Author Topic: Butter Chicken & Tikka Paste  (Read 183209 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Butter Chicken & Tikka Paste
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 10:10:27 am »
Rob - if you can't get hold of milder chillis over there, just let me know and I can pop some in the post for you.   The tikka paste really needs milder chillis so you can appreciate the taste of all the other spices.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »
rob what about sambal oelek (chilli paste) ..maybe you can buy that in the supermarkert...here we have an international section of foreign foods and spices etc and also a forieign fruit and veg in thre fresh produce section.... you could always substitute a teaspoon or to taste some paste if you have trouble finding chillis??? or just a tiny bit of cayenne pepper or something else to add a little spice but not too much...there are always substitutes...some speciatlity shops also sell chillis in jars or cans usually from either spain or mexico...just an option when you dont live in a country or a city big enough to cater for items that arent that known or popular in the majority of europe....anything for curries or chilli etc arent easy to get hold of in France because the locals dont in general like anything spicy....a mild would be spicy for most froggies i know... once i made gucacamole and they found it too spicy..wasnt at all but I have learnt to tone everything down alot as DH and I love spice..anyway hope you find an alternative  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »
Maybe you could use it for the chicken tikka masala that is with a fair amount of yoghurt?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Stimi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 07:57:37 am »
This Butter Chicken with the Home Made Tikka paste is absolutely out-of-this-world. I would definately recommend you to cook this! ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
Hi Stimi, I take it that you really enjoyed this recipe.  Hi and welcome to the forum with your first posting.  Why not pop over to the Welcome section and introduce yourself so that we can all say hello.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 10:48:01 am »
Hi guys. Does the chicken stay chunky in this recipe or does it shred up fairly finely?? I'd love to see a photo of it if anyone has one?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:15 am »
It should be chunky Lisa but sorry, no photo here.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2012, 10:55:24 am »
Hi guys. Does the chicken stay chunky in this recipe or does it shred up fairly finely?? I'd love to see a photo of it if anyone has one?
I have made this quite often Lisa and the chicken has never shredded.Afraid no photo. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2012, 11:18:54 am »
Ok, thanks Judy and Cornish Cream. I'll try it this week. I made a chicken dish last night and the chicken shredded and was quite bitsy. I must have had speed up to high while in reverse. Love butter chicken so will try this and take a photo :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2012, 12:48:46 pm »
i have found that no matter the recipe the diced chicken should be added only in hte last 8 mins max or it will end up shredded unless there is alot of liquid in the bowl...so now no matter hte recipe i just continue as the recpe states andadd the chicken in the last 7 to 8 mins of cooking..no more shredded chicken  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2012, 01:07:23 pm »
I never add the chicken to the Thermomix, always use a pot on the stove. The Tikka paste is gorgeous. I made a Tikka Fish Curry tonight and it was divine. I added sour cream and lemon juice as I didn't have any yoghurt.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »
Excellent. Thanks meganjane and Frozzie for the tips

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 07:15:04 am »
Part 1 done. Tikka Paste Made. Thought I would upload a photo of the paste. I thought it would have been a little redder. I tried it and its nice and spicey! I have put it in 150g batches and plan to freeze them and pull them out when I need them. I know the recipe says only 100g of tikka paste for the butter chicken but i always like to add a little extra :)

Offline Fayeeg

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:07 am »
Lucky me.. Lisa brought round some of this paste yesterday & i made a variation to the chicken tikka with it last night... I added some Greek Yoghurt to the paste to make a marinade then cooked the chicken strips in the Varoma..

It was so delicious that I made myself extra sauce (with the yoghurt & paste again) & warmed this threw before drizzling it onto of the marinated chicken & rice...

I served it with rice with brocolli & carrots but i think Bok Choy would have gone down a treat with this dish.. & maybe a pappadum or 2..   :)

YUMMO - THANKS LISA!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 12:37:27 am »
Nice to see you sharing the tikka paste love around Lisa.