Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469890 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #795 on: June 28, 2012, 02:38:17 am »
My DH would love to come as he loves women and women love him. He cannot cook, or shop.He can, however, poursa mean glass of wine but only after he fills his own glass first.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 28, 2012, 04:49:16 am »
My dh couldnt think of anything worse than a bunch of giggling girls talking about cooking.

My dh, CLUELESS, was in the bath a while ago, asked him to turn the oven on, he said HOW ??? :o

CP had to show him

H your next challenge, teaching DH how to turn oven on  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 28, 2012, 07:49:22 am »
Good to know a DH will be there, does he cook the BBQ?   To save me going back on the pages and pages can you let me know about 1. goodie bag?  and 2. dress up??? I have tried to find it but its a bit disjointed so just a bit of help please
 ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2012, 08:50:45 am »
Word of warning,  my DH doesn't do BBQ.   
Like Gert's DH he likes women and they like him.  He also likes wine.
He is coming with me as I get lost in airports,  and we are visiting good friends in Perth.
He is also a sweetie and because I want to catch up with all you wonderful people, he is prepared to come also.
So looking forward to this trip, and so grateful to all who are obviously putting themselves out to make this a great  weekend.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2012, 08:51:23 am »
I think it may be easier/cheaper if people just bring a goodie bag for themselves ie. a pillowcase or a bag that has had some purchased items in it. For the winery tour, just dress up bizarre bizarre - secondhand shop or dress up box. Will be emailing everyone probably next week or so once I get my head around this week.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

mcmich

« Reply #800 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54:40 am »
Thanks CP.
My DH does an excellent bbq. Haven't told him yet that he has to get something for the goodie bags.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:46 am »
Will There Be

. ??
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:33:02 pm by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 28, 2012, 12:54:10 pm »
Hally, my DH is the Same. I rang him from swimming training a while ago, and asked him to put the oven on for me so that it would be preheated for when I got home. He asked me "how?" too.
Oh, and he doesn't BBQ either.
On the plus side, he can be charming and pour wine
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 28, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »
My DH would love to come of there was more 'blokes' coming. He is not a wine drinker at all, but doesn't mind a beer.

CP we went for a drive down to Gracetown today and our phones couldn't get a signal. Is that correct? They are Telstra. No phone would mean no iPad playing or lessons. :'( :'( ::
I took a couple of photos and will post them. The ocean was really wild and beautiful. We called in at the Margaret River cheese factory on the way home. If my passengers would like to I'll call there on the way home. Harvey has a great cheese place too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 28, 2012, 01:01:05 pm »
No iPads at Gracetown - what  :o :o :o   How will we survive the weekend without contact with the outer world ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 28, 2012, 01:19:25 pm »
Ok, DH does  Bbq if you like char grilled ???

He only bbqs here if I am desperate & just sausages ;D he can turn the hob on then what he says :-))

Hope i can call home or I will be worried about cp.

Cookie,    love, love cheese ;D

Well chookie, your dh s going to enjoy himself with all the women, maybe we could  slow him down a bit by an early morning bootbcamp ;D

Whoops not a boob camp, meant bootcamp, hard yakka ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:24:11 pm by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 28, 2012, 01:21:34 pm »
My DH would love to come of there was more 'blokes' coming. He is not a wine drinker at all, but doesn't mind a beer.

CP we went for a drive down to Gracetown today and our phones couldn't get a signal. Is that correct? They are Telstra. No phone would mean no iPad playing or lessons. :'( :'( ::
I took a couple of photos and will post them. The ocean was really wild and beautiful. We called in at the Margaret River cheese factory on the way home. If my passengers would like to I'll call there on the way home. Harvey has a great cheese place too.

Please tell me that is not true.  I cannot believe that . I will be truly pissed  off .   I feel sick in the stomach. 

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 28, 2012, 01:30:55 pm »
Dashing den  will be doing the early morning run H . There will be no boot camp for me as I am well and  truly over it. Years and years of gym, walking , running,  jazzercise  and every other fad have taken their toll on my body. These days I am a champion eater and drinker which I well deserve.

Men doing a BBQ is so sexist . I am sure we can manage while the boys pour the drinks.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 28, 2012, 10:04:10 pm »
Yeah you can mange. Guys  as waiters, with big aprons. ;D ;D

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 28, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »
Just like this
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate