Author Topic: Recipe Review - Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake Quick Fix in the TMX page 124  (Read 14880 times)

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
Re: Recipe Review - Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake Quick Fix in the TMX page 124
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 02:54:22 am »
How great to hear Judy!! Nothing better than accidental weight loss. Lovely to hear that the book has contributed to your health. :) 

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »
Made this tonight with the buckwheat pasta. I found that there was a little too much pasta and sauce for my average size lasagne dish and I had to hold some back otherwise it would spill over in the oven - next time I will use my whopper. I have never tasted buckwheat pasta before and I must say I found the pasta a little "cardboardy", but mixed with the sauce and cheese it tended to hide that taste.  Everyone really enjoyed the dish, and I will probably make this again with the wheat pasta to see what the difference is (although I know its not as healthy). Very flavoursome  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »
I made this tonight also, although i used wheat pasta (liked how easy to prepare in thermoserver) and substituted parsley for celery. I made individual serves.  We all enjoyed it, i cooked 300g pasta and made 6 individual serves with some tuna mix left over. I think i will combine it all,inluding the cheese before i bake next time. There will be a next time.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 12:21:04 am »
I made this last night and used normal pasta. I was a little concerned that it hadn't cooked completely when I put it in the oven but it completed cooking in there. I sort of made a half quantity as there's only 3 of us. I used tuna in olive oil and made the recipe exactly as per the book. I was a little unsure if I would like it but it was really tasty and lovely. In fact we all had seconds and there is still enough for lunch today.
My first recipe from your book Alyce and I loved it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:12 am »
I am going to try this, will be making  it wednesday, I am allergic to fish & seafood so am going to substitue with chicken breast. I will be using regular pasta as I have some in the cupboard.

What an amazing way to cook pasta, I am assuming spagehtti would work as well. I love TM spahetti but its a long procees, this is so easy :)

Ds loves pasta bakes,  so i will pre cook my chicken, i normally have some in the freezer but its finished. I will add the chicken just before baking.

I am wondering if I need to add some extra cheese sauce/cream or something as I wont be having any oil from the tuna.

Any suggestions?

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline alyce alexandra

• View Profile
    • alyce alexandra cookbooks
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:53 am »
Yum! I think it will be great with the chicken, but you make a good point in that the mixture may need a little extra moisture.  I haven't ever made it this way but I would suggest adding a little extra cream or simply a big splash of olive oil. The amount of cheese needed will depend on the size of the dish used - the larger the surface area the more cheese needed to cover it!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:07 am »
Hally, I tried cooking spaghetti this way but it didn't cook like the spiral pasta did which I thought was strange.  Maybe it needed longer but I just threw the water and spaghetti into a saucepan and boiled it for 4 minutes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 03:32:29 am »
This has just come out of the oven. Good 6 serves

I used 550g of chicken breast instead of tuna. I pre cooked the breast in the oven
1 zuchini & 2 carrots
200mls of lite cream
pasta 250g

Pasta cooked perfectly in thermoserver. I couldn't believe my eyes :o :o

I have just had a small serve for lunch. was surprised how light it was, not a rich heavy sauce at all. Perfect for healthier option for a pasta bake, might have used a bit more cheese. Next time will mix a little cheese through as well. Sauce nice and moist, adding a little extra cream to compensate for the tuna oil worked well.

love this dish, wii make again. also a great dish to have in the freezer for days you are unable to cook.

Thanks Alyce :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 02:37:49 am »
I made this last night - I really liked it, so did the 6yo. Unfortunately the 8yo doesn't like tuna so she mainly ate the pasta - could have kicked myself for telling her it was tuna, she probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise! The only tweaking I did was using 250g of normal spiral pasta, and fresh corn instead of frozen peas as that's what I had in the fridge. A really tasty dish using basic pantry ingredients and whatever vegies you have in the fridge - love it!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 07:24:31 am »
Could have told her the truth and said it was le thon ( ;) tuna in French) but not expand on that until she says she has a proper taste before deciding whether she likes it or not
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:26:47 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Connars nan

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 11:53:18 am »
What a fantastic recipe everyone loved it I put bechamal sauce on top under the cheese this will be a regular on the menu thank you Alyce I.m loving your book I have made 3 meals so far this week from it

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:39 am »
I made this the other night just with 250g rigatoni.  I threw in some sliced mushrooms as well and had to use chives instead of spring onions on the top.  I couldn't believe how much it made...we easily got three meals out of it.  The only things I found were that my two zucchini were really big so halving them was not enough to be chopped up by the TM.  I had to remove and cut them into even smaller chunks before they were chopped properly.  I also found that Reverse Speed 2 was not high enough to get everything going when cooking the tuna mix.  I had to have the machine on 3 to get it going and then turned it down to around 2.5 once all of the ingredients were incorporated a bit.  A great dish though & we'll definitely make it again.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 10:58:38 am »
Another recipe to add to my list of things to make! I love the idea of using chicken Halex.
Has anyone tried this with salmon? (just because I know I have some of that in the cupboard, and don't have any tuna...one less thing to buy!?)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 11:22:05 am »
I imagine it would be fine with salmon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 07:48:47 am »
I made a half serve of this recipe and used only 100g wheat spirals which was the perfect amount for the half serve.  I was unsure whether the oil was supposed to be drained from the tuna or not (I did).  DH really enjoyed it and found it loose enough (not dry).  I didn't add any extra veg today did just as the recipe stated.

Individual serve