Author Topic: Blender: TMX v Vitamix  (Read 3481 times)

Offline flavourofthemonth

• View Profile
Blender: TMX v Vitamix
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:38 am »
Recently I've been having smoothies. Actually 'roughies' in my Magimix blender. LOL.

I'm wondering if anyone has a Vitamix blender and can give me a comparison. I don't own either the TMX or the Vitamix. I plan on buying a TMX in coming months and am wondering if the blending will be as 'super' as the Vitamix or more like the Magimix which I already own. I don't think I could talk my hubby into the fact that I may *need* a Vitamix (at around AU$900) as well as a TMX.

I realise the TMX does a whole LOT more. I'm not debating if I need one over the other. Just if I need to consider a Vitamix down the track as well. Heaven forbid.  :-))

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Blender: TMX v Vitamix
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:12 am »
Definitely won't need vitamix aswell. The TMX speed goes up to 10200 RPM! And you have control over the temperature unlike vitamix.  ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 03:16:41 am »
I don't own a Vitamix but have tasted food from it. I prefer the TMX. I think it is way better. Once you have a TMX lots of other gadgets aren't needed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline tarosuma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:11:38 am »
I don't own a Vitamix but I can't imagine that it would be any better at smoothies than a TM.  Thermie has some serious stength!
The TM does the most amazing job of completely blending up all the fibres etc in a smoothie, the juice is thick but smooth.  I always add a handful of ice-cubes at the start to help break up the fibres of the fruit and vege.  If you want the juice thinner, add a bit of water.  LOVE smoothies!