserts alot.

Most cookies dough can be made ahead and frozen in logs, then baked as you need it.
Fruit cakes can be frozen.
pastry cases can be baked and frozen empty  then fill on the day. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:51:37 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I did experiment with freezing cookie dough and that worked so, although the open day has been and gone, thanks to everyone's suggestions, I am more relaxed about baking things and freezing them for later use.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.