Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9051490 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2340 on: January 07, 2010, 06:34:11 am »
Thermomixer,  thanks for keeping an eye on me.    Still not good on the computer.   Spent hours yesterday trying to get into my blog.  But   ...........  computer wouldn't let me.   Had to take a new pass word in the end.   Then spent hours last night re typing all the recipes that I had posted on the forum.   thanks again,  and yes I did get Stephanies new book for Xmas,  and a carry bag.    no instructions.   Thought I saw somewhere that you had to take the feet off.   Can this be right ?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 07, 2010, 06:47:48 am »
No Chookie, the feet go into the holes that are in the mat on the bottom. That is exactly how it is meant to go to protect everything. The pockets on the "flap" are to hold your spatula and butterfly and the large section at the rear will hold your varoma and also your bread mat rolled up to one side  ;) Store your steamer basket inside the bowl and away you go  ;D Hope this helps. If it is clear as mud let me know  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Kali Ma

• View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 07, 2010, 06:56:55 am »
DF is bringing ours home today. So think ill try a mango sorbet tonight as the first test.  :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2343 on: January 07, 2010, 08:12:04 am »
Thanks Kathryn,   very clear,  told DH that we would have to go away for a few days so that I could try it.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2344 on: January 07, 2010, 08:34:35 am »
DF is bringing ours home today. So think ill try a mango sorbet tonight as the first test.  :)

Good luck - great weather here for mango sorbet.

............  told DH that we would have to go away for a few days so that I could try it.

Like your thinking - road test like "Top Gear"  ;D ;D ;D

Hope you used Cut and Paste like JD showed you to put those recipes up on your blog  :o :o :o
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Kali Ma

• View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:37 am »
Make that raspberry sorbet..  ;D and it was a complete success and the kids LOVED it.. :)

The mango will be made later when DP is home to enjoy it, as he had to go back to work.

Offline Babymaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 07, 2010, 09:47:31 am »
I didn't post yesterday but we made our usual protein shake, yoghurt and bread, Hubby made anzac biscuits and I did chocolate custard after the yoghurt which I tipped into individual cups for in the fridge as snacks, we had the Pork Ragout with Rigatoni and garden salad with feta for dinner.

Today I had a sleep in, until lunch time :D so we have only done bread and lemon/orangeaid, hubby is making beef pie (just threw a few pieces of different recipes together, will post it if it turns out) and we might make some sorbet for desert.
Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~Harriet van Horne

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 07, 2010, 12:17:12 pm »

Hope you used Cut and Paste like JD showed you to put those recipes up on your blog  :o :o :o
  Judy didn't show her how to cut & paste, she wouldn't know how to herself Thermomixer  :P :P :P  Chookie probably did what I would have to do, that is type it all again. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2348 on: January 07, 2010, 12:33:27 pm »
Yes JD , you have got my number,  I did re type all the recipes          .   I was cross-eyed by the time I had finished.    The friend who set up my blog for me ,came today for lunch,   (with her DH who has just bought a T.M).   I told her how I re typed all the recipes,  she had shown me previously how to swap them over, but I couldn't remember.  A combination of age and stupidity.     Anyhow I been wondering how you will manage in the heat tomorrow.   

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 07, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »
I'll probably die Chookie ;D ;D ;D  3 days of 41o , not funny.  I feel sorry for people who have to work out in that heat, at least we can stay inside with the a/c and not really know it is that hot.  It must be going to work it's way across to you in Victoria too is it not ???  As long as there is a cool change in sight, I can cope and it is only going to be 26o on Tuesday thank goodness because I will be having the 2 grand-children here all day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2350 on: January 07, 2010, 11:36:00 pm »
Oh Chookie - that is a massive job then - 13 recipes in a day ??  Oh boy - you should have phoned a friend first  ;) - just ply them with some goodies from the freezer and have them do the cutting and pasting while you cook.
Oh, and JD - yes it is going to be B hot here for the next few days too - 40s on Monday
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Kali Ma

• View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:29 am »
I have big plans for today..  :D
Already made porridge, will make a juice for morning tea. And some bread dough.
Then bech sauce and bog sauce for lasagne, and havent decided on desert yet.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:22:47 am by Kali Ma »

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2352 on: January 08, 2010, 12:25:23 am »
I cooked a batch of quinoa - to be molded, chilled, sliced and fried, then topped with fresh green salsa (tomatillo sauce).

Ground some spices and herbs in the TMX to season chicken pieces for a tagine.  I also used the last of a jar of preserved lemons so started a new batch.  I should have started it last month as they take at least thirty days to "mature" but I just didn't think about it.  I had so many other things on my mind.

I forgot to mention, when I posted about making a batch of onion confit or caramelized onions in the TMX that I also added the peel of one preserved lemon.  I like the extra tang this ingredient adds to the flavor. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2353 on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:03 am »
Thanks for the preserved lemon in the onion tip and YES - there are so many things that get on your mind once you start playing with the TMX.  ;)  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2354 on: January 08, 2010, 01:09:23 am »
Preserved lemons are a terrific complement to many recipes, particularly the more bland type foods. 
My neighbor gave me a sack of limes and I am going to preserve a jar of limes in addition to the lemons.  These are the little Mexican limes, full of seeds and difficult to juice.  It is so much simpler to quarter them and layer them in salt and not have to deal with the seeds.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/