Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6107848 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11955 on: December 16, 2013, 02:25:27 am »
Great  results Nikkit and Wonder,  :D

Cookie I did that last year, just emailed the principal.

This year, a new principal since July, and she rang me 4 weeks ago, but would not tell who was in which class.
So I had to wait till last Wednesday...

wish we could keep this guy acting principal for the last 3 weeks, the kids love him.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11956 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:17 am »
Congratulations to your girls wonder and Nikkit.
Fingers crossed Jo. Know exactly what you mean. Stick to your guns.
DS5 already knows his prep class and classmates for next year and whilst I'm not thrilled with how they split up the kinder friends, he is in with two boys he knows. He. Ales friends easy so should be fine. We find out DS6's class tomorrow. It's a grade 1&2 composite. Will be interesting to see how the mix up the friends...or not.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: December 16, 2013, 04:36:04 am »
Tears of joy are quite OK Nikkit but if you think DD will be embarrassed then perhaps you'd better put your big girl pants on and see if they work. You have every right to feel so proud of your DD and most Mums would shed a tear or two. Sorry to hear your news on the other front though.

Great news Wonder, it's a stressful time for kids at the moment.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: December 16, 2013, 05:38:12 am »
I think mixing up friendship groups is a very good idea, but not when only one child is separated from the group.
In DD's final primary year, like Jo's son, she was the only one separated from her group and she really felt alienated...this did affect her friendships, and I wished I had kicked up more fuss about it....there was a long list of other issues for that particular class, but that's another story  :-))...had she not been school captain, I would have pulled her out of that school!

Congrats to your girl Wonder....not looking forward to those anxious moments with my DD!...she actually starts VCE next year (only just finished yr.9), but because she is in an accelerated program, she skips yr.10 & completes VCE over 3 years

Congrats also to both your girls Nikkit  8) cry as much as you want I say  :)
Condolences also on the loss of your Grandma  :(

Feeling triumphant....DS had his heart set on an ipad for Xmas, which I really think is not ideal for memory storing with his go-pro videos, school work etc...so as DD needs a new laptop for school, I have convinced him that getting his Sisters Mac with new cover & has much more memory, is a better idea...he agrees  :D that rarely happens  :o
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11959 on: December 16, 2013, 05:59:34 am »
Apparently the issue with my car is only minor and not uncommon and an easy fix. Hope I get it back tomorrow. But at this time of year the service centre is flat out.  But fingers and toes are crossed. Glad it's still under new car warranty so won't cost me anything and they lent me a Toyota Corolla until I get my car back :)

As for the Caravan hopefully will have some progress photos soon. Nothing much has happened in the last month or so as I have been too busy with work. :)

As for my job I will battle in for a little longer until the new year (I can't imagine anything will improve) but I will start making enquiries into getting a position elsewhere. There is always positions advertised, but I don't want to take a step backwards so want to do my homework first. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: December 16, 2013, 06:34:40 am »
Big girl panties don't work in this instance Judy. I've had them on all this week (no - not the same pair...I have several pairs!) and have tears every day thinking about one thing or the other!

Bit hopelessly emotional I am.  :P

Think I might just take a hanky or 2 and let those tears flow!

Thanks ladies :)

Yes Cookie - I think the results do come out about then.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: December 16, 2013, 07:01:16 am »
Aw Nikkit we have been there done that. We have big shoulders.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: December 16, 2013, 07:54:32 am »
Jo....good on you & stand your ground  ;)
What grade is he in? 

He's going into year 3, but I'm not sure if that's the same as over there - he's 6 and a half, started school April 2012 (start as soon as they turn 5 here).  So, pretty young. 
But we have SUCCESS - he is moved to the class with all his friends.

I'm so relieved.  The more I thought about it, the more determined I was that he HAD TO move - not only his best buddies, but also his whole miniball team, and soccer team-mates, plus the kids we knew from pre-school days.  All of them are in this one particular class, so really the right place for him!! 

In the end it was probably a much bigger deal in my head than in reality - getting him changed over was relatively painless.  If they'd said "no" from the start, it would have been a whole different ball game...but no need to worry now.  Phew.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: December 16, 2013, 07:57:04 am »
Great news Jo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: December 16, 2013, 07:58:29 am »
Great news Jo.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #11965 on: December 16, 2013, 08:07:19 am »
It's good that you went with your instincts Jo - a great outcome  :D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: December 16, 2013, 08:30:09 am »
That is good news Jo, so glad everything worked out well

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: December 16, 2013, 08:47:26 am »
Yay Jo.  ;D
:D

mcmich

« Reply #11968 on: December 16, 2013, 09:15:37 am »
DH's plane has landed and he should be home in about 1/2 hour - so I'm off to powder my nose and will see you girls in the morning.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: December 16, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
Well done to your girls, Nikkit and Wonder.

Maddy, your DD is amazing. Skipping year 10 means she joins year 11 kids next year?

Jo, good news about the change. The 3 primary schools my boys have been to put up the class lists a few days before school reopened.

The boys performed at their piano school's Year End Concert yesterday. This is DS8's pretty little piece :)

http://youtu.be/TBKducL9Kro