Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6101699 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11970 on: December 16, 2013, 09:40:23 am »
Congrats Nikkit & wonder, you must be so proud of your girls. Glad you got DS's class sorted Jo... My DD was in the same situation when she went into grade 1 with none of her friends, I was more worried about it than she was, in fact she was very happy because her class had a pet turtle! Turned out absolutely fine.
Still haven't found a housesitter, so looks like the dog is coming to Adelaide with us. Luckily my sister doesn't mind an extra guest, I just hope her dog feels the same way!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: December 16, 2013, 10:02:56 am »
Congratulations to your DD's Wonder and Nikkit.
You too have an amazing DD Maddy.What an asset to the world these lovely young women will be ;D
What a talented DS you have BZB. :)
Great news Jo that you had success in getting your DS class resolved. ;)

Enjoy your evening with Don Michele ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: December 16, 2013, 10:14:41 am »
Wow so many kids doing amazing things. We are very proud parents tonight - found out that she is one of only 41 year 12 students selected Australia wide out of a little over 1000 applicants! Lots of mixed feelings with her friendship group though with a few of the girls not doing as well as expected but all the boys doing amazingly well.

Jo, so glad that you got the classes sorted.

Nikkit, congratulations to both your girls, I would be a mess at the presentation but would be more than happy to be caught crying on such an occassion.

Good luck to your DD Maddie - that's a great achievment at such a young age.

BZB - very talented son.

Michelle have a great night!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: December 16, 2013, 10:17:36 am »
What wonderfully talented children our forum members have produced - well done to each and every one of your children. 

Gee DH's trip away went quickly Michele, I guess not so quickly for you though. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11974 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:30 am »
There certainly is lots of talent around the forum. DS has been playing the piano, he really enjoys it too. Would love to see him continue it again next year.
He received a reward last week for most improved. Which is a great achievement for him. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: December 16, 2013, 11:43:52 am »
Wow forum members have such amazing children. Congratulations to all of them. Congratulations to the very proud Mums and Dads too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: December 16, 2013, 12:37:46 pm »
it must be the good food they get
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: December 16, 2013, 07:48:35 pm »
Maddy, good luck to your DD, that is a great achievement.

Michele, glad DH is back, hope he had a lovely time  :)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »
Congratulations Nikkit, Wonder and Maddy to your very clever girls.
What great achievements and congratulations to our very proud mums  :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: December 16, 2013, 10:04:07 pm »
Wow, great stuff forum kids (and parents)!!  ;D

Having a day at home with DD today - the last day of just the 2 of us for this year.  School and kindy finish on Thursday, so it'll be both kids from then on.  Looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure  ;)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:34 pm »
So lovely to hear all the family news, and to know mcmich's DH should be back now.
Well done everyone. As CC says all these successful young ladies will do well in life, and of course they all have excellent Mamas too! Too right to be proud  ;D
Sorry for your double loss Nikkit but 90+ is a good innings for anyone and no doubt two lives well lived. Such changes have occurred in their lifetimes too.

Today we had so many men here we had traffic jams. Just as well the dog is away.... The gate and the road would have been such a worry. My sister visited too and I went to/fro the station, fetched parts, cleaned up more mess, and tonight we had a curry as all the family are here. Our usual place has been renamed and has a great offer £9.95 per head for starter, main, side, rice and naan, and poppadoms. It was good food and we are stuffed.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: December 17, 2013, 03:11:58 am »
Maddy, your DD is amazing. Skipping year 10 means she joins year 11 kids next year?

Yes...year 10 was condensed into year 9 as well.
Basically that allows the girls to finish 1 year earlier, or carry VCE over 3 years, which then allows them to do more subjects or repeat subjects if they fail...ultimately it's an advantage for achieving a higher atar score.
I don't know how many schools have this ALP class....when DD applied in grade 6, she had to sit a 3 hour exam.  There was over 200 girls sitting the exam for only 25 placements  :o  It is intense learning, but she's coped well & looking forward to the VCE subjects on offer next year  :)

Wow so many kids doing amazing things. We are very proud parents tonight - found out that she is one of only 41 year 12 students selected Australia wide out of a little over 1000 applicants! Lots of mixed feelings with her friendship group though with a few of the girls not doing as well as expected but all the boys doing amazingly well.

That's fabulous wonder  8) I bet she's ecstatic!

Jo....YaY...you can be at ease now  ;)

BZB....how wonderful!

Have made cupcakes for my Brothers Birthday, choc chip muffins in oven now for kids, then better get stuck into the long list of "can't be bothered" jobs  :-\
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: December 17, 2013, 07:44:27 am »
You all would be so proud of me. Today work rang to ask if I could work on Sunday and I said NO :) I proceeded to explain to the coordinator that I had worked 7 weekends in a row and am working Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day and I needed this weekend off. She acted as if she didn't even realize, but I don't believe her as it's her job to know these things.

I also rang my old employer who passed on the message that I was looking for work, and within 20 minutes I got a call back to ask if I could come in on Friday for a meeting with the HO officer. :)

Also got a call about my car (was hoping I could pick it up) but they can't find a problem with it at all, they asked my permission for the mechanic to take it home with him and see if the problem shows up again (hope he takes care of it). Will find out more tomorrow I guess.

Had the day off today and finished all my framing jobs before Christmas. Very happy about that.

Had a carpenter come and look at the caravan frame to do some repairs for me, but from what he was saying I think he's going to blow the budget big time and take too long. Think I will just do it myself. It's really not going to be that difficult to do. It's just finding the time myself. :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: December 17, 2013, 07:48:02 am »
Well done Mandi. :-* :-* We are so proud of you ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: December 17, 2013, 07:50:29 am »
Thanks CC, I'm proud of me too :). Felt nice to finally say No.