Author Topic: Peanut Chicken Noodles - Quick Dinners AA  (Read 1896 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Peanut Chicken Noodles - Quick Dinners AA
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:05:57 am »
This recipe was a free one from AA’s website.  DH loved it said the flavours were really good; delicious!  I have some observations of the recipe.

I made my own Udon noodles, and made the 2 cup lot in my machine which when made came to about 640g (uncooked weight).  As the suggested amount was 700g I thought this would be okay.

I followed the recipe precisely but found there was too much food to cook in the Varoma in one go.  Maybe my chicken fillets were too big, but with the chicken and all the pasta there’s no way I could get it to all cook properly even moving it around with tongs, so I ended up removing the pasta and finishing off the cooking on the stove top which only takes a few mins anyway, and it left more room in the Varoma for the chicken.

I think I prefer to leave my fillets whole (or at least cut into 3 pieces) and steam them, then slice thinly once cooked – just a personal preference.  Again this would leave more room in the Varoma and easier for the steam to get through.

The peanut sauce/paste was really lovely and I used light & creamy coconut evap milk in place of coconut cream.  I also added a smidge of the pasta cooking water to it to loosen it up a little for easier mixing through the pasta etc.

I didn’t end up using all the pasta so next time I will only make the 1 cup amount and see how that goes.  I will still cook the pasta separately and not slice the chicken until after cooking as above.

I made this for DH to have for the next 2 nights, plus for the freezer, it made 6 good serves.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Peanut Chicken Noodles - Quick Dinners AA
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 09:46:15 am »
That looks delicious Julie.  So nice to see you back cooking up a storm.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:45 am »
Looks lovely Julie. Thanks for the tips.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:14:46 am »
It looks delicious Julie. I've put it on my menu plan for after Christmas. We will need something tasty, but different by then.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 12:06:50 pm »
Looks delicious and a great photo Julie. 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.