Author Topic: Help me buy a TMX  (Read 15821 times)

Offline flavourofthemonth

• View Profile
Help me buy a TMX
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:23:59 am »
If first heard about thermomix on a forum somewhere about 18 months ago. I think I decided that I needed one right about then. About 6 months ago, my mum hosted a demo for a friend of hers so of course I went along. Oh my! I knew this was going to be great even before I went, but after seeing it, I just knew I really *needed* one of these little beauties. The lady that did the demo did a poor job of demonstrating it in my opinion and only ever did the one demonstration before leaving the company however, I was still sold.

I have a problem in that I am in no earthly way able to afford to buy myself a Thermomix.  :'( However I can't help obsessing about it. Ha! I bet most of you here understand that. I'm wondering if you are able to share some of the financial benefits of becoming a consultant. I work part time but heaven knows we could do with some extra cash. I already know that I love the TMX. I'm also accutely aware that these are tough times we live in and I would not be the 'Lone Ranger' in wanting one of these machines but not being able to afford one.

Does signing up as a consultant help with the cost of purchasing a machine? Are there any benefits financially? If I had the money, I would not be asking these questions. I would just buy one, sign up and share the love but it's a heck of a lot more difficult and complicated than that in reality for me.

Hope to hear some input from those that may have been in a similar position and found a solution.

Cheers, Dot (in rural Victoria)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:49:05 am by cookie1 »

Offline salval

• View Profile
Re: Help me by a TMX
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 02:54:41 am »
Hi Dot,

Everyone here definitely understands your "desperation" to have a TMX!  ;D

Others will I'm sure be able to help you more with the cost savings, but I just wanted to say it's a shame the consultant wasn't too good. Did she explain that you could actually earn your TMX by becoming a Consultant?? So, it's not just about the cost savings once you've got it - you can actually have it by earning it.

One lady I know did this five years ago - She had 3 young children, was on her own, limited funds, but really wanted one of these things..! Decided to become a consultant to earn a TMX & five years later, she's a Branch Manager!!

If you'd like to find out more, I can email you a form which you fill out & will then be contacted by my Group Leader who will be able to tell you more.

Send me a msge if you want any more info
Cheers,
Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 04:21:50 am »
This is a long read but it might interest you.  ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:59:54 am »
Hooly dooly, I just typed out a nice long reply and when I hit "spell check" it disappeared.  :o  Hmmm...

Thanks for your replies ladies. I appreciate you taking the time.

The lady that showed me the TMX never at any point mentioned anything about becoming a Demonstrator. So I guess what I'm really wanting to know is:

How much does it cost to join?
Do I need to buy a TMX first or is this a possible way to somehow gradually purchase a TMX for myself?
We are on a super tight budget and could do with extra income. Is this realistically a way to earn money or is it in actual fact going to cost me more?

I am asking because I know without a doubt that I already adore this machine and will love it more when I own one (one day  :-))). I will be more than happy to share the love but not at my own expense (dollar wise) as we don't have the $$ to spare.

I live in rural Victoria. Kinda NE central. I feel this should also be taken into account with regards to my consulting question.

Offline mkr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 05:12:58 am »
Hi Dot. Best thing to do would be to give head office a call. They can put you in touch with the Group Leader in your area who will be able to answer all of your questions.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:15:56 am »
You need a deposit of $600 + buy a business kit for $180 and you have 2 months (60days) to sell as many as you can to pay it off. If you sell 6 you have no more to pay and get your deposit back. If you don't sell any you pay what you owe.Before you start you have to do a couple days of training wherever your nearest 'Group Leader' is and you are expected to attend weekly meetings but can skype in if a long way from 'Group Leader'. Did you get to read any of that link I posted - it is helpful?? Some find it easy some find it hard - in any case you should see how many demos and sales you can set up before you start so you know you'll make it.  ;)

Offline deltamushworn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:04:02 pm »
Hi Dot
I would be really interested in hearing how you go and what you decide,  please keep us up to date ...
I cook with wine…Sometimes I even put it in the food !

jakodai

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 12:33:56 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm sorry to hijack the thread...

I'm a newbie - but I have been 'lurking' for a little while. I'm currently in the process of moving to a city apartment with a tiny kitchen, so I've decided that my treat to myself (for selling my beloved car) will be to buy myself a Thermomix, that I have wanted for so long! I'm a single mum, so the money to purchase one is going to take me a little while to save for and was wondering the same as Dot. Apart from anything else, I think it would be great for me to get out and meet new people. I have a couple of extra questions though...

Firstly, Do I have to rely on my own network of friends, etc to host demonstrations, or am I forwarded information of people to contact to host demonstrations for? I know I wouldn't be able to sell 6 Thermomixer's in the first 2 months if I had to rely on my own network, because I don't know anyone who has the money or the desire to purchase one. I LOVE cooking, but I don't know anyone else who does. My mum would probably be interested in one, but wouldn't purchase one because she's going on a holiday soon, and EVERY spare cent goes to that...

Secondly, what happens if I don't sell the 6 Thermomixer's in the first 2 months? Do I have to pay the balance immediately, or is there some kind of payment plan, or do I continue to host demonstrations / sell Thermomixer's without commission until the balance is paid?

I personally haven't attended a demonstration, but I have done LOT'S of research and watched several recorded demonstration's on YouTube, so this would obviously be my first step, but I guess I'm just trying to get a bit of an idea on what to expect.

I have to go to bed now, I'm lucky enough to have to get up for work at 5.30 tomorrow morning! :-S But I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to 'formally' introduce myself.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 04:33:12 am »
Hi jakodai,

"hijack" all you like ;)

There are 3 ways to get your hands on a Thermomix - 1) Full payment, or can make 3 payments over a couple of months, 2) Become a consultant & 3) Pay it off with a finance plan.

The training is very good (IMO) for new consultants. You're guided well & it's very comprehensive. You will be looking at your own friends & family initially for demos but we also get "leads" that come through to head office from online enquiries.They're sent to a Group Leader who then onforwards them to consultants.

You mentioned you love cooking but don't know anyone else who does. One of the things I've learnt as a consultant is you never know just who's going to buy a TMX!! I've been surprised time & time again :) Even on a personal note, I despised cooking. Hated it. But the reality was, I had to do it. Now, my family think someone else has taken over my body, as the person in the kitchen looks like me, but isn't acting like me!! I can't get enough of cooking now ;) ... So, don't worry too much about "who" is going to buy - just think who do you know who loves cooking, hates cooking, has food intolerances, is into health, is time-poor etc..

The finance plan is another great option - you can choose 12 months or up to 48 months to pay if off! Figures based on 12 month plan are about $43 a week. The interest rate is 11.99% for 12 months, but that's built in to the $43/week..  Considering you'd probably saving that much each week by having a TMX in your kitchen, it works out pretty well.

As I mentioned in another post, TMX offers "open days" for people who want to find out more about becoming a consultant. You just fill out a Prospective Consultant form, but it's not binding or anything. There's no obligation.

Cheers,
Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline kylie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:46:29 am »
Just a note regarding your rural location - I'm in the Goulburn Valley area and there is only one consultant in this entire region.... and she's tired! So if you are nearby to here then there is definitely potential for demonstrations.
I'd do it myself if I had the time!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31:16 pm »
I want to say thank you to all you lovely folk who have helped answer a few questions. I really appreciate you all taking the time to help me. I'm still thinking hard about this and haven't made any firm decisions.

Kylie, as it happens, I'm not that far south of the GV area. Down around Nagambie/Seymour region. Now I'm fascinated to know that there is only one consultant in the GV district. That's really serious food for thought.  ;)

PS: I can't believe I misspelled a word in my "subject" line.  :-)) Doh!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:33:20 pm by flavourofthemonth »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 01:50:15 pm »
Hi Dot, welcome to the forum.  You certainly have something to think about if your area is sadly lacking consultants.  May be the way to go afterall.  Good luck in making the decision.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 01:35:45 am »
Dot if you want to fix that spelling mistake go back to the first entry and "modify or edit" (I can't remember which). Only you can do this.

Best of luck getting a thermie  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help me buy a TMX
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 05:50:13 am »
Becoming a consultant may be the way to go Dot. My DH spent quite a lot of time at Seymour when he did his national service many, many years ago.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
Re: Help me buy a TMX
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:37 am »
Thanks CreamPuff. Looks like someone else fixed it for me.  :) Thank you mystery spell checker.  :D

Cookie, I think he'd find Seymour a different place to what it was many years ago. Sadly not better. <sigh> I live in a neighbouring town. It's cute and quaint. Hubby is related to almost the entire town. Ha ha!